The greatest Flyers Dman?

FD19372

Didn't he end up beating his wife?

Who hasn't it's the new trend today...

...no but seriously i don't know i wasn't aware of it if he did.

That is a no no. Seems i would have heard that. But maybe not.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who hasn't it's the new trend today...

...no but seriously i don't know i wasn't aware of it if he did.

That is a no no. Seems i would have heard that. But maybe not.

I wasn't aware of this story at all, but here it is:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/35009-Former-Oilers-captain-Jason-Smith-charged-with-domestic-assault-confinement.html

Well i didn't hear about it either. But there is a difference between being charged and actually found guilty of it. Was he found guilty? This just mentioned he was charged.

O.J. was charged with double murder but he wasn't proven guilty. So he didn't do it. By the way i'd insert a ninja here but I'm on my phone and i forget how to do it. ;)

Well they were dropped so i will asume he was innocent. I 've sen false charges brought against a couple friends and a cousin so each story is different and i will with hold judgment or better yet my opinion.

Well they were dropped so i will asume he was innocent. I 've sen false charges brought against a couple friends and a cousin so each story is different and i will with hold judgment or better yet my opinion.

He's either innocent or Mrs. Smith is ...unavailable, to press charges.

Howe.

Like Brett Hull, that guy had a hell of a shadow to play his way out from under and he did just that in a truly great fashion.  He deserves every bit of recognition he has received and should have been inducted into the HOF sooner, but well rounded D men who don't put up Coffey numbers or win multiple cups don't necessarily get the love they should.

Who is the greatest Flyers Dman in franchise history? Thoughts? I would say Mark Howe. From 1982-1992, he totaled 197 goals, 545 assists for 742 points. My top 5 would be 1) Howe 2) Desjardins 3) Timonen 4) Moose Dupont 5) Kjell Samuellson. Howe would have won at least two Norris Trophies back then, but played in an era with Coffey and Bourque. Howe was such an excellent skater, passer and had a great wrist shot. He was also a good defender on an excellent defensive team in the 1980s. Pronger would've been on this list but didn't play long enough in Orange and Black. It was a toss-up between Samuellson and Jimmy Watson, but I gave Kjell the nod.

Archived