Lecavalier Squelches Retirement Rumors

radoran

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings:

This is bizarre but I wonder if an expansion draft could liberate us?  I don't know if NMC impact expansion draft availability.  Maybe some GM would want him around for a few years as mentor... 

We could put McD out there too....let's start praying there is expansion without relocation......

Howie

I can't blame him even if it is just about the money.  that's a lot of money for anyone.

Even so, I tend to agree with the idea that in all fairness, he SHOULD be better.  I don't know if I feel comfortable putting this all on him.  a 34 year old guy in pretty good shape (he's healthy, he's not overweight or out of shape) who has the skills he's had throughout his career shouldn't be doing this poorly.

I think there are a LOT of facets to this.  Vinny's lack of desire or just being too old really doesn't make sense as being one of them. 

It's an enigma really.

Insists it's not about the money.

Greetings:

This is bizarre but I wonder if an expansion draft could liberate us?  I don't know if NMC impact expansion draft availability.  Maybe some GM would want him around for a few years as mentor... 

We could put McD out there too....let's start praying there is expansion without relocation......

Howie

The problem is that players with no movement clauses and no trade clauses have to be protected. The only way they aren't protected is if they're willing to waive. Vinny has this franchise by the short and curlies.

Do we have any confirmations as to the actual reason-s he's not practicing with the others, yet??  I will hold off blasting his character until we know, but boy, it sure doesn't look good...

Vinny has always seemed to be a class act and I really have not heard any complaints from him aside from answering questions.   It all remains to be seen but as much as I want him gone I have yet to hear that he is being beligerent.   If he is not practicing b/c he is upset that is a different story but there seems to be a lot of confusion if he is or isnt practicing and why....

The problem is that players with no movement clauses and no trade clauses have to be protected. The only way they aren't protected is if they're willing to waive. Vinny has this franchise by the short and curlies.

Clarkie: 

Thanks for the clarification; much obliged.  Were I in VLC's shoes, I might want to reboot elsewhere. His stay in Philly is becoming a mutual embarrassment. 

Peace,

Howie

I can't blame him even if it is just about the money.  that's a lot of money for anyone.

Even so, I tend to agree with the idea that in all fairness, he SHOULD be better.  I don't know if I feel comfortable putting this all on him.  a 34 year old guy in pretty good shape (he's healthy, he's not overweight or out of shape) who has the skills he's had throughout his career shouldn't be doing this poorly.

I think there are a LOT of facets to this.  Vinny's lack of desire or just being too old really doesn't make sense as being one of them. 

It's an enigma really.

That's actually very true.   Now, take your words of wisdom elsewhere so I can get back to the hate.

Clarkie: 

Thanks for the clarification; much obliged.  Were I in VLC's shoes, I might want to reboot elsewhere. His stay in Philly is becoming a mutual embarrassment. 

Peace,

Howie

I just wish he would retire. He's embarrassing himself now and has become nothing more than a sideshow spectacle. It's too bad because at one time, Vinny was an all world player. But the injuries have taken such a toll on him that it's sad to see him out there struggling and to see his skill has basically been sapped up. It's time to call it a career and enjoy time with the hot wife.

Archived