Why so quiet here?

Yorick

I'm warmly happy with their play as of late, actually, for the year so far.  PP is good, PK is coming along, team is geling together.  The only TRUELY bad game that they've had so far was the Flyers game.  I'm liking most of the new guys, sans Downie's penalties.

@Yorick

I agree!

2 points for the Wings against a depleted Kings team makes me feel the same.

I would rather win against a depleted team than lose a fun spirited game against someone any day of the week.

After the injuries that the Pens and the WIngs have sustained the past two seasons, I have no qualms about accepting two points from depleted teams.  Its how hockey goes, next man up and all those cliches.

No this. No that. So what? That's their problems. Two points are two precious points. We are the first in the Metropolitan Division. Booyakasha!

Oh I agree - especially after the last 3 seasons we had.  But a little perspective is in order for me.  ;)

Their ship will be righted in 2-3 years. The Amerks are killing in the AHL.

The problem is the Amerks are made up mostly of a bunch of retreads and veterans NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY FOR THE SABRES. Very quality prospects, Grigorenko, maybe Varone and Ruhwedel. Other than that, a bunch of Zigomanis, Akim Aliu, Luke Adam, Matt Ellis, Drew Bagnall and Zach Dalpe types. Usually he teams with the best AHL records are teamsof this type, not ready for prime timers who are career AHLers giving the sense of false hope to an organization.

Usually he teams with the best AHL records are teamsof this type, not ready for prime timers who are career AHLers giving the sense of false hope to an organization.

Point well taken, yet I think the Sabres ship will be righted in 2-3 years Juniors / Amerks. They just need to get the management situation sorted imo.

Lord knows they have enough high draft picks to help out. Kind of like my Pens at one time...

I guess the question is if Bettman is going to throw some balls their way (ala Pitts). :-)

(sorry, I could not resist).

I guess the question is if Bettman is going to throw some balls their way (ala Pitts). :-)

(sorry, I could not resist).

It's ok! We both know the Pens had the worst odds to win the #1 pick in draft lottery history. But I understand your jealousy ;)

We both know the Pens had the worst odds to win the #1 pick in draft lottery history.

You are joking, right?? 1 in 4 chance and struck gold not once, but twice. I guess Bettman is giving you a humer too.

You are joking, right?? 1 in 4 chance and struck gold not once, but twice. I guess Bettman is giving you a humer too.

Twice? The only lottery we ever won was Crosby... Where despite being in last place the last played season, all 30 teams were entered into the lottery, reducing the Pens chance of getting the number one puck down to 6% (3 balls in 48), as opposed to the normal 25% chance afforded the last place team. So yes, lowest chance to win in history. ;)

Twice? The only lottery we ever won was Crosby...

I forget how it went for the B&G. But Crosby 1st overall, Malkin 2nd overall, Flaky fleury 1st overall.

Just a little too much for me. But I guess I can't make too much vinegar about it since Edmonton has had 4x the amount of draft chances as Pitts did and squandered mostly all. Maybe Bettman can infuse some cash to Edmonton like he did with Pitts to sustain them until Edmonton can figure out the right picks.

Crosby - statistically worst chance to win the lottery in lottery history

Yeah, and that is the one that sticks in the craw of most of us none pen fans.

It just a bit hard to swallow Crosby, Malkin, Fleury. Jealousy, perhaps.

@Vanflyer

NONE of Edmontons drafts had a player of Crosby or malkins pedigree in it. None. That in itself is the big reason they still suck, Picture Edmonton with two Crosbys and two malkins. 

Picking Fleury first overall in the best draft ever wasn't the greatest of picks.

NONE of Edmontons drafts had a player of Crosby or malkins pedigree in it. None. That in itself is the big reason they still suck, Picture Edmonton with two Crosbys and two malkins.

Picking Fleury first overall in the best draft ever wasn't the greatest of picks.

Agreed on all points. While Fleury (aka Flaky) is not the best, he did help them win a cup. Crosby was a no-show v. Detroit (ala Lindros).

Archived