Now I am sort of rooting for the Pens...

FD19372

because I want Crosby done for the playoffs.  I hope that the Flyers are the ones to do it. If he gets another concussion, oh well.  :angry:

It looked quite intentional to me, and I hope Menga gets his. That team of horses a*ses has needed to get theirs for a while. No offense to some good guys that are Pens fans on this forum, but that was an absolute cheap shot.

Edited by FD19372

because I want Crosby done for the playoffs.  I hope that the Flyers are the ones to do it. If he gets another concussion, oh well. 

I don't want any player to get injured. But, you want to run our goalie, I have no problem running your superstar. 

• Like 1

Complete bullsh*t post. Your defenseman got pushed into your goalie just like every other team in the league game in game out. Do we really have to discuss the homer view in every thread every day?! Simmonds and Hartnell do this repeatedly. We lost a game to a goal scored on crap like this the game prior. You guys are acting like babies over an every day hockey play and your precious Mason's embellishment.

precious Mason's embellishment.

wow what's your problem man? Yesterday maybe I could understand. But today you're still calling Mason names? And not just this thread...

From a fan of a team owned by one of the premier divers to ever play the game. That's rich.

@doom88

@canoli

If it weren't ragged on in five different threads I wouldn't have to argue the point in five different threads. It gets old. Sorry if it bothers the two of you but as long as people continue to spout nonsense I'll continue to feel the urge to correct it. As far as name calling precious isn't exactly insulting?? Was it meant to prod at him a little? Absolutely. But in response to people wishing injury on someone, a team of horses a$$e$ or otherwise, I think I was the most level headed of the thread to that point.

@Polaris922

First: No way that was anywhere close to embellishment; Mason got freight trained.  I guess you claim that his injury is fake, too.  That's sewer talk right there.

Second: I don't think Menga meant to injure Mason, but he was careless in interfering with the defenseman and deserved every bit of that two minutes in the shame box.  He probably shouldn't have hid out on the bench afterwards, but that was a minor issue, as I didn't see any of the Flyers really call him out.

Third: Until the Penguins stop systematically training their squad into the art of diving, let but the grand diving diva of them all, Pens' fans don't get to have an opinion about other teams unless they 'fess up that this is true.  29 other fan bases acknowledge this apparent fact.

Edited by TedZep

Complete bullsh*t post. Your defenseman got pushed into your goalie just like every other team in the league game in game out. Do we really have to discuss the homer view in every thread every day?! Simmonds and Hartnell do this repeatedly. We lost a game to a goal scored on crap like this the game prior. You guys are acting like babies over an every day hockey play and your precious Mason's embellishment.

I'm a little late to this one... but, wow. Yeah, it IS a bullsh*t post. However, Simmonds and Hartnell have never done what Schmegma did. There was an extra push of the D into the goalie that I have a real problem with. And, there was clearly NO embellishment there. 

I'm a little late to this one... but, wow. Yeah, it IS a bullsh*t post. However, Simmonds and Hartnell have never done what Schmegma did. There was an extra push of the D into the goalie that I have a real problem with. And, there was clearly NO embellishment there.

Then I'm watching more Flyers games than you. And you're missing the famous head snap after contact that gets used by Flyers fans agains Pens players when they do it. ;) lol

Then I'm watching more Flyers games than you. And you're missing the famous head snap after contact that gets used by Flyers fans agains Pens players when they do it. ;) lol

well.. if Mason was embellishing... he deserves the award for best embellishment ever. I mean.. taking it so far to sit out gm1 of a playoff game takes embellishment to a new level. 

well.. if Mason was embellishing... he deserves the award for best embellishment ever. I mean.. taking it so far to sit out gm1 of a playoff game takes embellishment to a new level.

