Do you think Tyler Seguin will win the Rocket Richard trophy

JagerMeister

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Tyler Seguin will win the Rocket Richard trophy

I absolutely think he has a chance, one heck of a player playing huge minutes on a team that shoots first, asks questions about defense later. Taresenko and two or three others might have something to say out it by seasons end, including that Sid kid in Pittsburgh but Seguin is really coming into his own.

I think it turns into a two man race with Seguin and Tarasenko leading the way. Don't count out Stamkos though, he's a more proven natural goal scorer than the other two....although I think Tarasenko's release is every bit as good as Stammers.

I absolutely think he has a chance, one heck of a player playing huge minutes on a team that shoots first, asks questions about defense later. Taresenko and two or three others might have something to say out it by seasons end, including that Sid kid in Pittsburgh but Seguin is really coming into his own.

For the Rocket? Crosby has 2 goals in the last 20 games and sits on 9 goals for the season. I think you can safely say he is not a candidate for the Rocket. Art Ross absolutely. Just not the goal scoring title.

Given his offensive freedom(What's defense?) compared to Tarasenko's, I'd give Seguin the likely nod.

I think it turns into a two man race with Seguin and Tarasenko leading the way. Don't count out Stamkos though, he's a more proven natural goal scorer than the other two....although I think Tarasenko's release is every bit as good as Stammers.

How about Nash? and never count Ovi out, he could always go on a hot streak

I voted NO, on Seguin actually winning the Rocket Richard...not saying he can't win it, because he certainly has a shot at it the way he is going.....but I still think the league has quite a few tried and true goal scorers like Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin for example, who have yet to really hit their stride in lighting the lamp this year.

Those three, as far as actual scoring have been 'lethargic' by their own standards, but I have to believe that at some point, one of those three, or ALL three, will get red hot, and there won't be a defense in the league that can stop them, but only hope to slow them down.

Obviously, that may or may not happen, and Seguin could very well prove when all is said and done, that what we are seeing from him now is just the start of the type of player he will be the rest of his career.

Thing is, he actually has to do it, and obviously, he hasn't scored the way he has till this year and still currently going strong.

I am thinking, at some point, if the Dallas Stars really want to make the post season, they are going to have to play better defense, and that might entail asking ALL players on the team to play a bit tighter, would could mean a guy like Seguin could see his actual goal numbers taper back a bit.

He may still get goals, just not at the rate as he is now, as right now, Dallas is all offense and defense is something they do only if they feel they have time for it..... :huh:

If Seguin existed in a vacuum, or in a league with good but not elite players, or a bunch of has-been scorers who can't do things the way they used to, then I would say, sure, Tyler Seguin has that Rocket Richard, lock, stock n barrel.

But while Steve Stamkos, Sidney Crosby, and Alex Ovechkin are healthy and roaming the NHL, NO Rocket Richard is a lock for any other players.

And looking beyond those three, there are some other players who could waltz themselves into the Rocket conversation....Malkin, Kessel, maybe even a Voracek or Giroux.

Yea, yea, Seguin  has a pretty damned big lead on the 'big three' for pure goals, but like I said, I expect one or all of those three to really turn it up at some point, and Seguin may very well either slow up a bit, or be forced to slow up for the good of a better overall team defense for the Stars.

He's got a very good shot at the Rocket...just not sold he can win it just yet.

I voted NO, on Seguin actually winning the Rocket Richard...not saying he can't win it, because he certainly has a shot at it the way he is going.....but I still think the league has quite a few tried and true goal scorers like Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin for example, who have yet to really hit their stride in lighting the lamp this year.

Those three, as far as actual scoring have been 'lethargic' by their own standards, but I have to believe that at some point, one of those three, or ALL three, will get red hot, and there won't be a defense in the league that can stop them, but only hope to slow them down.

Obviously, that may or may not happen, and Seguin could very well prove when all is said and done, that what we are seeing from him now is just the start of the type of player he will be the rest of his career.

Thing is, he actually has to do it, and obviously, he hasn't scored the way he has till this year and still currently going strong.

I am thinking, at some point, if the Dallas Stars really want to make the post season, they are going to have to play better defense, and that might entail asking ALL players on the team to play a bit tighter, would could mean a guy like Seguin could see his actual goal numbers taper back a bit.

He may still get goals, just not at the rate as he is now, as right now, Dallas is all offense and defense is something they do only if they feel they have time for it..... :huh:

If Seguin existed in a vacuum, or in a league with good but not elite players, or a bunch of has-been scorers who can't do things the way they used to, then I would say, sure, Tyler Seguin has that Rocket Richard, lock, stock n barrel.

But while Steve Stamkos, Sidney Crosby, and Alex Ovechkin are healthy and roaming the NHL, NO Rocket Richard is a lock for any other players.

And looking beyond those three, there are some other players who could waltz themselves into the Rocket conversation....Malkin, Kessel, maybe even a Voracek or Giroux.

Yea, yea, Seguin  has a pretty damned big lead on the 'big three' for pure goals, but like I said, I expect one or all of those three to really turn it up at some point, and Seguin may very well either slow up a bit, or be forced to slow up for the good of a better overall team defense for the Stars.

He's got a very good shot at the Rocket...just not sold he can win it just yet.

Nash, why does everyone forget nash, and i would say malkin has a better chance at getting the rocket richard then crosby

@JagerMeister   Nash is certainly in the mix. He's always had respectable stats, but he seems to be exploding this year. It's weird, everyone knew he always had tremendous skill and skating etc, but why did he wait so long to finally put it all together?  I suspect the players around him are at the best they have ever been.

Nash, why does everyone forget nash, and i would say malkin has a better chance at getting the rocket richard then crosby

Its not that I am 'forgetting' Nash...he certainly can stake a claim to the Rocket...in fact, there are several others as well....Patrick Sharp, Corey Perry (though I know those two have had some IR time), and you can throw in guys like Max Pacioretty, and maybe even a Getzlaf or a Pavelski.

My choices of Stammer, Sid, and Ovie were simply the ones that popped into mind right away, have the proven, consistent track record, and are guys that can literally carry a team if they get hot all of a sudden.

If this season is the real deal for Seguin, perhaps by this time next year his name can be dropped right along with those three.

Its not that I am 'forgetting' Nash...he certainly can stake a claim to the Rocket...in fact, there are several others as well....Patrick Sharp, Corey Perry (though I know those two have had some IR time), and you can throw in guys like Max Pacioretty, and maybe even a Getzlaf or a Pavelski.

My choices of Stammer, Sid, and Ovie were simply the ones that popped into mind right away, have the proven, consistent track record, and are guys that can literally carry a team if they get hot all of a sudden.

If this season is the real deal for Seguin, perhaps by this time next year his name can be dropped right along with those three.

I think seguin would need a couple more seasons like this one before he could be put along with those 3

@JagerMeister Nash is certainly in the mix. He's always had respectable stats, but he seems to be exploding this year. It's weird, everyone knew he always had tremendous skill and skating etc, but why did he wait so long to finally put it all together? I suspect the players around him are at the best they have ever been.

it is unusual. If he keeps his pace up I think it would be his best season

Archived