Most Athletic NHL Player

JagerMeister

What a silly answer.  Clearly, it's Mike York.

Seriously though, There are a couple of names that stick in my brain..or what's left of it.

1) Rod Brindamour , the guy was a fitness freak as a player and probably still is.

2) Jagr- The man is still playing competitive hockey in his 40's.

3) Chris Chelios- Love him or hate him(I will take the latter) was still playing and competitively past 45 years of age.

Gotta give Marc-Andre Fleury some love here.  I can't stand the team he plays for and I wouldn't trust his mental state in the playoffs for a second, but he's an unbelievable athlete.  The man can make his body do things it really shouldn't do.  Just incredible flexibility and recovery.  

Seriously though, There are a couple of names that stick in my brain..or what's left of it.

1) Rod Brindamour , the guy was a fitness freak as a player and probably still is.

2) Jagr- The man is still laying competitive hockey in his 40's.

3) Chris Chelios- Love him or hate him(I will take the latter) was still playing and competitively past 45 years of age.

yes, he was still playing at age 45 and was utterly useless...

Are we talking about who's the most athletic or most fit? I've met some gym rats who couldn't beat my grandmother in a game of 1-on-1, and we've all seen some pro athletes who weren't exactly sporting beach bodies...

-Bobby Hull was (obviously) an exceptional athlete as it pertained to hockey: blazing speed, canon shot, etc. He also hit massive home runs against barnstorming ballplayers which were talked about decades later around the Belleville area. One has to be careful, as I always had a feeling the home runs grew by a few feet every year, but it's believable.

-Jarome Iginla was a good ball player as well. Made the National Junior team. I was a little older and never played against him around Edmonton, but a younger friend did, and I caught some games they played in against each other. The kid was a baseball playing robot: literally everything he did looked the same every time. It was through baseball that I heard his name first, with hockey only coming up when he was traded to Calgary. "Iginla... THAT Iginla?"

yes, he was still playing at age 45 and was utterly useless...

Was your question or was it not who is the most athletic? When you decide what you want to hear, let me know and I will see about having someone post it for you......

Archived