3 Pens who could be traded during the off season

pilldoc

@Polaris922

@B21

Perhaps he is referring to this article?  http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/upgrading-the-penguins-from-within-goaltenders/

However, the viable candidates are only Matt Murray and Jeff Zatkoff

Matt Murray (WBS – AHL)

Murray attended training camp with Pittsburgh and is in his first pro season with Penguins AHL affiliate Wilkes-Barre/Scranton in 2014-15. Making a smooth transition from juniors, he has combined with veteran Jeff Zatkoff to form one of the better goaltending tandems in the AHL. Murray has the physical and technical attributes to be an NHL starter in the future and should continue to refine his game as he gains more pro experience.

Jeff Zatkoff (WBS – AHL)

Tristan Jarry: (Edmon – WHL)

Jarry attended the Canada U20 team's summer camp and was in training camp with the Penguins before being returned to Edmonton for his third WHL season in 2014-15. With several players having moved on the Oil Kings have slipped to the middle of the pack in the WHL but Jarry is once again seeing the bulk of the action. He also represented the WHL in the Subway Series against Russia though he was not chosen for Team Canada for the 2014 World Juniors. Long-term he has all the requisite skills to be a starting goalie at the NHL level one day and should benefit from the challenges and experienced gained with the rebuilding Oil Kings.

Sean Maguire: (Boston U. – NCAA)

• Talent Analysis

Sean Maguire is a hybrid goaltender who possesses a solid frame and very good overall natural talent. He is fairly athletic with good lateral movement, but most importantly he is a winner. Maguire has a tendency to maybe overplay the puck or scramble around too much in his crease. He is considered raw at this point, but has the size and athleticism to potentially develop into an NHL caliber goaltender.

• Future

Maguire will miss the 2014-15 season due to his injury situation

Eric Hartzell: (Wheeling (ECHL) / WBS (AHL)

Hartzell attended his second training camp with the Penguins before being assigned to Pittsburgh AHL affiliate Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and was subsequently loaned to the ECHL's Wheeling Nailers. The third of three talented Pittsburgh goalies at the minor level, he has played well when called upon at either the AHL or ECHL levels. While it is difficult to gauge Hartzell's ceiling as a prospect until he plays consistently at the AHL level, his skill set suggests that at the minimum he can be a reliable NHL backup one day.

As is clearly evidenced above, there is NO ONE in the Pens system who is currently better than MAF.  As a Flyers fan we pick on MAF for his shortcoming's in some recent playoff years, HOWEVER, he is an upper Tier goalie in the NHL.  To replace MAF with one of the above mentioned goalies, I doubt the Pens make the playoffs.

So I as again, @notfondajane, which goalie to you replace MAF with?

pick one anyone! Including me would be a better choice!

@pilldoc

Thank you!

Murray is 1-2 years away.  Jarry is 3-4.  Maguire 4+.  Hartzell is a Wild Card.  Zatkoff is nothing more than back-up material at this point.

zatkoff out played fleury but fleury contract says he can't be sent down

@B21

@Polaris922

zatkoff out played fleury but fleury contract says he can't be sent down

Please show me where Zatkoff outplayed MAF?

Zatkoffs 2014-15 stats with the Pens:

1 game / (0-1) / 1.62 GAA / 0.941 SV% with a total ice time of 36 min.

Surely you jest..... With a sample size that small, staticians would most like pass right over it.

Now with the WBS Baby Pens (AHL) - He shared time with Matt Murray

37 games / (18-14-4) / 2.45 GAA / 0.910 SV% - and that is against AHL talent, not NHL talent.

So please again, show me where Zatkoff outperformed  MAF.

Again, I am a Flyers fan and I really don't have a dog in the race, but to say the Pens have better options than MAF is simply not true, unless you make a trade. 

The only true statement you made is that MAF can't be sent to the AHL.

@B21

@Polaris922

Please show me where Zatkoff outplayed MAF?

Zatkoffs 2014-15 stats with the Pens:

1 game / (0-1) / 1.62 GAA / 0.941 SV% with a total ice time of 36 min.

Surely you jest..... With a sample size that small, staticians would most like pass right over it.

Now with the WBS Baby Pens (AHL) - He shared time with Matt Murray

37 games / (18-14-4) / 2.45 GAA / 0.910 SV% - and that is against AHL talent, not NHL talent.

So please again, show me where Zatkoff outperformed  MAF.

Again, I am a Flyers fan and I really don't have a dog in the race, but to say the Pens have better options than MAF is simply not true, unless you make a trade. 

The only true statement you made is that MAF can't be sent to the AHL.

Wow.

and he's not the goalie you say he is every one here knows he sucks unfortunately for some reason you don't want to admit it. You're entitle to your opinion.

The point of a discussion board is to discuss.  It is fine that you dislike MAF, I can careless, but to flat out say he sucks give not substance to your argument.  If you were telling a non-Pens fan he sucks, what would you tell him?  Why does he "suck"?  Does he not share his beer after games?  Does he not play nice in the sandbox?  He wants to watch girlie movies on the team bus?

Give us some substance....like..and this is is for example purposes only...He gives up to many juicy rebounds...he has no lateral movement from side to side...he plays too deep in the crease.....he does not play the angles correctly.

Personally, I love seeing MAF struggle, but like I said before, I don't have a dog in the race.  I'm just trying to figure out your disdain for MAF because you have yet to make it clear.   And yes...many of us Flyers fans know he becomes a head case come playoff time.

The point of a discussion board is to discuss. It is fine that you dislike MAF, I can careless, but to flat out say he sucks give not substance to your argument. If you were telling a non-Pens fan he sucks, what would you tell him? Why does he "suck"? Does he not share his beer after games? Does he not play nice in the sandbox? He wants to watch girlie movies on the team bus?

Give us some substance....like..and this is is for example purposes only...He gives up to many juicy rebounds...he has no lateral movement from side to side...he plays too deep in the crease.....he does not play the angles correctly.

Personally, I love seeing MAF struggle, but like I said before, I don't have a dog in the race. I'm just trying to figure out your disdain for MAF because you have yet to make it clear. And yes...many of us Flyers fans know he becomes a head case come playoff time.

Thank you.

I'm afraid it won't matter, but we Pens fans appreciate your effort on our behalf. We've been unable to get anything out of him but comments saying Fleury sucks. He doesn't discuss anything, but thanks for trying.

@Polaris922

In fairness, every fanbase has guys that do the same thing. I'm not a big Fleury fan, but he's nowhere near that bad. We have guys who hated Jeff Carter. I swear if Carter played his entire career elsewhere those same people would wish he was a Flyer.

Thank you.

I'm afraid it won't matter, but we Pens fans appreciate your effort on our behalf. We've been unable to get anything out of him but comments saying Fleury sucks. He doesn't discuss anything, but thanks for trying.

You are welcome.....as @flyercanuck mentioned in his following post, every fanbase has one.  We have one too, who shall remain nameless, who has a severe disdain for all things Giroux. 

Most hockey fans would generally agree, that while not total great, MAF is not has bad as this particular poster alludes too.  It is what it is...time to move on.

@Polaris922

In fairness, every fanbase has guys that do the same thing. I'm not a big Fleury fan, but he's nowhere near that bad. We have guys who hated Jeff Carter. I swear if Carter played his entire career elsewhere those same people would wish he was a Flyer.

Yeah - but they end to keep it in threads about Jeff Carter as opposed to randomly interjecting that he thinks Fleury stinks at every possible opportunity.  I'm surprised it hasn't shown up in the Game of Thrones thread.

Archived