Should the Wings make a play for Evander Kane?

yave1964

Should the Wings trade for Evander Kane?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should the wings trade for Kane?

• Yes. Absolutely make it happen
    • Kick the tires if you can steal him, sure
    • No, we dont need another forward
    • Hell no, we dont need the headache

Evander Kane is quickly working his way out of Winnipeg, having a run in with coach Paul Maurice again may have been the final straw. It begs the question: should the Wings make a move for him?

I posted elsewhere for over a year that I would love to see him in Detroit, we have never had a black hockey player of any substance in Motown, it might help grow the fan base.

To me it comes down to does he bring anything to the team that we don't have and it is an emphatic YES.

He is a power forward with a wicked pass, he will fight anyone and plays with an edge, he is immature and undiscip[lined but the wings are the most disciplined and mature organization top to bottom in the game. I believe it would rub off on him.

So yes, we need a quarterback on the point for our power play first and foremost, which he is not, but our secondary need is a power forward with sandpaper and grit and he has that in spades. Absolutely get him if we can, just make it happen.

@yave1964

I'd avoid him like the plague.  First, he's injured again (and I mean AGAIN).   Second, he's doing next to nothing.   I mean, great skill set obviously, but something is really wrong either in the head or in the heart.  I suppose if someone is going to get something out of him it would be Babcock and maybe change of scenery would help.  But I wouldn't give up a lot for him.

@flyercanuck@ruxpin

latest update.

Apparently Kane is feuding with his mates, supposedly Buff was livid over Kane disprespecting the team by wearing sweats to a meeting where everyone else was in a suit and he threw Kane's sweatsuit into the shower.

Apparently Kane had worn the now infamous track suit to a team meeting earlier in the day, which had irked the team as it was against club policy. Johnston also reported that to show their displeasure, Byfuglien is said to have thrown Kane's clothes into the shower. Then Kane did not show up for the game and rejoined the team for the charter flight back to Winnipeg.

So, umm, can I change my mind, you can have him, I don't want him. If the vets in Winnipeg are putting the smack down on him he is welcome to go somewhere else, not Detroit. I still think he is enormously talented but someone else can have him. Can we have Buff?

Evander Kane is quickly working his way out of Winnipeg, having a run in with coach Paul Maurice again may have been the final straw. It begs the question: should the Wings make a move for him?

I posted elsewhere for over a year that I would love to see him in Detroit, we have never had a black hockey player of any substance in Motown, it might help grow the fan base.

To me it comes down to does he bring anything to the team that we don't have and it is an emphatic YES.

He is a power forward with a wicked pass, he will fight anyone and plays with an edge, he is immature and undiscip[lined but the wings are the most disciplined and mature organization top to bottom in the game. I believe it would rub off on him.

So yes, we need a quarterback on the point for our power play first and foremost, which he is not, but our secondary need is a power forward with sandpaper and grit and he has that in spades. Absolutely get him if we can, just make it happen.

We don't disagree often, @yave1964, but WTH ARE YOU THINKING?! We CERTAINLY don't need him for the Cup run this year, before the deadline. Changing a guy like that takes time to do. I'm not saying it can't be done. I'm saying it takes longer than a month or two. We are NOT about to disrupt a locker room that is in a position to make a serious Cup run--especially if we can acquire Myers or the equivalent before the deadline--for a guy who cannot be changed in that short span. I want the leadership in that locker room to be focused on doing what each of them needs to do on the ice to win the Cup. We don't need the distraction of having to babysit taking away from that focus.

NO! NO! NO! NO!

Did I mention, NO!?

@SpikeDDS

Well Spike, it is moot now, lol. Kane for Myers is a deal that took two rumored players completely off the board with one fell swoop. I still think that Kane could have been straightened out by the veteran Wings, don't forget Shanny came aboard with a rep as a selfish player. The Wings have a long history of rehabiliting players like that.

Archived