Eklund write up on Flyers

brelic

Interesting to read if not for the "rumours", at least for his take on the make up of this team.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/The-year-in-Rumors-Preview--Starting-in-Philly-with-a-HUGE-Logjam/1/71248

It's worth taking a look at the entire post (it's quite long). Here's the rumour portion of it.

---

So what will happen?

The Flyers are trying to make a trade now...…there is no doubt about it. 

Possibilities are varied. 

I have [heard] the Ottawa Senators have interest in both of the Schenns and possibly Vinny Lecavalier…who last year I heard nixed a trade to the Sens. The Predators, especially Laviolette, are also still interested in Vinny. 

The Hurricanes are scouting the Flyers closely too…they have interest in Cousins and B. Schenn.

The Oilers like Robert Hagg and Morin… The Flyers would want them to probably take on RJ as well. Although that part is just speculation from one source.

And then there is Dustin Byfuglien and the Bruins. The Flyers may be forced into making a move for Dustin now or they will never get him. The Jets will only be moving him if they believe they won't be able to bring him back…and they are loaded with prospects… 

Flyers history tells us that whenever they have this many capable players they like to make a big deal of several players for one big piece. However, this is Hextall and patience. 

Whatever happens from here Flyers fans aren’t going to be happy seeing all these great players NOT on the big squad if this team under-performs. Something has to give....and in a big way.

Hey, an article from Eklund that seems credible, and not originally written in crayon. If Byfuglien will somehow lessen the icetime of MacDonald or get him traded altogether, I'm all for it. Hopefully, Byfuglien will keep himself in good shape here. As far as the Vinny situation goes, I'll take just about anything for him at this point. Gift wrap him with a bow on it to Lavy's office labeling it "non-returnable" if he wants him in Nashville.

Hey, an article from Eklund that seems credible, and not originally written in crayon. If Byfuglien will somehow lessen the icetime of MacDonald or get him traded altogether, I'm all for it. Hopefully, Byfuglien will keep himself in good shape here. As far as the Vinny situation goes, I'll take just about anything for him at this point. Gift wrap him with a bow on it to Lavy's office labeling it "non-returnable" if he wants him in Nashville.
Credible COMPARED to other Eklund articles. Fixed it.

Bringing in Buff-aload would kind of throw the whole "rebuilding" thing down the toilet.  I thought the idea was to get rid of some of these stupid contracts, not swap for another one.  Two years ago I would've jumped at the chance.  Now it's time to develop the kids.  I just wish the Flyers had a qualified coach to teach and mentor the defensemen.  Not a Gord Murphy or Riley Cote (in Lehigh Valley) fan.

Archived