Prospect update 2014-2015

brelic

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stolarz has had himself a nice start to the season

3-1-0 1.52GAA .931SA%

Cousins, Leier and Straka have also started off good.

Now Labarbera is headed back they'll screw it up and put him in and return Stolarz to the bench...then Labarbera can get back to giving up 4 goals a game!

Ottawa 67's, without Konecny in lineup, fall short in Sault Ste. Marie

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/local-sports/ottawa-67s-without-konecny-in-lineup-fall-short-in-sault-ste-marie

The Ottawa 67’s, minus their team captain, dropped their second straight on a northern road trip on Friday night.

Flyers have recalled Chris Conner from Phantoms

NOV 1
10:50 p.m. PT

FLYERS RECALL CHRIS CONNER

Flyers GM Ron Hextall announced today that the club has recalled forward Chris Conner from their AHL affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Conner will wear sweater No. 34 with the Flyers.

This is Conner’s first recall of the season. He is currently tied for the Phantoms lead in goals (4) and ranks second on the team with eight points in eight games. He also leads the squad in plus-minus with a plus-6 rating.

The Flyers signed Conner to a two-year, two-way contract on July 1 at the start of free agency and appeared in one preseason game during training camp, going scoreless.

He spent last season with the Hershey Bears where he posted 19 goals and 33 assists for 52 points in 61 games. He has 180 career games of NHL experience over parts of nine seasons with the Dallas Stars, Pittsburgh Penguins, Detroit Red Wings, Phoenix Coyotes and Capitals where he has posted 22 goals and 28 assists for 50 points.

The Flyers are in the midst of their five-game, nine-day road trip and take on the Canucks in Vancouver on Monday night (10 p.m. ET, TCN & 93.3 WMMR).

@OccamsRazor  Not much upside there, but a nice reward for a player on the fringe, gives others hope as well that strong play will get them a recall also, very smart of Hexy.

Yes i think it would be Cousins if he wasn't hurt. Myself i would have like to seen a LW like Straka recalled instead of the meh Connor.

Good numbers for Petr Straka LW 8gp 4gls 1ast 5pts +5----------WTF not reward the "kids" not the old guy...damn this club sometimes!

Good numbers for Petr Straka LW 8gp 4gls 1ast 5pts +5----------WTF not reward the "kids" not the old guy...damn this club sometimes!

Yes, but there has to be a reason he was placed in the ECHL last year, no?

@jammer2

David Strehle ‏@DStrehleTFP  37m37 minutes ago
With Conner's salary of $575k, fits just under ceiling in #Flyers tight cap structure.

Ok this explains why Conner is being recalled instead of Straka...cap space 575K versus Straka's 925K...make sense now i guess...just waive Manning and be done with it damn!

Yes, but there has to be a reason he was placed in the ECHL last year, no?

I don't care about last year nothing Murray did made sense eff him he is the clown that iced 3 goons on the same night what a f**king moron!

@OccamsRazor   True enough bro.....true enough, you can't tell me a scorer like Straka would not be an improvement over at least one of those goons.

I feel a little better knowing it's a cap reason not a they don't want to give a kid a look reason. Straka is on the last year of his ELC and i want to know eventually where he stands in his development so i hope he gets a look sometime maybe later in the year.

Alt as well is in his last year it's time to be getting a look at these kids. If not now then when damn.

@OccamsRazor   I would love to see a stat on where the Flyers land at developing players and releasing them after years of investment. It's the nature of the beast, but I bet it happens here more than other places. Gustafsson just got his first Hawks pt the other night btw....

Archived