Do You Think McDavid Will Reach Crosby Level?

JagerMeister

I don't think McDavid is going to come into the league and put up 100 points as an 18 year old. But I do think he has the ability to be as good as anyone in the league in a few years. A lot will depend on what team he ends up on....do they have good wingers who can play at that speed?, another decent center to take some of the pressure off? do the LA Kings win the lottery a year after the  cup?   :blink[1]: 

I know this...he can play a very skilled game at a speed most players can't even attain. And he has no problem coming back to help out. 

I don't think McDavid is going to come into the league and put up 100 points as an 18 year old. But I do think he has the ability to be as good as anyone in the league in a few years. A lot will depend on what team he ends up on....do they have good wingers who can play at that speed?, another decent center to take some of the pressure off? do the LA Kings win the lottery a year after the  cup?   :blink[1]: 

I know this...he can play a very skilled game at a speed most players can't even attain. And he has no problem coming back to help out. 

One thing is for sure, if he ends up with the Oilers he will be forever screwed

Conner needs to practice punching guys in the balls if he wants to reach Sids level.

I do think McDavid will win rookie of the year running away, maybe reach the 75 point level in his rookie year....depending on which team gets him and who his potential linemates would be. The thing that really sticks out his the elite skating and how he can do everything at top speed, the sure sign of an elite player. I do think he hits 100 pts in his 3rd year or so.

Let's put it this way....if I was picking in the top slot for NAHANA's next draft, I would take McDavid with no hesitation, regardless of who else is left unprotected. He will provide respectable pts in his 1st and 2nd years before he explodes and goes into the triple digits. He's just a special once in an era player.

the Sabres will be a monster in two years

The Sabres will be lucky to be decent in 2 years. They'll have some great young players/prospects, but its going to take some time for them to mature. You still need a goalie. Oh right...Miller.

He is going to wind up in Sabres Blue and Gold and when he is done he will be compared to Wayne rather than Crosb

This is really going out on a limb here, considering some past comments, but this may be the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted. 

NO FAVORITE TEAM???? Come on.  You expect me to believe that?  Miller has won the Vezina  and many teams wish they had him.   He is the best goalie there is at stopping a breakaway.  I will take Miller over anyone

Well there is NJD and Vancouver, and unfortunately Miller is on my team. " i will take Miller over anyone" quite a bold statement dont ya think? Over  Rinne and Price...?

What did he do to them in the playoffs when you guaranteed he'd beat us? Or the Olympics when you guaranteed gold? 

Anyway, enjoy McDavid/Eichel, it looks like a shoo-in to get one or the other. But its still going to take some time for all those kids to develop into a good team. 

Anyway, enjoy McDavid/Eichel, it looks like a shoo-in to get one or the other.

I'm hoping they finish 2nd last and somebody leapfrogs them and bumps them to 3rd. Lot of people talking up Hanfin, but during the WJC at least, he was lacking "wow" factor. Getting knocked out of the top 2 this draft would be monumentally disappointing.

@jammer2

I agree the top 2 are kind of on their own level....and Marner has been getting attention as the #3 guy.

I would not be shocked to see Marner leapfrog Hanfin for the 3rd selection. I've been catching the odd Knights game of late, this Marner kid is an offensive wizard. His skating and smarts seem to grow exponentially with each passing week, and they were never weak to begin with. Of course, his size will always be discussed in a negative light, but the new rules introduced a few years back really favour guy like Marner. If it was the clutch and grab era, Marner might not be in the top 5, but size is less of a factor than it ever has been in the draft.

I'm just hoping that McDavid and Eichel don't go to the Canes. What a waste that would be. As sad as the Oilers and Sabres are, at  least they have loyal fan bases. If either future star goes to the Canes, their career will probably be wasted. I don't hold out any hope that Carolina can construct a decent team.

Archived