[Game #26] Flyers @ Kings

brelic

Luke Schenn and VLC are healthy scratches. Del Zotto back in the lineup.

They need to get rid of a defenseman or two. And use the boys on the farm (Manning, Alt) in the event of injuries.

This was my complaint earlier in the season when Ghost was healthy.  Hextall doesn't want callups from the AHL this season for some reason.  And that reason seems to be making sure the Phantoms have a successful first season to build a fanbase in Allentown.  Things though might have changed once Ghost went down.  Other than to have 4 pair of d-men for practice it really doesn't make a ton of sense not to trade one for some sort of asset moving forward.  

Management probably still thinks this team can be a contender to make the playoffs, thus they will hold off from making any trades for now. 

They need to get rid of a defenseman or two

Yes just move one or two of the guys and for just picks or something and lets give the kids some minutes this team isn't going any where anyways and they can't be worse.

Yes just move one or two of the guys and for just picks or something and lets give the kids some minutes this team isn't going any where anyways and they can't be worse.

As long as they move and not scratch, and only bring up 5/6 defenseman candidates, I agree.

@doom88

@OccamsRazor

@hf101

Yeah, we have two healthy defensemen scratched on any given night. I know injuries can come up at any time, but I think they could move at least one of our NHL defensemen. I'd keep Colaiacovo as 7th, and move one of the other guys.

Yes I agree keep CC and play spin the bottle on who to move off the blueline there are several turds to choose from take best offer and just move a few I want to see the younger guys play some...the guys they have now are tapped out I think, what you see is what yoj get with them.

Its Mcdavid time with this bunch...

And that reason seems to be making sure the Phantoms have a successful first season to build a fanbase in Allentown.

There is, of course, still no evidence for this whatsoever.

They've called up players when needed and Laughton has played his way into the lineup.

Exactly what Hextall said he wanted to see.

Oh, and the Phantoms are 13th in the AHL Easteen Conference...

They've called up players when needed and Laughton has played his way into the lineup.

I'm really liking Laughton centering Simmonds and Schenn....I'd like to see them play together and really develop some chemistry, this line could be good for years, let's hope it works out that way.  

Archived