POLL: greatest player in St. Louis Blues history

yave1964

the greatest Blues player  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the greatest player in Blues history?

• Brett Hull
    • Bernie Federko
    • Mike Liut
    • Gary Unger
    • Al MacInnis
    • Brian Sutter

m5L1EJQ_UwZ3naKiyHrlm1A.jpg With all due respect to Glenn Hall, Red Berenson and the Plager brothers...... The choices for the greatest player in Blues history are:

BRETT HULL: All time leader in goals with 527 and second in points with 936, during his stint with the Blues he had years of 72, 86 and 70 goal seasons, all leading the league, he won a Hart, won a Bing, a Pearson and was a three time first team alll star.

BERNIEm3rbryYlyW9LvYqrmcoIUZg.jpg FEDERKO: All time Blues leader in assists (721) and points (1073) he could put it in the net too, second all time in Blues history with 352 goals. Scored 100 points or more in  a season 4 times. Never led the league in any category nor did he win a major award but was a heck of a set up man.

MIKE LIUT:  The all time leader in starts (347) and wins (151) his portion of his career in a Blues sweater overall was more impressive in net than Fuhr or Cujo. First team all star, runner up for the Hart in 80-81.

BRIAN SUTTER: of the Sutter Clutte is third all time in almost every category, third in games played, goals, assists, points,  underrated player spent his entire 12 year career with the Blues.

AL MACCINNIS Known for his time with the Flames but he put the Blues on the map teaming with Pronger with his booming slapper. 4th all time in assists and 6th all time in scoring among all blues which is damn impressive when you consider that only a part of his career was spent under the arch. First team All Star a couple of times in St. Louis and won a Norris once.

GARRY UNGER: mLBAbe2YkxoD1i2YT_nFLLg.jpg tHE iRON MAN OF his generation who would have made Tony Stark proud. Known for setting the all time consecutive games played record since broken, and for turning in 30 goal, 70 point seasons like punching a clock.

For Joethornton, I did not list Oates because he was only in St. Louis a couple of years. I nearly listed Glenn Hall but again, only a few seasons.

WHO AM I???mfewWh0J535ttIxMdPJo_MQ.jpg I am going to start something a little different at the bottom of the page just for the heck of it, a who am i section, at the end of the team MVP section I am going to put a photo of a player, obscure or at the least not well known and see who can guess it. No prize, just bragging rights. so who is this Blues goalie?

@ScottM

DINGDINGDING!! I didn't even have to get into the hints. Good job on that!

I had to go with Hull too.

When going thru this list I was shocked at how few Blues goalies of note there are. A little bit of Hall and Cujo and Fuhr and Plante's careers, no real homegrown goalie heroes to speak of. 150 wins for the all time leader? That is 4 good seasons. Has to be among the thinnest goalie leaders out there.

@ScottMDINGDINGDING!! I didn't even have to get into the hints. Good job on that!I had to go with Hull too.When going thru this list I was shocked at how few Blues goalies of note there are. A little bit of Hall and Cujo and Fuhr and Plante's careers, no real homegrown goalie heroes to speak of. 150 wins for the all time leader? That is 4 good seasons. Has to be among the thinnest goalie leaders out there.

It is pretty thin. I found that when I did my all-time Blues team. Arguably, their best goaltending was at the beginning with a couple of past their prime HOF'ers.

Al MacInnis for the win. That dude could slap a puck into orbit. 

I was at a game maybe 13-14 years ago behind the Flyers net and he ripped one from the point that I literally had to duck as I thought it was going to shatter the glass. 

Al MacInnis for the win. That dude could slap a puck into orbit. 

I was at a game maybe 13-14 years ago behind the Flyers net and he ripped one from the point that I literally had to duck as I thought it was going to shatter the glass. 

Forget the glass, Al broke the friggin boards!!

@yave1964, I believe you should just not do this for every team, as there are going to be some fairly obvious answers for some teams that probably everyone will unanimously agree on, plus it will save you alot of time ;) . but if you still plan on doing it for every team, maybe for the more obvious ones do a second greatest player in (insert team) history? idk, just a suggestion. And good work!!!

@yave1964, I believe you should just not do this for every team, as there are going to be some fairly obvious answers for some teams that probably everyone will unanimously agree on, plus it will save you alot of time ;) . but if you still plan on doing it for every team, maybe for the more obvious ones do a second greatest player in (insert team) history? idk, just a suggestion. And good work!!!

Something I have seriously been considering! Thanks!

Archived