kimmo traded

vonginous

Fighting through injuries staying out on the ice when he is clearly hurt playing for many games with a fracture in his foot stuff like that never really want to come off the ice something all us Flyer fans have seen him do since he's been here. Taking a hit in the corner to play the puck only to get killed by way BIGGER guys than him.

You mean things half the players in NHL have done at some point?  #weareallwarriors #stillbutthurtoverKunitzin2009

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean things half the players in NHL have done at some point? #weareallwarriors #stillbutthurtoverKunitzin2009

You are a pure trolling asshole. The blood clots were *life threatening* at one point, and Timonen had to go through a lot to get back to the NHL, but I guess that's just another Tuesday for you.

#OnlyPensAreGreat

@ruxpin can you toss out the trash already

You mean things half the players in NHL have done at some point?  #weareallwarriors #stillbutthurtoverKunitzin2009

Yeah because other do it doesn't discount the fact that he does it too.

Is that your weak argument????

So soldiers/policemen/firefighters that go into battle and risk their lives in battle aren't warriors because many others do it???? Lame. Really. Next question.

Like taking questionable hits like this from punks and just getting up and playing!!!

So.....like at half the players in the NHL take each year? 2009 wasn't that long ago I guess. Give him the Masterton!

So.....like at half the players in the NHL take each year? 2009 wasn't that long ago I guess. Give him the Masterton!

So if he isn't fighting MS or cancer he isn't a warrior???? Your arguments are weak...and your obvious hate for Kimmo is noted.

The blood clots were *life threatening* at one point, and Timonen had to go through a lot to get back to the NHL, but I guess that's just another Tuesday for you.

#OnlyPensAreGreat

@ruxpin can you toss out the trash already

He hasn't really come back from those yet, has he?  And if you mean 2008, he missed 4 games. C'mon already. 

A few Pens fans said he wasn't worth  2nd round pick and you don't like it.  Boo-hoo. It's a fair and legitimate opinion. Deal or back to Philly.com.

Clarke overcame diabetes. Berard had what was thought to be a career ending eye injury (basically was). Lemiex played the same day of his last chemotherapy treatment and with a back so bad the trainer had to tie his skates. Harding has multiple sclerosis.

So if he isn't fighting MS or cancer he isn't a warrior???? Your arguments are weak...and your obvious hate for Kimmo is noted.

Saying he's not worth a 2nd+ isn't "hating".  Dealing with things hundreds upon hundreds of NHL players deal with doesn't make him a warrior any more or less than any other NHL player.

Maybe you and the other fella can go console each other because a few Pens fans said a 40 year old defenseman who hasn't played in a year isn't worht a 2nd+.  

Ok, then I guess this conversation is over if you truly believe that.

At the end of the day, it matters very little what you or I believe about Timonen's market value and fair trade. I will defer to the guy who has actually won two Stanley Cups as someone who knows what he's doing. At this point it time, he thinks it is a fair trade, and he's got past results to back him up.

So you honestly think Timonen's twilight year has more potential than a draft pick? POTENTIAL? You're nuts on this one. The name Timonen has turned off any objectivity for you on this bud. His last three months or even season if he plays next year is not going to be anything special from him, and to me the opportunity to draft a 2nd and at least a 4th is much greater potential. Why is it so hard for Flyers fans to admit Chicago overpaid here?

Hero.

I'm done. The subjective mess of the argument is ridiculous. Reply and chatter away, I won't be responding in this again. It's honestly disappointing favoritism.

Yeah because other do it doesn't discount the fact that he does it too.

Is that your weak argument????

So soldiers/policemen/firefighters that go into battle and risk their lives in battle aren't warriors because many others do it???? Lame. Really. Next question.

Sorry but "warrior" to me is a guy who had to overcome ALOT more than most to (in this case) have an NHL career. So dealing with big checks and playing alot of games doesn't qualify.  That makes Jon Sim a "warrior". 

ALL policemen, firefighters, etc. are warriors to me because they chose careers that risk their lives - something that 99.9% of the general population didn't do.

Get it now?

And you list diabetes?? Really something as well players deal with every day??? Once again your arguments are weak...and funny.

You are full of yourself are you.

I emailed Kimmo and told him to apply for warrior status through you since you are the Warrior authority. He eagerly awaits word from you and seeks your approval.

I don't expect to hear back from you since we know you don't like Kimmo. Back to the Pens board with you.

That's the point, How many players had to overcome diabetes to play?  

Keep trying.

So you honestly think Timonen's twilight year has more potential than a draft pick? POTENTIAL? You're nuts on this one. The name Timonen has turned off any objectivity for you on this bud. His last three months or even season if he plays next year is not going to be anything special from him, and to me the opportunity to draft a 2nd and at least a 4th is much greater potential. Why is it so hard for Flyers fans to admit Chicago overpaid here?

