Is Yeo the next to GO?

hf101

vWSTn0i.jpg

It looks like this will be the third year in a row that Yeo has failed to coach the Wild past the Hawks and I can't imagine that management will give him another chance next season.

It's time for a new direction especially with Babcock on the shortlist of available candidates.

vWSTn0i.jpg

It looks like this will be the third year in a row that Yeo has failed to coach the Wild past the Hawks and I can't imagine that management will give him another chance next season.

It's time for a new direction especially with Babcock on the shortlist of available candidates.

This would be the perfect place for Berube to get his 2nd chance at a head coach gig...  :ph34r:

But yes this could be it....but Babcock has a 1st round exit in 3 of his last 4 years in the playoffs as well.

This would be the perfect place for Berube to get his 2nd chance at a head coach gig... :ph34r:

Naaa aw, I think it is more of a team for Babcock as it is a team with all the parts in place to win a Cup and be cup contenders for a number of years.

I thought he was on dangerously thin ice at midseason, then he threw his hissy fit at practice, they traded for Dubnyk and the world was righted.

I do not think I would change coaches. The way that they played in the second half, rivaled only by Ottawa (and Columbus) as the best team in hockey down the stretch, I feel he deserves another year. It just sucks when your team keeps losing to the same club over and over, we (the Wings) lost back to back years to the Sharks a few years ago, I still have vivid memories of Pavelski and his damn snow showers on our goalie (about the only thing that Howard blocked). But in short, the second half resurgence, knocking out the Blues, all that adds up, to me, to giving him another year.

If they don't draw the 'hawks early in the tournament maybe their playoffs last longer. The 'Hawks are damn good and losing to them is what most NHL teams do.  The Wild drilled what I thought was a more talented Blues team in this year's tournament.  i know it went 6 but i felt like the Blues were done after 4 they couldn't skate with the Wild.  

I can't see firing a guy at the pro level because he can't get his team past the perennial league favorite ,  i know it happens in college football.  I don't think the team has quit on him, i don't think he's in over his head.   His teams just can't beat the Hawks and that's just like 28 other NHL teams.  I think it would be fair to give him another shot.  

I watched the Wild a fair amount this year, i like their speed and forechecking, I thought the addition of a goaltender that just didn't suck would help them tremendously and it has.  Their goaltending was atrocious the first half of this season and even if they didn't give up a lot of goals , they didn't give the team a chance to win. Typical early season Wild game had them possessing the puck for 16 minutes a period and getting a pile of shots (not finishing mind you) then on the opponents first trip over the red line in 7 minutes time yields an unscreened goal from 60 feet....i swear this happened at least once a week.  Yeo's team didn't quit and when maybe they thought they might, he bitched them back to competing ... i think he's earned another year. 

@hf101  I don't see any shame in losing to the Hawks. They are a veteran experienced team with TONS of NHL playoff experience. Many very good teams have been left in their dusty trail!!  A coach should not be fired for losing to a Cup experienced powerhouse like the Hawks...especially when they are young and only getting better. They can learn from these losses to the Hawks. If they were regressing, I'd say sure, let him go....but that is not the case.

@yave1964 @mojo1917 @jammer2

The Wild finished only 2 pts behind the Hawks during the regular season, maybe without Kane's injury that wouldn't have been the case.  This isn't the case of the Wild not being able to be competitive with the Hawks, because they too are a talented team.  What strikes me as the difference between the two teams are the mental mistakes and the fact that the Wild didn't lead the series for a single minute in 4 games.  Some of that has to be placed on Yeo.  On paper this team is much more than the Wild teams of the last two years, and those teams were not swept against the same talented Hawks.  

I have to look at the mental mistakes played in this series, some of that has to play on the coach.  If you were to analyze the loss of this series by what has Yeo done to improve the team over the last 3 years to beat the Hawks?  I can't really say that there is a reason to keep him.

Archived