Prospect update 2014-2015

brelic

Rimouski won 6-5 in a shootout yesterday, and Morin got 1 assist, was -2, had 3 hits, and 2 PIM.

He has 3 points in 4 games this year.

Val-d'Or beat up on Cape Breton 5-2. Aube-Kubel had an assist, +1, 2 PIMs, and 2 hits. 

AK (he should steal MacDonald's #47) has 9 points (4g, 5a) in 7 games so far.

The Calgary Hitmen lost 3-2 last night, and neither Sanheim nor Fazleev registered a point. Sanheim was -1 with no SOG, while Fazleev was even and had 3 SOG.

Sanheim has 6 points in 6 games this year after putting up 29 points in 63 games last year. Through 6 games, he already has 3 goals compared to 5 goals all of last season.

Fazleev for his part seems to be off to a slow start, posting only a single point (assist) through 6 games. Last season he put up 25 points in 38 games.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@brelic

Thanks for the update.  Is there somehow we can make this a sticky post to remain at the top.  It would be a nice reference to track our prospects through the course of the season.  It would be nice to have 1 thread instead of the multiple threads that could be potentially started.

Looks like Sanheim is off to a very good start.

@brelic

Thanks for the update.  Is there somehow we can make this a sticky post to remain at the top.  It would be a nice reference to track our prospects through the course of the season.  It would be nice to have 1 thread instead of the multiple threads that could be potentially started.

Done. Great idea :)

Lovely. See? I told you: staying down was the best way to keep our kids safe!

Yes he needs to learn to block a junior shot first with his jaw before he is ready for an heavy NHL shot to jaw....................baby steps!!!

Yes he needs to learn to block a junior shot first with his jaw before he is ready for an heavy NHL shot to jaw....................baby steps!!!

Yeah, because a juniors shot broken jaw is significantly different than an NHL shot broken jaw. :-)

Sanheim might end up being the best blueline prospect in our system.

That would be fine by me. Morin will make a hell of a #2 i say. For guy who is suppose to be a stay at home type Dman he skates damn well....i'd take 6 of them right now on the Flyers blueline.

I look at the Flyers defensive prospects and they remind me so much of what Dallas had at one point with their top four:

Morin - a more mobile, maybe even meaner, version of Derian Hatcher

Sanheim - a Darryl Sydor type of defender

Gostisbehere - Zubov 2.0

Hagg - a less physical version of Richard Matvichuk, but much better hockey sense

That should be a legitimate top four group in five years, with at least two of the guys reaching top pairing status in two years (probably Morin/Gostisbehere). 

Sanheim potted a few goals and an assist over the weekend, and has 11 points in 10 games. 

That includes 6 goals, which already gives him more than he had all of last season (5 goals in 67 games).

Book it, this kid will be the best defenseman out of our recent picks.

Sanheim potted a few goals and an assist over the weekend, and has 11 points in 10 games. 

That includes 6 goals, which already gives him more than he had all of last season (5 goals in 67 games).

Book it, this kid will be the best defenseman out of our recent picks.

Sanheim actually had 2g 1 a yesterday. He scored a g Friday too.He's one point out of being his teams leading scorer....as a defenceman! 

I've mentioned this guy in another thread but want to mention him in this thread...

Oskar Lindblom (138th overall, 2014 Draft). Love this kid, I think he will turn out to be a steel in the 5th round. He doesn't project as a elite scorer and is not considered flashy, but I like his strong two-way game and he is hard to play against.

The one thing about his relatively modest career stats that stands out to me is his international play, where he is a better than PPG player against his peers in other countries. 

He's got 1 goal and is +1 through 5 games in the Swedish Elite League this year, which is a very good but low-scoring league.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=86181

Scott Laughton was named AHL player of the week with back to back 2 goal games, including two on the pp and one shorty. 

I noticed he had a game where he didn't score at all...maybe we should cut ties with him while he's still worth something?

Scott Laughton was named AHL player of the week with back to back 2 goal games, including two on the pp and one shorty. 

I noticed he had a game where he didn't score at all...maybe we should cut ties with him while he's still worth something?

Woohoo! He's better than Drouin, who was *not* named AHL player of the week :)

Really looking forward to seeing Laughton with the O&B.

Archived