Rangers no goal results in loss of at least 1pt

hf101

Here’s the explanation via NHL.com’s Situation Room Blog:

At 16:45 of the second period in the San Jose Sharks/New York Rangers game, the Situation Room initiated video review to further examine Carl Hagelin’s wraparound attempt on the San Jose net. No camera angles provided to the Situation Room provided a clear image of the puck completely across the goal line. As a result, video review was inconclusive, therefore the referee’s call on the ice stands – no goal New York Rangers.

video in the link  http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/16/rangers-foiled-by-sharks-niemi-controversial-no-goal/related/

Referee clearly out of position. I'm not sure what Toronto saw, but that puck was in the net.

Referee clearly out of position. I'm not sure what Toronto saw, but that puck was in the net.

I am not sure I agree. The ref was where they normally are on that play (back corner / behind the net). Even if the ref is directly behind the net, I am not sure he sees the puck there. It took super slow mo in HD to see that puck go across. Even Hagalan didn't react right away. He thought "maybe". 

OK, 1 more team lost at least a point because of poor reffing in the Metropolitan Division.Now only 6 more bad calls need to be made(against any opponents in the Metro) to even up the rest of the division.....that is much easier than admitting the referees have screwed up........ :ph34r:

This is taking into account the call that screwed Hartnell and the Flyers out of at least a point the other night.

Edited by flyerrod

x

OK, 1 more team lost at least a point because of poor reffing in the Metropolitan Division.Now only 6 more bad calls need to be made(against any opponents in the Metro) to even up the rest of the division.....that is much easier than admitting the referees have screwed up........

This is taking into account the call that screwed Hartnell and the Flyers out of at least a point the other night.

I did not like the devils game call. I have respected your posts for a long time, but the whine you post above? Really? 

I did not like the devils game call. I have respected your posts for a long time, but the whine you post above? Really? 

Not sure what I am "whining" about..I am merely pointing out that the refs have taken away obvious points from 2 teams in the Metro division so far...to make it even in the division they have a few teams to go. That is called the BCF...or Bettman Correction Factor.

.I am merely pointing out that the refs have taken away obvious points from 2 teams in the Metro division so far.

I just don't see the Rangers game as "taking away" points. The Devils game for sure, but not the Rangers game. Just my dense opinion.