Farnham - Bellemare fight

Polaris922

@nossagog

He went pretty low. I don't think he was going for the knees but it certainly looked like Voracek thought so.

Okay, I don't think ANY player likes to be hit with a hip check any more.   If done correctly its not too bad, if done incorrectly, bye bye career

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I don't think ANY player likes to be hit with a hip check any more.   If done correctly its not too bad, if done incorrectly, bye bye career

I think a hip-to-hip check is one thing. You get down in that "mid thigh" region and players are going to start taking offense.

Kronwall, for example, does it all the time and IMO has a pretty solid one most of the time, but does drop a little low at points...

I think a hip-to-hip check is one thing. You get down in that "mid thigh" region and players are going to start taking offense.

Kronwall, for example, does it all the time and IMO has a pretty solid one most of the time, but does drop a little low at points...

Suban is notorious for that real low hit where he come flying in back end first real low.

Suban is notorious for that real low hit where he come flying in back end first real low.

We're going to have to split and merge these threads :)

Either it is a hit that can risk "bye bye career" or it is just a run-of-the-mill hip check. Either it is a "notorious" event or a "ho hum."

I think we know the difference.

@radoran

This one was definitely.. ho hum... play the game.  

No, it apparently wasn't.

Again, the difference between taking someone's legs out and delivering a hit into the boards.

If someone risked your career that way, you'd take offense.

It's not like Voracek makes a living dropping the gloves and he's played enough hockey to know the difference.

Again, the difference between taking someone's legs out and delivering a hit into the boards.

It's not like Voracek makes a living dropping the gloves and he's played enough hockey to know the difference.

And again...  a LEGAL hit.  I say hip, you say thighs... doesn't matter.  Both legal.  Both HO HUM.  This wasn't Scuderi smashing his knees into the boards.  This wasn't a vicious head into the turnbuckle hit.  This wasn't any intent to inure, or even recklessness.  If this weren't a Flyers leading scorer, nobody on this board even bats an eye at it.  

He wouldn't be the first player to take offense over a completely innocuous hit, either.  ;)

He wouldn't be the first player to take offense over a completely innocuous hit, either.  ;)

True, but this is hardly Matthew Barnaby we're talking about - it's Jake freaking Voracek.

Not exactly the player prone to losing it and jumping someone over a "completely innocuous hit" :)

:cool[1]:

Flyers fans didn't start this thread or write this column.

So now we're responsible for every so called journalist? That will make this an absolute field day on the Flyers with Philly media being what it is! Lol.

And in fairness, it's not a bad article. I think the conspiracy theory is humorous, but the rest of it isn't bad.

So now we're responsible for every so called journalist? That will make this an absolute field day on the Flyers with Philly media being what it is! Lol.

And in fairness, it's not a bad article. I think the conspiracy theory is humorous, but the rest of it isn't bad.

Responsible for? No. In agreement with a whiny journalist? Yes. You look for something to complain about when there's nothing to complain about. The premise of this thread for example. "Yeah, our guy lost, but he didn't lose as bad as you guys are saying. I don't know what all the fuss is about."

1. There isn't much fuss at all other than what you and your whiny journalist created. As far as we are concerned, there were fights - fights you lost btw - end of story. But your nature doesn't allow you to just let that go. You have to find something to cry about.

2. The guy you called up from the AHL to protect/watch over things got beat up by a French guy with no NHL fights. People are going to talk about that. The real funny part is when you try to act like he's not a fighter, so it's not a big deal that he lost.

You lost the game and your guys got beat up. It's not a big deal and we wouldn't have been talking about it for more than a few minutes after the game ended if you didn't create this thread.

Responsible for? No. In agreement with a whiny journalist? Yes. You look for something to complain about when there's nothing to complain about. The premise of this thread for example. "Yeah, our guy lost, but he didn't lose as bad as you guys are saying. I don't know what all the fuss is about."

1. There isn't much fuss at all other than what you and your whiny journalist created. As far as we are concerned, there were fights - fights you lost btw - end of story. But your nature doesn't allow you to just let that go. You have to find something to cry about.

2. The guy you called up from the AHL to protect/watch over things got beat up by a French guy with no NHL fights. People are going to talk about that. The real funny part is when you try to act like he's not a fighter, so it's not a big deal that he lost.

You lost the game and your guys got beat up. It's not a big deal and we wouldn't have been talking about it for more than a few minutes after the game ended if you didn't create this thread.

I've always tolerated you as different, not nuts. Now I'm convinced the others are right, you're nuts. All I said was the way Flyers fans were talking I expected a thrashing of Farnham. I was disappointed by the actual fight. There was no thrashing, not even a one punch KO.

Maybe my idea of a fight and yours are quite different. This was simply nothing to look at. One guy punched another guy and they both fell down. That's it. No KO, no getting back up and brawling... You disagree all you want. It won't make this a better fight.

I don't know if the Voracek jumping Scuderi is the other fight you're referencing, but that was unimpressive as well. Scuderi trying to hug his way through punches wasn't very impressive to me.

Doesn't matter what sweater they're wearing, neither stands out. What I said has NOTHING to do with what the so called whiny journalist said. I'd never even seen the article till you highlighted it. Did you miss your morning pill or something??

I've always tolerated you as different, not nuts. Now I'm convinced the others are right, you're nuts. All I said was the way Flyers fans were talking I expected a thrashing of Farnham. I was disappointed by the actual fight. There was no thrashing, not even a one punch KO.

Maybe my idea of a fight and yours are quite different. This was simply nothing to look at. One guy punched another guy and they both fell down. That's it. No KO, no getting back up and brawling... You disagree all you want. It won't make this a better fight.

I don't know if the Voracek jumping Scuderi is the other fight you're referencing, but that was unimpressive as well. Scuderi trying to hug his way through punches wasn't very impressive to me.

Doesn't matter what sweater they're wearing, neither stands out. What I said has NOTHING to do with what the so called whiny journalist said. I'd never even seen the article till you highlighted it. Did you miss your morning pill or something??

So called, lol. Now that's funny :lol:

So called, lol. Now that's funny :lol:

I don't know the guy or his writings. Last I know he isn't paid by any of the media outlets here so he has his own website or something. Does that count as a journalist? I dunno...

I don't know the guy or his writings. Last I know he isn't paid by any of the media outlets here so he has his own website or something. Does that count as a journalist? I dunno...

I did find it ridiculous that this was being reported as a "journalist rips Flyers."

It was neither a journalist nor an effective rip :)

Archived