Babcock has narrowed it down to 3....Detroit, Philly and Buffalo...

jammer2

Just saw this on the CBC news, it's all come down to Philly, Red Wings and Sabres. Would be nice to be a fly on the wall during these negotiations. Flyers and Comcast have the most money out of the 3....but we all know Illitch and Peluga are more wild fans than frugal owners....this is gonna be a bidding war to end all bidding wars.....no cap...just which team wants it more.....I said 6.7 a year for 7 years......it could go to 8 mill for 8 years....LMAO, this is gonna be CRAZY. My gut says Detroit is on the list as a public relations ploy.....if he wanted to be a Wing, he would have already signed there....I think it's down to Buff and Philly myself.

Plllllleassssheeee Mr.Babcock, bring your great skills to Philly!!!  Imagine having a coach who is automatically smarter than the other coach....you start every game up before the puck is dropped due to Babber's awesome line matching and overall approach. His teams perform for him cause he's a class act, thus earning respect....his players would run into a brick wall for him...GOD PLEAAAAASSSSSSSSSHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw this on the CBC news, it's all come down to Philly, Red Wings and Sabres. Would be nice to be a fly on the wall during these negotiations. Flyers and Comcast have the most money out of the 3....but we all know Illitch and Peluga are more wild fans than frugal owners....this is gonna be a bidding war to end all bidding wars.....no cap...just which team wants it more.....I said 6.7 a year for 7 years......it could go to 8 mill for 8 years....LMAO, this is gonna be CRAZY. My gut says Detroit is on the list as a public relations ploy.....if he wanted to be a Wing, he would have already signed there....I think it's down to Buff and Philly myself.

Plllllleassssheeee Mr.Babcock, bring your great skills to Philly!!!  Imagine having a coach who is automatically smarter than the other coach....you start every game up before the puck is dropped due to Babber's awesome line matching and overall approach. His teams perform for him cause he's a class act, thus earning respect....his players would run into a brick wall for him...GOD PLEAAAAASSSSSSSSSHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised. 

But you know what? It can't be just about money - and in that case, I just can't see Buffalo as his choice. Lots of great young prospects, but the history in Buffalo is not good in terms of putting their money where their mouth is when push comes to shove. The Flyers have that history and would do anything to win, and Babcock knows that. 

I think it's Philly - Buffalo and Detroit are smokescreens.

The Flyers have that history and would do anything to win, and Babcock knows that.  I think it's Philly - Buffalo and Detroit are smokescreens.

Babcock  hates to lose so maybe it's the Flyers' home record against the Red Wings has some influence, for all but 2 recent season the Flyers are perennial Playoff contenders.  

Apparently Babcock hasn't met with Hextall yet according to CSN - saving the "best" for last !

Babcock  hates to lose so maybe it's the Flyers' home record against the Red Wings has some influence, for all but 2 recent season the Flyers are perennial Playoff contenders.  

Apparently Babcock hasn't met with Hextall yet according to CSN - saving the "best" for last !

Great point - the Flyers don't lose for very long. 

for all but 2 recent season the Flyers are perennial Playoff contenders.

Yeah but the Wings have been every year for a decade....hard to top that.  I think it might be Philly since we haven't heard anything nada, zilch really from Hexy.

Yeah but the Wings have been every year for two and a half decades....hard to top that.  I think it might be Philly since we haven't heard anything nada, zilch really from Hexy.

Fixed. Honestly, the Wings have been like the Devils during the Marty era on steroids. Every time you thought they'd slip, they found a way to sneak up and be good.

who from CBC said this? If it was Kypreos, then I wouldn't believe it at all

It was a story on the CBC sports part of the news telecast.....the sports caster read it as if it were fact, that's why I posted it....but weird part, I can't find anything similar today when I google babber and the 3 teams mentioned.

I was thinking if Detroit was still in the picture, then why was he not negotiating with them.....sounds to me like he's keeping them in the loop just to not appear rude, kinda leaving the door open for them to match but having his sights set on relocating. I wonder how Babber's relationship is with Holland....maybe that is the reason he might move on?

How can you consider a job you haven't been interviewed for? Unless there was a secret meeting between Hextall & Babcock in the mystery compound where Snider keeps all former Flyers, I call BS to this report.

How can you consider a job you haven't been interviewed for? Unless there was a secret meeting between Hextall & Babcock in the mystery compound where Snider keeps all former Flyers, I call BS to this report.

Mutual interest from before? I would imagine there have been conversations even though there hasn't been a meeting. He may have been intrigued before with an offer from Philly and thinks its a good fit on paper.

Mutual interest from before? I would imagine there have been conversations even though there hasn't been a meeting. He may have been intrigued before with an offer from Philly and thinks its a good fit on paper.

If that's true Bettman will probably fine the Flyers for tampering and take away all of the picks Hextall has been trying to obtain ;)

Unfortunately this is all speculation that cites speculation reported by other speculators citing speculation by other speculators.

Soooo... your saying he already signed in the KHL?  :ph34r:

However, on the day he was granted permission to talk there was a report from someone in the Babber camp that he was "intrigued" by a Flyers offer. Was he intrigued at the prospect of an offer from the Flyers which would indicate he already had the Flyers high on his list OR was he intrigued by an actual offer which would also indicate the Flyers are high on the list? Flip the coin on that one.

@idahophilly ha ha....to Comcast the difference between 4 mill and 8 mill is similar to us offering 20 bucks to 40 bucks.....lol. It's just a little drop in the bucket to a literally multi billion dollar enterprise. This is where the Flyers have a marked advantage....no cap for scouting or management positions....make Babber rich.....make it rain money if you are serious about winning. Babber gives us the best chance.....go get him!!!

That's stupid money and really not worth it. With that said, it's not my money and it doesn't hurt the cap so Snider, SIGN THAT CHECK!

I don't give a **** what they do with Comcast money so long as it benefits the Flyers. Comcast is evil. It may as well be evil for something I like.

Unfortunately this is all speculation that cites speculation reported by other speculators citing speculation by other speculators.

Sounds like you're speculating, rad.

;)

Plllllleassssheeee Mr.Babcock, bring your great skills to Philly!!! Imagine having a coach who is automatically smarter than the other coach....you start every game up before the puck is dropped due to Babber's awesome line matching and overall approach. His teams perform for him cause he's a class act, thus earning respect....his players would run into a brick wall for him...GOD PLEAAAAASSSSSSSSSHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!

My gut says this whole thing is a public relations ploy. I think he wants to be a wing, he just wants to get paid as much as he Can so he doesn't have to keep hearing about how he could be the highest paid such and such in the NHl.

I've been there (though with far fewer zeros). If you know you're worth more than you're getting but you want to keep doing what you're doing where you're doing it, you get some offers.

My gut says he stays in Detroit and it's just a matter of making sure Detroit is going to pony up enough.

Archived