Hayes signs with Rangers

flyercanuck

@flyercanuck

@DaGreatGazoo

Interesting. I would have placed the Rags  3rd on the dance card, behind CGY and BOS. Maybe it was the bright lights and big city of the Big Apple that attracted Hayes. Or maybe it was the Kreider connection. 

I don't think the Rags will let Moore walk, but I don't know enough about their situation to say for sure.  Strictly on paper, it seems like a tight fit money-wise.

Also, since Hayes was a UFA, is he bound by entry-level contract rules(wouldn't think so).  If not, that could further squeeze their cap dollars.

since Hayes was a UFA, is he bound by entry-level contract rules(wouldn't think so). 

I'm certainly no authority on the CBA, but I think the key in all of this is not that he was UFA (as it is, a special kind of one), but rather that he is under 25 years of age at the time of signing his first NHL contract. So I think it has to be a standard ELC with the usual limitations etc

But like I said, I'm no authority on this stuff. Now, sheep and tequila, that's a different matter....