Babcock has narrowed it down to 3....Detroit, Philly and Buffalo...

jammer2

At first I was guarding myself from getting my hopes up but now I do think the Flyers aren't interested in Babcock and that's pretty negligent on their part. Unless they themselves feel like they're rebuilding. How have they not even met with the guy? Man I'm so sick of watching good young hockey clubs get better and better while watching the Flyers circle-jerk with has-beens, never-weres, and Flyer retreads. I feel like they are wasting the best years G and Jake have to give with lack of direction and vision.

Could be that they just got the vibe Babcock wasn't really interested in the Philly gig. So why waste time and resources courting someone who isn't really interested?

Parise and Suter come to mind.

It's just a distraction from finding the right coach for this team.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OR...you keep the real search for a coach on the side....and work towards helping Babber drive up the price for the Wings. Could not hurt....but might make a rival Eastern Conference team cash strapped....or at least spend much, much more than they had planned on.

Could be that they just got the vibe Babcock wasn't really interested in the Philly gig. So why waste time and resources courting someone who isn't really interested?

Parise and Suter come to mind.

I suppose but it seemed from plenty others that he was interested. I wonder how they got the signals that crossed? The media does it with the Eagles all the time though so I guess its fine.

I suppose but it seemed from plenty others that he was interested. I wonder how they got the signals that crossed? The media does it with the Eagles all the time though so I guess its fine.

That's what the media does - it speculates. They will never ever get it better than the two people most directly involved - Babcock and Hextall. And we just don't have unfettered access to their world. 

That's what the media does - it speculates. They will never ever get it better than the two people most directly involved - Babcock and Hextall. And we just don't have unfettered access to their world. 

I imagine he goes back to Detroit. He might be blown away by a money offer but it would've to be significantly more.

I imagine he goes back to Detroit. He might be blown away by a money offer but it would've to be significantly more.

I agree that he'll probably be back in Detroit. It will be a travesty if he signs elsewhere and the Flyers don't even talk to him.

I apologize for the CBC news not getting this right....in fact, when the sportscaster mentioned this...I had envisioned it as a done deal, cause Philly should in theory, they should be able to outbid the other 2....so not only did my source suck....I got left my hopes up....geez.

Add the St. Louis Blues and San Jose Sharks to the list of teams willing to part with the necessary compensation to land the NHL's hottest free-agent coaching candidate.

Mike Babcock is said to have spoken with Blues general manager Doug Armstrong while taking in the World Championship in Prague, and will meet with the Sharks early this week before settling on a decision, according to MLive's Ansar Khan.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/766275

@hf101   Hmmmm, 2 new teams enter the fray, huh?  Has Philly sunk so low that the Sharks are now a more favourable destination?  WTF this is beyond sad. We went from the center of the hockey universe to the center of a lollipop real quick!!

@hf101   Hmmmm, 2 new teams enter the fray, huh?  Has Philly sunk so low that the Sharks are now a more favourable destination?  WTF this is beyond sad. We went from the center of the hockey universe to the center of a lollipop real quick!!

It doesn't surprise me in the least.  Hextall maybe isn't willing to part with a pick over a coach, especially if his first direction for a new coach wasn't Babcock in the first place.

overreaction much 

overreaction much 

Not really, the fact the Sabres, Sharks and Blues are in there negotiating with Babber and we are left by the side of the road like a orphan kid.....that would have NEVER happened just 3-4 years ago...Flyers would have been the go to organization, known as winners. This is just a sad statement on the real *true* damage that Homer did to this franchise...he single-handily wrecked our winning persona!!

@hf101 Hmmmm, 2 new teams enter the fray, huh? Has Philly sunk so low that the Sharks are now a more favourable destination? WTF this is beyond sad. We went from the center of the hockey universe to the center of a lollipop real quick!!

It's not really if Hexy thinks without doubt,regardless of who else is available that Dineen is his man...if so then he holds to his plan...like Chip keep to the plan/vision regardless of what outsiders think.

So i guess we have to remain patient...all of us arm chair quarterbacks...me included...i know like us all we want closure to who the next guy will be but i'm thinking Hexy doesn't want to say because his guy is still coaching.

Not really, the fact the Sabres, Sharks and Blues are in there negotiating with Babber and we are left by the side of the road like a orphan kid.....that would have NEVER happened just 3-4 years ago...Flyers would have been the go to organization, known as winners. This is just a sad statement on the real *true* damage that Homer did to this franchise...he single-handily wrecked our winning persona!!

The Sabres, Sharks and Blues have a combined zero Stanley Cups between them. Same as us....how were we considered "winners" then?

Hmmm, never know, huh?

Nope...but its fun speculating the speculators....right what do we have to do??

Me nothing i'm stuck at work till 7 am....going to be a long night...but it's friday for me i don't have to work again till next friday!!! ;)

@OccamsRazor  I start my rotation with the dreaded "night shift" tomorrow. It's a grueling 6pm to 6am.....one week we work Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun......yeah....ALL 12 hr shifts (it's friggin killer bro!)...and then the next week we have what we call our easy week...that is only working Wends and Thurs....so every second week I get Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat and Sun off....but the hard week is brutal to get through....a whole lot of eating, sleeping and working....rinse......repeat....

@OccamsRazor  I start my rotation with the dreaded "night shift" tomorrow. It's a grueling 6pm to 6am.....one week we work Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun......yeah....ALL 12 hr shifts (it's friggin killer bro!)...and then the next week we have what we call our easy week...that is only working Wends and Thurs....so every second week I get Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat and Sun off....but the hard week is brutal to get through....a whole lot of eating, sleeping and working....rinse......repeat....

I work 4 on then 4 off one month of days then one month nights...i go to days next friday!!!

Ahhhh, day shift....or as I call it..."the land of the living"....ha ha!!....right on time for the end of Conference finals and the SCF.......NICE....I'd much rather have your schedule right now!  I'll have to DVR the games....which sucks and is not the same.

The Sabres, Sharks and Blues have a combined zero Stanley Cups between them. Same as us....how were we considered "winners" then?

Um....check out team #2....yeah, that is 2nd best winning percentage of all time.....and starting to catch the Habs..........sooooo...

http://sportslistoftheday.com/2013/02/12/nhl-ranking-the-best-teams-of-all-time-by-points-percentage/

Archived