McDavid breaks hand in fight

flyercanuck

What I hate about all of this is that it's sparked the "does fighting belong?" debate. Just because a star gets hurt in a fight he agreed to fighting in, why should that change anything? Where was this debate when Ray Emery dummied Brayden Holtby? That's a bad fight. But because "Future Crosby" gets hurt, no one can fight anymore.

Ok, where was his teammates here? I get he wants to be The Man (and he's already proving that).

I don't know FC. to me its a sign that he does not have anything else to prove. 3 ppg thus far in. Folks are going to run him because he is "big man on campus". I laud that he fought. To me, its a "bring it on mfo". Its just unfortunate that he broke his hand. I get the whole protection theory stuff, but I respect a guy that will stick up for himself as well.

I don't know FC. to me its a sign that he does not have anything else to prove. 3 ppg thus far in. Folks are going to run him because he is "big man on campus". I laud that he fought. To me, its a "bring it on mfo". Its just unfortunate that he broke his hand. I get the whole protection theory stuff, but I respect a guy that will stick up for himself as well.

I respect that he'll fight for himself. But when he's that valuable to his team, someone else should have his back. 

It's a crying shame. He was on pace to surpass Bobby Smith's all time best point total for a single OHL season.....192 pts. Of  course, he would have fell short because of the 3 weeks that will be dedicated to World Jr's in Dec.....but damn, just to be on pace to eclipse that mark, amazing. Never thought I'd even see somebody on pace to break that thing.

Speaking of World Jr's, wow how much fun is it gonna be to watch this 17 year old dominate this tourny?   This will be his watershed moment, the one thing that could somehow add even more media frenzy. Just *how* much he dominates this tourny will inevitably give him one of his biggest grades as a prospect. Of course, the focus should be on the teams, but I don't think anyone will be ignoring the fact the Mr.MrDavid plays Mr.Ichel on the annual Canada vs USA New Year's Eve Game.....all lot depends on how the tourny shakes out, but DAMN, if those two teams were somehow undefeated going into this tilt, it would be MONUMENTAL!!

What I hate about all of this is that it's sparked the "does fighting belong?" debate. Just because a star gets hurt in a fight he agreed to fighting in, why should that change anything? Where was this debate when Ray Emery dummied Brayden Holtby? That's a bad fight. But because "Future Crosby" gets hurt, no one can fight anymore.

I think the debate only really comes from people who aren't all that big a hockey fans to begin with. Not many people in the game or who are fans of it want to get rid of fighting. There's already less and less fighting each year.

Archived