Tyler Seguin vs Taylor Hall

JagerMeister

@JagerMeister

Both great players. Seguin plays C so if there was a nod to one or the other that might sway it. Pretty close though.

Yes Seguin is C and people usually take the C over the wing. However, up until this season, Taylor Hall has always been the better player. Neither are anything special when it comes to defense although the edge for defense would go to seguin. But Taylor Hall is clearly the better offensive player, If you look at stats

Hall

GP     G     A        P

286   106  151    254

0.36   0.41    0.89

Best season:

75  27  53  80  1.07 ppg 

Top ten finishes

2x 8th in assists

9th and 6th in points

7th and 5th in ppg

0x top ten in goals

Seguin

GP    G      A       P

327  120  135    255

0.37   0.41  0.78

Best season

80  37  47  84 1.05 ppg

Top ten finishes

4th in points(not including this season as it is not over yet)

5th in goals

6th and 4th in ppg

Hall is the better player overall right now. But if Seguin has more seasons like the one he is having now, Its gonna be Seguin. 

I have no real opinion on who the "better" player here is as I am of the opinion both are very good and most teams would be glad to have either, however, I DID want to point out once again what a bonehead move letting Seguin go was for the Bruins.... lmao...

Sorry..that wasn't nice...but still fun!

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.  :D

I feel like this wouldn't even be an issue if Hall plays on a somewhat successful team. Seguin has played for playoff teams. Hall has played for the Washington Generals of hockey. Apples and oranges as far as I'm concerned.

Archived