Should the Flyers trade for Evander Kane

Lindbergh31

I've never been to Philly, so I could be wrong. But, I think Evander Kane would likely be reviled in that city, with some of his antics. He could be hockey's Dick Allen in that town.

Unless as radoran put it, They take VLC/Umberger/and Macdonald and their contracts......I gotta say that I really don't see that happening but a guy can dream......... :ph34r:

I wouldn't even do that. I wouldn't want anything to do with the guy. You know my feelings on Downie, but I'd take Downie first.

I wouldn't even do that. I wouldn't want anything to do with the guy. You know my feelings on Downie, but I'd take Downie first.

Ok that's too far. Let's not confuse on-ice douchiness (defined as dirty, cowardly, c*nty) with off-ice douchiness. Kane plays the game tough, but honestly. He'll fight.

I realize why people don't want attitude - fair enough. But I ultimately judge a player by what they do on the ice.

I guess I think that Kane is just an immature punk with too much money. He could change. I'm more concerned about his apparent injury proneness (partly because of how he plays) and lack of hockey IQ.

Ok that's too far. Let's not confuse on-ice douchiness (defined as dirty, cowardly, c*nty) with off-ice douchiness. Kane plays the game tough, but honestly. He'll fight.

I realize why people don't want attitude - fair enough. But I ultimately judge a player by what they do on the ice.

I guess I think that Kane is just an immature punk with too much money. He could change. I'm more concerned about his apparent injury proneness (partly because of how he plays) and lack of hockey IQ.

I forgot that you live up here, don't you? Read yaves' post in the Red Wings thread about Kane. I'd be interested in your take.

I forgot that you live up here, don't you? Read yaves' post in the Red Wings thread about Kane. I'd be interested in your take.

Yeah I saw that. I'd say the same thing to him. I think Kane could be worth the risk, if the cost was not too high, that he possibly could grow up. That he wasn't born to be a douche. That's it. Why, I even extend this kind of thinking to real life.

Only to dump those Homerian contracts. If you read the sb today, you will see I equate him to Desean Jackson.....great skills but not worth the distractions he would bring.

Only to dump those Homerian contracts. If you read the sb today, you will see I equate him to Desean Jackson.....great skills but not worth the distractions he would bring.

Oh, I see.  Okay then.  Carry on.   (I don't know how much time Kane has on his contract, but I'd have to think long and hard about it even to dump contracts.  I really don't like the guy.  But, I guess as Podein says...

No no no no way no how no no no.

The guy has great skill but he's a brain dead douche bag.

I wouldn't even trade VLC sucks for him.

No!

The role of brain dead douche bag is already taken by Rinaldo, so there's no room for Kane.

A couple of different perspectives on Kane for people to read:

First, an opinion piece by Gary Lawless, a local sportwriter/pundit. What's most interesting about his piece is that Lawless has been an early and persistent critic of Kane. For him to pen this piece, blaming Byfuglien and others for the incident, is remarkable. I disagree with him - I think the main fault lies with Kane - but there's clearly more to the story. Lawless has his pulse on that room more than any local scribe: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/hockey/jets/The-Kane-saga-291013591.html?cx_navSource=d-popular-views

And this piece on Kane's value, which isn't as low as some have it: http://thehockeywriters.com/evander-kanes-value-shouldnt-be-underestimated/

Do you think that the Flyers trade for Kane or is he a headache! He'd look good with Vorachek and Giroux or do the Flyers let Schenn develop with them.

Not a chance. Hextall keeps talking about building a team with character. The fact that Kane can't follow simple team rules shows a complete lack of discipline and respect for the rules an organization has in place. He'd pull those stunts in Philadelphia and he'd get his ass handed to him. It's best to stay far away from this locker room cancer. Let him be someone else's problem.

I disagree.  The Jets are in the hunt for the wild card.  they NEED to replace him.  We don't need a Wing just now (we will).

Make them take Vinny and Umberger. 

Get it done Hexy!

Archived