I don't dispute he's hurt. I think it's just as likely he's hurt by overacting as from the hit itself. Some other posters and I have beat this to death. We're not going to change each others' minds. Lol

I don't dispute he's hurt. I think it's just as likely he's hurt by overacting as from the hit itself. Some other posters and I have beat this to death. We're not going to change each others' minds. Lol

i realize we're not gonna change each other's minds, but i gotta say, i'm surprised you see it this way. honestly, i cannot see the overacting and logic would certainly suggest it was not overacting since he sat out a playoff game. 

now, if he played last night and was fine.. maybe you'd have a point. as it is... with all due respect, your point is completely invalid here. 

i realize we're not gonna change each other's minds, but i gotta say, i'm surprised you see it this way. honestly, i cannot see the overacting and logic would certainly suggest it was not overacting since he sat out a playoff game.

now, if he played last night and was fine.. maybe you'd have a point. as it is... with all due respect, your point is completely invalid here.

Invalid? So a player never strained a muscle overarching his back? Or hurt his neck hitting the ice? Watch the video of the hit, and find a valid reason for his head to snap back after it is no longer in contact with MacDonald's back. Was it a reflex reaction? Or embellishment. When the Pens do it its always embellishment. But when Mason does it...

http://twitpic.com/e0zte1/full

I argue that anyone ignoring the extra head snap instantly makes their own point invalid. A lot if Flyers fans see it, why don't you? Megna is still to blame for Mason's injury, as he caused the events. I just don't think the intent to injure is there, and feel Mason added a little oomph to the damage is all.

Edited by Polaris922

Invalid? So a player never strained a muscle overarching his back? Or hurt his neck hitting the ice? Watch the video of the hit, and find a valid reason for his head to snap back after it is no longer in contact with MacDonald's back. Was it a reflex reaction? Or embellishment. When the Pens do it its always embellishment. But when Mason does it...

http://twitpic.com/e0zte1/full

I argue that anyone ignoring the extra head snap instantly makes their own point invalid. A lot if Flyers fans see it, why don't you? Megna is still to blame for Mason's injury, as he caused the events. I just don't think the intent to injure is there, and feel Mason added a little oomph to the damage is all.

you are, what i like to call, wrong. that twitpic shows that he clearly did not snap his head back. in fact, it shows exactly what happened. megna made an extra shove on our defender to push him into our goalie. switch it around and place hartnell in place of megna. now you see it? 

i think it's quite amazing that you choose to ignore the stone cold fact(see what i did there?) that mason remained out for a playoff game and nearly a week later is *still* doubtful for sunday's game. 

seriously man... i think of you as a decent poster here, but this is really stretching any sort of credibility by claiming Mason embellished anything here. this goes beyond team loyalty, i mean, we're just not even in the same reality here. 

now, i suppose we need some independent analysis of this clip. i am willing to wager $$$ that most hockey fans without a horse in this race would agree that there is NO embellishment here. 

• Like 2

you are, what i like to call, wrong. that twitpic shows that he clearly did not snap his head back. in fact, it shows exactly what happened. megna made an extra shove on our defender to push him into our goalie. switch it around and place hartnell in place of megna. now you see it?

i think it's quite amazing that you choose to ignore the stone cold fact(see what i did there?) that mason remained out for a playoff game and nearly a week later is *still* doubtful for sunday's game.

seriously man... i think of you as a decent poster here, but this is really stretching any sort of credibility by claiming Mason embellished anything here. this goes beyond team loyalty, i mean, we're just not even in the same reality here.

now, i suppose we need some independent analysis of this clip. i am willing to wager $$$ that most hockey fans without a horse in this race would agree that there is NO embellishment here.

It's there you're just choosing not to see it. I dunno what hurt him. None of us do. Contact with MacDonald due to Megna's push? Impact on the ice? Doesn't matter as I said Megna is the one that caused it. But ignoring the bogus head snap is more homer than I am on this one. I call my boys out when they do it, I'm calling yours too.

@murraycraven

It's ok to support Mason. It's okay to blame Megna. But I'm not the only one who sees the extra lunge made there. It is what it is. Megna's fault, but Mason gave a little extra.

