Draft Lottery Scandel

hf101

I love conspiracy theories!

So the NHL is willing to risk its very existence by  rigging a draft lottery in order to ensure that the Edmonton Oilers - a team that sells out no matter what - were awarded their fourth 1st overall pick in the last six years over the NHL's pet project Arizona Coyotes or a handful of other struggling franchises. On top of that, said conspiracy would not only involve the league hierarchy but the 14 teams in the lottery - all of whom had representatives in the room - as well as the independent company charged with overseeing the lottery. Not to mention that the lottery was held not at the NHL offices but at the Rogers Sportsnet Studio in Toronto (because if I'm rigging a lottery I want it at a location over which I have no control).  There is also the fact that the lottery was video taped and that video was made public.

SMH  :blink[1]:

I love conspiracy theories!

So the NHL is willing to risk its very existence by  rigging a draft lottery in order to ensure that the Edmonton Oilers - a team that sells out no matter what - were awarded their fourth 1st overall pick in the last six years over the NHL's pet project Arizona Coyotes or a handful of other struggling franchises. On top of that, said conspiracy would not only involve the league hierarchy but the 14 teams in the lottery - all of whom had representatives in the room - as well as the independent company charged with overseeing the lottery. Not to mention that the lottery was held not at the NHL offices but at the Rogers Sportsnet Studio in Toronto (because if I'm rigging a lottery I want it at a location over which I have no control).  There is also the fact that the lottery was video taped and that video was made public.

SMH  :blink[1]:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-yTpaESzkU

And will there be a McDavid or Eichel in next years draft? Maybe too soon to tell.
http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2016/

Take a look for yourslef, I have a little bit of a handle on this draft cause Logan Brown is rated top 10....there is no "generational" type talent, but some very high end kids. Logan is trying to catch up on his skating, trying to adjust to growing so much so quickly....but he does remind me of a young raw JoeThornton, and I've had the advantage of seeing them both at 16...Joe was a bit ahead of Logan, but everyone is different when you are talking about adjusting to huge growth spurts....but I can tell you...Logan is WAY tougher than Joe, LOVES to iniate contact and give out crushing hits...he should be 240 and 6'6 when it's all said and done. I do think rating him 4th is a tad high, but we shall see.

Archived