Should the Flyers trade for Evander Kane

Lindbergh31

Evander Kane was brought on board the Canada Jrs last minute 5 or 6 years ago and had an outstanding 2 way tournament. The skill is there. The opportunity to get him at less than his full value might exist right now. My only concern bringing him to Flyerland now is the lack of a leadership group. From my distant vantage point the Jets have more leadership and a better coaching staff to help a young man like Kane than do the Flyers. Its all about managing your assets and it is hard to deal when the cupboard is bare. Lack of draft picks is crippling in this salary cap NHL. Long term contracts with dinosaurs is even more crippling. This will be a long rebuild.

Evander Kane was brought on board the Canada Jrs last minute 5 or 6 years ago and had an outstanding 2 way tournament. The skill is there. The opportunity to get him at less than his full value might exist right now.

If you believe Eklund (hahaa...) the Jets want a 1st rounder, a roster player and a blue chip prospect.  If that is the case I would run away...  "Kane on the move" has been rumored for a while now and I really don't see them giving him up for anything less than a ransom.  

If you believe Eklund (hahaa...) the Jets want a 1st rounder, a roster player and a blue chip prospect.  If that is the case I would run away...  "Kane on the move" has been rumored for a while now and I really don't see them giving him up for anything less than a ransom.  

That asking price is considered to be well-known actually. At one point it might have even been "fair."

But I don't think Chevy can reasonably be expected to get that now. He'd likely settle for a young top-9 roster player and a high pick. He won't give him away, but the fans want him gone (someone threw a Kane jersey on the ice following the OT loss to CHI on Fri. night - a majority of the patrons at the bar that I was at erupted into spontaneous applause) and it appears that some of his team mates do as well.

So he has to go. Some team will take a chance on him....likely in summer after his shoulder is mended and he's declared medically fit. 

That asking price is considered to be well-known actually. At one point it might have even been "fair."

But I don't think Chevy can reasonably be expected to get that now. He'd likely settle for a young top-9 roster player and a high pick. He won't give him away, but the fans want him gone (someone threw a Kane jersey on the ice following the OT loss to CHI on Fri. night - a majority of the patrons at the bar that I was at erupted into spontaneous applause) and it appears that some of his team mates do as well.

So he has to go. Some team will take a chance on him....likely in summer after his shoulder is mended and he's declared medically fit. 

You drive a hard bargain so i guess Flyers could offer up their prize free agent acquisition shutdown defenseman (try saying that with a straight face) Andrew Macdonald for him!!!! :ph34r:

Archived