rangers advance

notfondajane

Rangers will either get a hard hitting long standing rivalry series with the Caps.....or a hard hitting long standing rivalry series with the Isles.

Either way, the Blueshirts will get a team that REALLY don't like them too much.

I would imagine (outside of Joe T apparently) most here would be rooting Caps or Isles against the Rangers, no? ;)

I'd be cheering for the isles over the Rangers, but I'd be cheering for the Rangers over the Caps.

There is no team or fan base that I dislike more than the Capitals. Any team from the Balt/Wash area, actually. Can't stand them. I'd actually cheer for Pittsburgh against them.

Rangers-Capitals, as they have been saying on NHL Network, is going to be a war.

Well, a sports 'war' anyways...not meaning to trivialize real wars that real soldiers fight.

But yea, real tough, real physical, goaltending and defense will be at a premium, and mistakes could be costly.

You know those series where players look like they were in MMA matches afterwards?

This should be one of those series.

Gone are the days of the 'soft, all offense' Caps.

Enter Barry Trotz, enter an improved Alex Ovechkin (yes, he IS improved, and is actually more defensively responsible, just a hair...while still maintaining his offense), an enter a Caps team that top to bottom has an attitude.

Match them with a Rangers team that has ALWAYS played a tough, physical defensive game, and two teams who have seen each other enough in recent post seasons to develop genuine dislike for one another, and you have the makings of fireworks ready to go off at any time.

I will be pulling for the Rangers here....going against what I suspect is the majority. But then, those who posted with me last season, know I rooted for NY against the Flyers, Penguins, Habs, and Kings in the playoffs......so no surprise I go with them against the Capitals.

There has been quite the TB-NYR connection the last several seasons to help me along there....plus I would NOT be opposed to MSL raising the Cup one last time before his fine HOF-worthy career comes to a close.

I'm not sure why Nashville gave up on him!

Basically, it was their inability to make deep playoff runs. Inevitably, somebody has to pay the price.....and the GM axed him, kinda blaming him in the process. It's a common ploy, **** runs downhill....and Poile was not gonna fire himself.....ha ha.

Basically, it was their inability to make deep playoff runs. Inevitably, somebody has to pay the price.....and the GM axed him, kinda blaming him in the process. It's a common ploy, **** runs downhill....and Poile was not gonna fire himself.....ha ha.

unfortunately this is true, somewhat like Shero/Blysma in Pittsburgh?!

Archived