It's there you're just choosing not to see it. I dunno what hurt him. None of us do. Contact with MacDonald due to Megna's push? Impact on the ice? Doesn't matter as I said Megna is the one that caused it. But ignoring the bogus head snap is more homer than I am on this one. I call my boys out when they do it, I'm calling yours too.

@murraycraven

It's ok to support Mason. It's okay to blame Megna. But I'm not the only one who sees the extra lunge made there. It is what it is. Megna's fault, but Mason gave a little extra.

ok Polaris... this is one strike in your delusional 3 strikes ignore box though. he was tracking the puck, you snap back when you're hit by surprise... it's called 'reaction'. and his was NOT 'overreaction'. Calling it 'overreaction' resides in the conjecture realm.

For overreaction, just watch any of the slew of Crosby's. I highly recommend his sliding halfway into his own zone after a face-off NON contact. I'm sure you know which clip this is. That would be the best reference for 'overreaction' I think we could possibly find from an NHL player. 

ok Polaris... this is one strike in your delusional 3 strikes ignore box though. he was tracking the puck, you snap back when you're hit by surprise... it's called 'reaction'. and his was NOT 'overreaction'. Calling it 'overreaction' resides in the conjecture realm.

For overreaction, just watch any of the slew of Crosby's. I highly recommend his sliding halfway into his own zone after a face-off NON contact. I'm sure you know which clip this is. That would be the best reference for 'overreaction' I think we could possibly find from an NHL player.

Three strikes ignore box? Over a difference of opinion?

Let me educate you about something. I've agreed and criticized when I've seen my own players embellish, no matter my love for my team. I'll be damned if my opinion someone else did it is going to change over some petty keyboard threat of being ignored. If you're the kind of guy who blocks people for disagreeing and debating a point without being rude or nasty about it, then go right ahead.

Mason embellished. End of discussion.

he wasn't faking you DICK.

end of discussion.

Oh you said without being rude or nasty. Sorry my mistake. Carry on.

LOL just messing around Pol no offense - both you guys are cracking me up on this one.

he wasn't faking you DICK.

end of discussion.

Oh you said without being rude or nasty. Sorry my mistake. Carry on.

LOL just messing around Pol no offense - both you guys are cracking me up on this one.

Aww come on you meant that! Lol

I never said faking...

Main Entry: em·bel·lish

Pronunciation: \im-ˈbe-lish\

Function: transitive verb

Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French embeliss-, stem of embelir, from en- + bel beautiful — more at beauty

Date: 14th century

1 : to make beautiful with ornamentation : decorate <a book embellished with illustrations> 2 : to heighten the attractiveness of by adding decorative or fanciful details : enhance <embellished our account of the trip>

synonyms See Synonym Discussion at adorn

— em·bel·lish·er noun

Aww come on you meant that! Lol

I never said faking...

Main Entry: em·bel·lish

Pronunciation: \im-ˈbe-lish\

Function: transitive verb

Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French embeliss-, stem of embelir, from en- + bel beautiful — more at beauty

Date: 14th century

1 : to make beautiful with ornamentation : decorate <a book embellished with illustrations> 2 : to heighten the attractiveness of by adding decorative or fanciful details : enhance <embellished our account of the trip>

synonyms See Synonym Discussion at adorn

— em·bel·lish·er noun

come on man. i was kidding about blocking. i meant that very me•ta•for•ically 

how many playoff games does he have to sit out before you can admit that your story is ludicrous? 

come on man. i was kidding about blocking. i meant that very me•ta•for•ically 

how many playoff games does he have to sit out before you can admit that your story is ludicrous? 

I'll say it again.. I DO think he got injured on the play.  I'm not saying he's faking an injury.  I never said that at all.  I just think he added a little embellishment on the play to ensure he got the call.  I can find no other explanation for the head snap well after the contact from MacDonald.  Megna is to blame for the hit.  I've said as much all along.  I just don't think there was an intent to injure, and I don't think it was quite the impact it looked like at full speed.  In fact, in slow motion it is quite clearly not.  You may not see the late head snap as he's falling down, but enough other fans did to assure me I'm not seeing things.  ;)