Flyers and Goalie Coach Jeff Reese part ways

Adamflyers

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i do not agree to keep it short. I agree about the players not being the greatest.

I agree enough with swede to give Berube one more chance. The players are a significant problem themselves, and I'd like to see which is truly more to blame.

Offer not valid if Babcock wants in to Philly.

I agree enough with swede to give Berube one more chance.

I don't i think it's time to find a guy with a real legit system....one that maybe the players can actually use. This skate harder crap just ins't working. They need more structure to me.

I don't i think it's time to find a guy with a real legit system....one that maybe the players can actually use. This skate harder crap just ins't working. They need more structure to me.

See, I agree with the last part. But, I think the players won't take most coaches seriously, as mgmt cans the coach first. If the players would actually listen and try, I'd be in 100% agreement with you.

They do need structure, but how can you force someone with guaranteed money to do their job?

If the players would actually listen and try, I'd be in 100% agreement with you.

I see them trying but to me they look like they are playing chase the puck utter chaos in their own zone scheme...they seem to always but looking around at time with the look on their face whos got this guy look on their face like they don't know where they should be or who should be covering who.

And well it's gone on so long and despite the scratches and changes those thing still seem to happen.

Which leads me to believe when they skate over to the bench all Berube is relaying to them is to skate harder keep working....and well it's not working. Mix the lineup up swap people from line to line and well the same results.

It's easier to replace one coach than 23 players.

They have fired Lavy and Berube and Joey Mullen are hold overs from his staff the only new guy is Gord Murphy....so i think they need more change.

Right, but they fired Lavy for the same exact reasons. That's kind of my point. Short of Bowman, who is a strong enough coach with enough reputation to get these players to listen, work together, and execute a system like a team?

I'm not thrilled with Berube, don't mistake that. He should be performing better. I'm just not sure the Flyers have a clear path to improvement behind the bench.

Timonen and your buddy Coburn :ph34r: are already gone, the latter arguably addition by subtraction (I disagree, but the return was so good I don't care). More will be pushed out. Maybe the replacements will be hungrier, and more willing to accept coaching?

See, I agree with the last part. But, I think the players won't take most coaches seriously, as mgmt cans the coach first. If the players would actually listen and try, I'd be in 100% agreement with you.

They do need structure, but how can you force someone with guaranteed money to do their job?

It seems to work for teams that are good... Hawks, Detroit, ducks, blues, preds, pens, habs

Yeah... Two ex flyer coaches on that list.

I'm not thrilled with Berube, don't mistake that. He should be performing better

Plus i can't see how he expects chemistry to develop with his constant line juggling and Dpair swapping i mean jesus christ i wish there was a way of tracking what is the most consecutive games in a row they have play with him resisting the juggling?????

That is on him.........just leave them alone for a friggin week week and a half they have tried everything else but this....nothing else to lose hell it may work. The constant juggling reeks of desperation and the players can pick up on that crap and know their coach and management is losing faith in them with it...it just kills their confidence.

Why does folks want Berube gone? I Think he have done a great job with this poor material. I really like what he is getting out of this team. We have 1 scoring line and 3 checking lines, we have like 3 decent defensmen but we're touching playoffs spot. I would like to see what he can do with a better team.

Berube could be fired for his handling of mason alone. Firing Reese was a half-measure. They need to fire Berube for the full measure.

McDud and Schenn out for that last sequence... And let Marchand stand in front of Mason... And Reese gets fired?

How can you let Marchand get behind the d and not put a body on him?

Watch the pillow softness of McDud on that final goal... What a disgrace allowing the player skate like that on the entry...

@OR... Same people will claim that Rinaldo was a # gamechanger today! Did you see him give his stick to the defenseman when he lost it? Guy is a stud... 8 minutes of ice time today! What a stud...

I couldn't get it game was blacked out on gamecenter because it was on NHLnetwork.

I think i'm done this year wasting two hours of my day watching these bums....i'll just catch the highlights of their loss. #8minutesofhell

Watch the pillow softness of McDud on that final goal... What a disgrace allowing the player skate like that on the entry...

Yeah those two boneheads didn't even see him slip behind them bunch of dumbasses i swear.

Then Coots boneheaded play lazily turns the puck over at center ice and it goes the other way for the GWer and he just casually gets back into the zone with zero hustle to try and make up for his gaffe and they score. Berube should bench his ass for that bull.sh.it right that i would not tolerate that at all with the playoffs on the line and you turn the damn puck over AND THEN DON'T SHOW ANY HUSTLE TO MAKE UP FOR YOUR MISTAKE!!!????

Bench him.

Lucky bastard

I seen the highlights....those last two goals where just ugly.

As of right now Cocacola is a top 4 Dman amongst this group maybe top 3 i think he is better than Mcdud, Luke, Nick and even Schultz. Bring him back and trade one or two of the other bums i just mentioned.

Plus i can't see how he expects chemistry to develop with his constant line juggling and Dpair swapping i mean jesus christ i wish there was a way of tracking what is the most consecutive games in a row they have play with him resisting the juggling?????

That is on him.........just leave them alone for a friggin week week and a half they have tried everything else but this....nothing else to lose hell it may work. The constant juggling reeks of desperation and the players can pick up on that crap and know their coach and management is losing faith in them with it...it just kills their confidence.

I've got nothing on that. It drove me crazy when Lavy did it too.

I've got nothing on that. It drove me crazy when Lavy did it too.

To quote a famous hockey mind this is what i want Hexy to say to Berube when he cans him...… but that’s my gut and I went with it.”

Not sure if this was posted or not (I didn't want to pore through 5 pages of posts), or how reliabel "Puck Daddy" from Yahoo Sports is, but this was shown on our site front page just a bit ago:

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/philadelphia-goaltending-coach-left-because-of-spat-with-flyers--report-211643412.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Looks like Reese and the Flyers disagreed on a couple things as some have speculated.

Not sure if this was posted or not (I didn't want to pore through 5 pages of posts), or how reliabel "Puck Daddy" from Yahoo Sports is, but this was shown on our site front page just a bit ago:

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/philadelphia-goaltending-coach-left-because-of-spat-with-flyers--report-211643412.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Looks like Reese and the Flyers disagreed on a couple things as some have speculated.

Not sure i just hope Berube follows him soon..........

Archived