Breaking down the 36 forwards at Flyers TC

jammer2

Travis Hughes writes an article breaking down the 36 forwards due to compete at the Flyers main camp in Mid Septemeber. Some new info here, Travis does a nice research job, as per usual. A good read....

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2014/9/10/6108027/philadelphia-flyers-training-camp-forwards-analysis

Never heard of this invite, but 5th in QMJHL scoring makes me take notice. This reminds me a bit of the Flyers signing of Luke Pither. A prolific junior scorer who is worth a look. Both these guys got passed over in the NHL entry draft...

Louick Marcotte: Another QMJHL guy in Flyers camp as an invitee, Marcotte is entering his final junior season. He was passed over in the draft, but with Val-d'Or last season, he was the league's fifth-leading scorer, putting up 100 points in 67 games. That's certainly good enough for a camp invite. Let's see what he can do.

If you click on the link, a nice write up on Aube-Kubel in this story.

@jammer2

Thanks jammer.

Never thought pithers game would translate to the NHL...he's got the skill but plays way too soft.

Really like what I've heard about Aube-Kabul, I've seen his name on more than one potential steal of the draft lists. He should be The Man on Val D'or now that the entire top line is gone.

As for Marcotte, now we get to see it was all him that made Anthony Mantha.  :thumbsu:

@flyercanuck  Ahhh, that accounts for some of the sick numbers Marcotte posted, he was on a line with Mantha. Apparently, the scouts think it was Mantha who made him, just based on not being drafted with 100 pts in his back pocket.  I love the Flyers strategy here, if a player is in a CHL leagues top  10 scorers and goes undrafted, there is a good chance the Flyers will come calling. Sure, throw spaghetti at the wall and see if it sticks kinda scouting...very smart IMHO. That is exactly how they found Akeson. Can't hurt to invite, low risk...actually no risk and everything to gain.

Archived