Now I am sort of rooting for the Pens...

FD19372

I don't see it - at all - this extra head snap you seem to be blaming for his injury. Or maybe you're not blaming it. Hard to tell what the hell you're saying at this point! lol

but seriously man look at this GIF - where is the embellishment? He gets hit and goes down. If anything it looks like he tries his best to keep his neck straight so that he doesn't whiplash himself.

http://twitpic.com/e0zte1/full

[edit: the more I watch it the more I wonder - what the hell is his problem? Maybe Aziz is right maybe it's the knee. His left knee gets a little folded awkwardly as he's going backwards. But he straightens it out in time; it doesn't fold underneath him. I don't know maybe he's just being a cooz; he's scared to play b/c he might choke in the POs - lol - who knows!]

Edited by canoli

It is what it is. Megna's fault, but Mason gave a little extra.

I could see this if it was Masons make up to over react. I can't speak of his Columbus days, but what I have watched of him in Philly and just hearing him speak and his personality, I firmly believe there is not "acting" as part of his make-up of a player. 

@canoli

I'm saying the same things I started with. A few other guys have read more into it or moved out of context and that blurs things I know.

Megna shoved MacDonald and got a deserved 2 minutes that is not called very often.

The contact knocked Mason down and the end result is he is injured.

I saw no intent to injure. It's hockey and players shove one another into goalies every game.

As Mason is going down he whips his head back and to the side for no apparent reason. To me that is what looks embellished.

Those were all my points from the start. Nothing has changed.

In light of Aziz's comment about the knee though, I'd never considered the knee an issue as they kept saying UBI and concussion. A possibility here is that at that moment, the knee popped or whatever to cause Mason pain, and THAT caused him to snap his head that way. I dunno but it's entirely possible. Might explain the movement anyway. Or he just did what many players in the NHL do, and drew a little extra attention, then got hurt hitting the ice or what have you. Mason is the only one who will ever know.

@Vanflyer

Bud in this NHL even the best seem to do it once in awhile. I don't put it past anyone anymore.

Edited by Polaris922

As Mason is going down he whips his head back and to the side for no apparent reason. To me that is what looks embellished.

well then you and I are watching different GIFs that's all I can say. What you're saying happened just didn't happen. [edit: it's nowhere in the video evidence anyway.]

Edited by canoli

well then you and I are watching different GIFs that's all I can say. What you're saying happened just didn't happen. [edit: it's nowhere in the video evidence anyway.]

that's what's I'm sayin at this point... this is basically an argument over reality at this point. We need independent verification for one side here. 

We need independent verification for one side here.

That's no problem we got a guy here somewhere, a big Cryan Miller fan I believe who posts here regularly. Personally I avoid the guy but maybe somebody will fall on the sword and ask him. LOFL.

There really is no way to identify the moment I'm looking at. I can't find a video to give a time stamp for it. And you can't exactly count frames in a GIF. I get that you guys disagree. There are a few that do, and a few that said they saw my point.

Ultimately what matters is Mason is hurt as a result if Megna pushing MacDonald in. I just don't think anyone can say Megna's intent was to hurt Mason. If it were he had MacDonald off balance and could have just skated straight through him and hit Mason himself.

wow what's your problem man? Yesterday maybe I could understand. But today you're still calling Mason names? And not just this thread...

From a fan of a team owned by one of the premier divers to ever play the game. That's rich.

Thats a lot of scoring from all those embellished dives from the owner. Bitter.

It's all sorted bud. Lol. They were just upset I'd say he embellished when he was clearly injured.

I know I am in the minority here as a Flyers fan but I do not think there was any intention to hurt Mason on that play.   With that being said I dont think he embellished either.  Every Coach from squirt through the NHL wants their Players to drive the net hard and that is what Megna did.   It was unfortunate but I see no intent to injure...