Who's on board...

Podein25

@Mad Dog

I'm only partly serious about "tanking." I actually think premeditated tanking, where players deliberately set out to play lousy/stop trying, is practically impossible. Pride gets in the way etc

But I am more serious about management not bothering to try and improve the team through trades or whatever. Let them continue to suck and continue to fall down the standings. Trying to stop that through band-aid moves will likely only risk future success by trading young talent or picks away. Screw that. 

We had 20 points last year at this point - this year we have 19.

Unless we repeat the magical run we had last year, the Flyers will probably end up in the bottom 8-10 teams.

I hope we do finish in the bottom 5 to get better players here. We need it badly with how they have no room in the cap to do anything major. I don't see the team improving any time soon and do hope I am wrong.

@Mad Dog

But I am more serious about management not bothering to try and improve the team through trades or whatever. Let them continue to suck and continue to fall down the standings. Trying to stop that through band-aid moves will likely only risk future success by trading young talent or picks away. Screw that.

I agree, tired of the retooling by trading young assets or draft picks for so so players and signing has been over the hill players to long term contracts. Until Umberger, MacDonald, Streit and VLC is off the books, Hextall will have to rebuild thru the draft and keep developing the young dmans we have drafted.

I really really hope that Hextall trades MacDonald and then buys out either Vinny or Umberger. I doubt they would buy out both - too much dead cap space.

Then we'd only be left with one bad contract for a few years. It's manageable.

Honestly, just getting rid of those two players I think would actually increase the product on the ice - which is kind of anti-tank move :)

I thought the thread title was "Who is bored?" I was all set to raise my hand. I'm on board but I actually like MacDonald. I'd move him in the right deal though (like if the Oilers gave us their first rounder).

But I am more serious about management not bothering to try and improve the team through trades or whatever

I agree kind of.....that is why i'm suggesting trade the guys we want out for picks not players/salaries in return....to the can remove cap space and build for the future...they the chips fall where they may so to speak with the season.

I agree kind of.....that is why i'm suggesting trade the guys we want out for picks not players/salaries in return....to the can remove cap space and build for the future...they the chips fall where they may so to speak with the season.

Yeah totally agree.

Yeah totally agree.

Damn after reading your response and then glancing at my initial post.............you can tell i've been drinking turkey all day and frying bourbon!!!! :confused[1]: 

Sourmash- cream ale bourbon vodka double malt ale whiskey tequila....................................all day!

Damn after reading your response and then glancing at my initial post.............you can tell i've been drinking turkey all day and frying bourbon!!!! :confused[1]:

Sourmash- cream ale bourbon vodka double malt ale whiskey tequila....................................all day!

Ha ha, then I'd say a few typos are the least of your concerns. Enjoy the hangover!

That wasn't tanking, they flat out sucked then and now. At least now they are not that horrible and won't finish last. If they finish where they are now in the standings then they have a shot at the top 5 pick to get a good player.

Right. They were the worst team, and didn't pick first. Putting your team in that position doesn't mean you'll get who you want. Might as well try to win, and let things fall where they may.

Archived