Hero.

I'm done. The subjective mess of the argument is ridiculous. Reply and chatter away, I won't be responding in this again. It's honestly disappointing favoritism.

This is awesome!  I basically called Clarkie a warrior because he had to overcome diabetes and I'm even getting called out on that.

We have reached the Twilght Zone.  ;)

Ok  back to your Pens board you have proven you're clueless enough already and you bore me. Kimmo still awaits your approval.

What - you're not going to try and twist my argument any more?  Good. Thanks for playing.  :D

What - you're not going to try and twist my argument any more?  Good. Thanks for playing.  :D

Twist it??

You're the one discounting what Kimmo does supposedly because many do it.

It's your excuse, since many do it it can't count.

Then you come back and include diabetes as a warrior scenario..................which once again many do it....many play through issues with diabetes...in fact i have a cousin playing college football dealing with this so you tell me which is it????

Is it only a rare thing like with MS or cancer or a common occurrence like diabetes you are the one that needs to figure that out...you let us know since you're the Warrior Authority......we anxiously await you word.

Hmmmm.....all right I haven't read the whole thread but these last two pages were entertaining.....I'm gonna say a fully functional Kimmo not just returning from a nasty health issue is probably PROBABLY worth the 2nd and the conditional. Two years ago I would have wanted more back. This was a decent return for Hexy considering the circumstances, and frankly Hawks fans should be pleased as well with a solid veteran addition for this year's run.

I don't know who is or isn't more of a warrior than someone else, all warriors are not created equal....When I look at Flyers of the last ten years, his name goes right at the top of the list for me.

He hasn't really come back from those yet, has he? And if you mean 2008, he missed 4 games. C'mon already.

A few Pens fans said he wasn't worth 2nd round pick and you don't like it. Boo-hoo. It's a fair and legitimate opinion. Deal or back to Philly.com.

Clarke overcame diabetes. Berard had what was thought to be a career ending eye injury (basically was). Lemiex played the same day of his last chemotherapy treatment and with a back so bad the trainer had to tie his skates. Harding has multiple sclerosis.

I didn't argue value, learn to read. I did argue overcoming a life threatening situation to make it back to the NHL. No boo hooing here, but you're awfully passionate about trashing Timonen and trolling Flyers fans in their own forum.

I don't know who is or isn't more of a warrior than someone else, all warriors are not created equal....When I look at Flyers of the last ten years, his name goes right at the top of the list for me.

Amen brother that is all i'm saying.

Then you come back and include diabetes as a warrior scenario..................which once again many do it....many play through issues with diabetes...in fact i have a cousin playing college football dealing with this so you tell me which is it????

Fine. How many NHL players have had diabetes? Cancer? Eye injuries like Berard's? MS?

You're the one discounting what Kimmo does supposedly because many do it.

Many?  Yeah. Many.Lots. Sorry if I value the "warrior" criteria more than you. If everyone deals, everyone can't be a warrior. I need more.

Is it only a rare thing like with MS or cancer or a common occurrence like diabetes you are the one that needs to figure that out...you let us know since you're the Warrior Authority......we anxiously await you word.

Thank you again for making my point. RARE.  Questionable hits (one of your big Kimmo-is-a-warrior criteria) aren't RARE in the NHL. Cancer, MS, Diabetes and horrific eye injuries are. Coming back and playing after (or with those) is even RARER.

I didn't argue value, learn to read. I did argue overcoming a life threatening situation to make it back to the NHL. No boo hooing here, but you're awfully passionate about trashing Timonen and trolling Flyers fans in their own forum.

Gee - sorry if I want to wait and see the guy play and play well first before I start calling him a warrior.  

Please repost where I trashed Timmonen or else shut up with your lies.  

The quote I was referring to had you saying that the 4th rounder was worth more than Timonen. If I misread you, let me know.

To me, the 4th is a throwaway for quantity. The odds are really small that it will yield a middling NHLer.

The 2nd to me, is really the only thing of value. Put another way, if the Flyers had recently won two Cups, and were trying for a third, and they traded a 2nd for a guy in Timonen's situation, my emotional reaction might very well be "what? more old aging defensemen?" (mainly because of Philly's poor history in such cases). But if I looked at it objectively, I don't think I'd care too much. I would value whatever immediate help Timonen can offer over the 20% chance that our pick yields a regular NHLer. I would want to win a Cup now.

IMO, a 1st and prospect for Vermette is overpayment - much more so than Timonen. There's a much greater chance that the 1st rounder - especially this year - yields an above average NHler who is at least on par with Vermette. But again, who am I to question the Hawks GM who clearly knows what he's doing? He's putting more value on now than later in both cases.

Of course it's subjective! The entire thing is an entirely human creation of valuing human players. I think I've been pretty respectful in my replies. 

Archived