Hawks win the cup, so what's next around the league?

TheHockeytown

Now that the 2014-2015 season is in the books, and the Chicago Blackhawks have hoisted the Stanley Cup yet again, what's next around the league?

A good question around the league right now is, will the Pittsburgh Penguins send Malkin somewhere else?

... a better question is, when in the hell will this Glendale (cough, drama) saga end?

Give some input.

Well we have the spectacle (some might say freak show) of an awards show in Vegas up next. But, overall it's into the nitty gritty meat of the off season. UFA season and the draft. Teams need to do all the trades and maneuvering now. Sometimes it might seem boring but the next 30-40 days go a long way to whom is building the next champion and one thing is for sure, there is gonna be a lot of numbers crunching and fan debates coming. The only really boring time is August unless your team happens to do something. I recall going nearly 3 weeks without hardly a scrap of news, almost a full day would often go by with out a shout in the shout box. 

I would sit with shakes of hockey withdrawal, a bead of sweat dribbling down my face on some hot August night while I dreamed a cold dream of ice.

And then a breeze will blow. Training camp talk and anticipation will start to build. 

But before then I think this will be a fascinating summer (and in Flyer land there is little doubt of that). 

A final note: For a playoff season in which my Flyers never laced up a skate that was one fantastic playoffs this year. I was able to watch many games with my elderly father and remember back to all the games he took me to at the spectrum when I was a little boy. Just like the commercials, it was priceless...

Free agency is the most wonderful time of the summer. Except for when Ken Holland wakes up at 3:00 PM on July 1st and realizes "oh damn, I'm supposed to be improving the team! *snooze button*"

Free agency is the most wonderful time of the summer. Except for when Ken Holland wakes up at 3:00 PM on July 1st and realizes "oh damn, I'm supposed to be improving the team! *snooze button*"

lol!!

I'd rather the snooze button than Doug Wilson thinking "gotta get Burish, Scott, Hannan and Brown locked up!"

Now that the 2014-2015 season is in the books, and the Chicago Blackhawks have hoisted the Stanley Cup yet again, what's next around the league?

A good question around the league right now is, will the Pittsburgh Penguins send Malkin somewhere else?

... a better question is, when in the hell will this Glendale (cough, drama) saga end?

Give some input.

What's next is for the Coyotes to win the Stanley Cup next year and be the first team in NHL history to hold a parade down empty streets, and have no mention of them in the local newspaper or on TV.  :thumbsu:

It'll be Buttman's dream final: Coyotes vs Panthers.

Also, this marks the second year in a row that the Leafs biggest off-season acquisition is a suit, not a player. Last year it was Shanahan, and this year it is Babcock.

:confused[1]:

Perhaps Toronto should have a parade just for the fun of it. A parade to celebrate "nothing". :thumbsu:

Archived