Sabres fire Nolan

yave1964

Well likely they will as he has about as much value now as Keenan.  Keenan is likely at the funny farm.  I want Lindy back

Strangely, last I heard Keenan was successfully coaching a KHL team. In fact, I think they won it all over there lol.

Keenan is a good "Bridge" coach. Everyone hates his guts after a year, but he gets people's arses in line for the year he is there.

I don't pretend to know why Nolan was canned.  

But, we do know that Nolan was hired by LaFontaine and not Murray.  It's also a fact that Nolan is well-liked by Buffalo fans, most of who appreciate the job he did with the players available.   For what it's worth, there's also the animosity between Pat LaFontaine and Pegula.    And, no matter who Buffalo gets in the draft, it's very unlikely they'll contend next year.   So, there's no sound tactical or strategic reason for replacing him.

Unless Murray has some magic up his sleeve, this appears to be another stupid move by another stupid GM.

Ted Nolan is the least respected coach in NHL history.... by his own management/ownership! The guy wins the Jack Adams award and gets blackballed from the league for a decade. Then he gets the glorious job of steering the Sabres while management runs them into the abyss.

I think he should come to Toronto! He'll feel right at home in Leaf-land.   :o 

LOL.  And what a story if he takes them to the playoffs and to a deep run in their first year under him. I tell you he would be a good choice for the Leafs.  He would have guys like Kessel working.  I feel for Ted. He deserves far better.

He would strangle Phil Kessel.  :D

No doubt.  I wonder if Kessel will still be there after draft day?  He could be part of a huge trade?

I have no doubt the Leafs are going to move Kessel this summer (just to get rid of him), but I also know that it's going to be one of those moves where Toronto loses the trade. It'll be a trade where they have to eat 50% of his contract and in return they acquire a stiff from some other team. So when all is said and done, the Leafs will have traded away Seguin and Hamilton for nothing, getting burned twice by Kessel.  (And Kessel will score 40 goals on his new team, and will get a hat trick the first time he comes back to play the Leafs.)  That's how trades work out in Toronto.  :angry::confused[1]:

• 1 month later...

laughing out loud heartily!I would like to see him in Pittsburgh!

I so hope he goes to Pittsburgh.  Although I'd feel badly for some of my Penguins' fan friends on here.

If Babcock is not staying in Detroit, and if he doesn't mind working for Shanny (possibly a weird circumstance for him given the role-reversal), then he's going to Toronto.    No way he ends up in Buttf###lo.

Wow.  This post would have made me look brilliant if it weren't for the fact I also said the complete opposite in multiple posts.

I so hope he goes to Pittsburgh.  Although I'd feel badly for some of my Penguins' fan friends on here.
he would be better than Disco Dan! I don't see how he was at fault there in Buffalo!i

he would be better than Disco Dan! I don't see how he was at fault there in Buffalo!i

We were talking about Kessel.  I suspect he'd actually be okay on a team where he was the 4th or 5th deep.  Or at least not supposed to be "the" guy.  But I also wouldn't want to be the team that takes that risk.  

Are you talking about Nolan?   He wasn't at fault in Buffalo.  I'll never understand that firing.  I'd take him if I'm Pittsburgh.  I wouldn't have hated him coming to Philly either (except for the Buffalo stench).  I think he's gotten screwed twice...unless there's more behind the scenes than we know.

LOL.  And what a story if he takes them to the playoffs and to a deep run in their first year under him. I tell you he would be a good choice for the Leafs.  He would have guys like Kessel working.  I feel for Ted. He deserves far better.
He would piss off management if they won the Cup! (like the Chicago Cubs I wonder if they actually want a championship, I know most teams want one!)

Archived