Oops! Typo or Freudian Slip?

Adamflyers

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25000559/look-penguins-pull-game-program-after-sidney-crosby-typo

I didn't know the best place for this since it is technically about the Pens, but more for the enjoyment of Flyers fans.  I'll let the admins make that call

LOOK: Penguins pull game program after Sidney Crosby typo
By Adam Gretz | Hockey writer

January 27, 2015 7:11 pm ET

What an odd day for Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby.

He is out of the lineup for their game against the Winnipeg Jets because of an injury that kept him out of the All-Star festivities in Columbus over the weekend. But hey, it's a long season, the Penguins playoff spot is pretty secure, and a couple of days off in the middle of the year -- especially if he is less than 100 percent -- is not the worst thing in the world for him or the Penguins.

But then the Penguins accidentally spelled his name wrong on their program in the worst possible way. By reversing the D and N in his first name to spell, well ... you get the idea.

Sindey.jpg

Once the mistake was realized, the programs were immediately pulled by the Penguins.

Typos, man. They can be the worst. They are an unfortunate reality in any sort of publishing industry (and I know this as well as anyone), and sometimes you do not realize them until it is too late.

Like when it's a game night program involving the best player in the league.

It is also Sidney Crosby bobblehead night.

Archived