Callahan versus St.Louis

MSL is a classy guy and a great player.   Although I firmly believe the Rags are going to win this series I am rooting for Tampa Bay.   Rags are the better team in my opinion and it only tougher if RC is out for any sort of time.

I'm hoping Tampa wins this don't want Martin to have a second chance to get a ring!

I really like MSL, but I'm still cheering for Tampa.  It's actually the first series the Rangers have been in that I'm cheering against them.

To BOTH of you...

I am about as big a MSL fan you are likely to find (for sure the biggest on on this site most likely) and I'd LOVE nothing more for him to have his name on the Cup and get another ring one more time.

The problem here is, I DON'T want him getting it at the expense of the Lightning.

Other favorites of mine...Stamkos, Johnson, Palat, Hedman, Bishop....they don't have rings and I'd love for them to try and get one this year.

As much as I still care about MSL's career (and it pains me to see him struggle as he has been), fact is, he is wearing the wrong jersey for this series.

There are many Bolts fans that I know that have soured on him because he 'wanted out of Tampa Bay'.

While I understand that thinking, those people are wrong to quickly dismiss his contributions to the Lightning as a franchise...the LEGITIMACY he helped lend the team when they were still the joke of the league, while they struggled to get better and he was key when they finally achieved respectability.

So what if he wanted out? He and Steve Yzerman apparently didn't see eye to eye on a number of things.

Did those fans want MSL to stay and have his lingering animosity between player and GM? Something that could be a distraction to the team? A sideshow?

Or did those fans want Stevie Y out instead and keep MSL as he finishes the twilight of his career?

That last part, of course, would be asinine.

I think MSL being dealt, Stevie Y staying on (and getting a damned good player for MSL in Callahan, in addition to a 1st round pick), and everyone going their own way was best for all.

And I have, and continue to wish MSL the best.

In fact, he is one of the main reasons I root for the Rangers.

But I bleed Bolts black, blue, n silver (the REAL TB Lightning colors...screw Maple Leaf royal blue n white)....and thus, right now, MSL is in the way of Stamkos and his crew getting a Stanley Cup.

All the best to MSL....just not in this series.

;)

It won't just be Callahan vs the NY Rangers....it will also be Brian Boyle and Anton Stralman...two key players who helped the Rangers to their ECF championship win.

And on the other side, former Bolts MSL, Dominic Moore, and Dan Boyle.

I hope MSL gets a good ovation from the home crowd at Amalie when he is introduced prior to Game 3.

Class demands at least that.

I know he was well received during the regular season games, but the playoffs brings out so much competitiveness, I hope that isn't forgotten by the fans.

Same with the former Rangers when they are introduced at MSG.

Although to be fair, Callahan was the only one traded away....Brian Boyle and Stralman left via free agency.

I personally would like to see the Bolts win as they are my 2nd favorite team.  As somebody not from Philadelphia I've probably seen them play in person more than the Flyers given the number of times I am in Tampa. 

HOWEVER I selected more Rangers in my playoff pool so my pocket book it cheering for the Rangers.

Either way I am very excited to watch this series (and the other for that matter). 

GO BOLTS GO!!!   What if the winner of Hawks vs Ducks has nothing left in the tank after the Western Conference war??  I'm worried the NYR might come in well rested and catch the Western champ off guard.....GO BOLTS GO!!  

GET THE DAMN NYR OUUUUUUTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To BOTH of you...

I am about as big a MSL fan you are likely to find (for sure the biggest on on this site most likely) and I'd LOVE nothing more for him to have his name on the Cup and get another ring one more time.

The problem here is, I DON'T want him getting it at the expense of the Lightning.

Other favorites of mine...Stamkos, Johnson, Palat, Hedman, Bishop....they don't have rings and I'd love for them to try and get one this year.

As much as I still care about MSL's career (and it pains me to see him struggle as he has been), fact is, he is wearing the wrong jersey for this series.

There are many Bolts fans that I know that have soured on him because he 'wanted out of Tampa Bay'.

While I understand that thinking, those people are wrong to quickly dismiss his contributions to the Lightning as a franchise...the LEGITIMACY he helped lend the team when they were still the joke of the league, while they struggled to get better and he was key when they finally achieved respectability.

So what if he wanted out? He and Steve Yzerman apparently didn't see eye to eye on a number of things.

Did those fans want MSL to stay and have his lingering animosity between player and GM? Something that could be a distraction to the team? A sideshow?

Or did those fans want Stevie Y out instead and keep MSL as he finishes the twilight of his career?

That last part, of course, would be asinine.

I think MSL being dealt, Stevie Y staying on (and getting a damned good player for MSL in Callahan, in addition to a 1st round pick), and everyone going their own way was best for all.

And I have, and continue to wish MSL the best.

In fact, he is one of the main reasons I root for the Rangers.

But I bleed Bolts black, blue, n silver (the REAL TB Lightning colors...screw Maple Leaf royal blue n white)....and thus, right now, MSL is in the way of Stamkos and his crew getting a Stanley Cup.

All the best to MSL....just not in this series.

;)

I don't like how he left Tampa. I would be rooting for the Rangers otherwise!

Archived