Sidney Crosby Pointless In 5 games

JagerMeister

I know I am on medicine because I am sick and have a temperature, but I am not hallucinating. I just saw Sidney Crosby score a goal.
all I could say is,it's about time! I hope it continues! Pens, Caps next week, is your calendar marked?

@notfondajane Well, I am certainly not a Penguins. Actually they are my least favorite team. :) I just can't see Crosby going much farther without a point and some players are very streaky. So when he gets his first it could be watch out as he could go on a rampage.

@teenagemutantninjahertl I certainly am not hoping for this as the Penguins are definitely my least favorite team in the NHL. I would love to see the streak to continue to 2016. :) Even though I don't like the Penguins I do hope Crosby is not hurting(concussion or anything else), because I never wish an injury on any player.

I'm with you on that! I am guessing that he had to get used to new linemates! I am hoping that Johnston keeps the line together for awhile! I expecting the Pens to fall flat again like they did last season! I'm hoping to get a lot of wins early! I'm not sure which team will show up on Thursday against Dallas! I'mhhoping for a better showing than opening night!

I was thinking the acquisition of Kessel might take some of the pressure of Sid, more players available to shoulder the offensive load......and how would McDavid's debut have anything to do with Sid?

I would guess media attention would focus more on McDavid since he would be the new kid on the block!

I'm with you on that! I am guessing that he had to get used to new linemates! I am hoping that Johnston keeps the line together for awhile! I expecting the Pens to fall flat again like they did last season! I'm hoping to get a lot of wins early! I'm not sure which team will show up on Thursday against Dallas! I'mhhoping for a better showing than opening night!

The thing with the Penguins in my opinion is if you look at their team on paper you would say, how in the **** does this team lose. I mean they have Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Letang, and Fleury. I sometimes think a team like the Penguins have too many options to score and that hurts the team. I know that doesn't make much sense, but it is basically my thinking because those great players try to score all the time instead of playing team hockey.

The thing with the Penguins in my opinion is if you look at their team on paper you would say, how in the **** does this team lose. I mean they have Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Letang, and Fleury. I sometimes think a team like the Penguins have too many options to score and that hurts the team. I know that doesn't make much sense, but it is basically my thinking because those great players try to score all the time instead of playing team hockey.

But you also have Scuderi, Lovejoy and a defensive core whom can't move Peewee Herman from the from of the net.  Lovejoy and Scuds are just bad and take whatever talent that they are matched up with to cover for them.  But there is no physicality at all on the Pens blue line. The game plan is to back into the zone(heaven forbid they stand someone up at the blue line, or hit someone).  This is a clear change from the years of orpik, or even having Bortozzo and Despres around(I'll never forgive Rutherford for the LovejoyDespres trade. It will go down in my opinion as one of the worst trades in Penguins history).

They are setting themselves up to have another good regular season, and get knocked out early by a physical team.  Yes its great to have Letang, Maata and Doumolin who skate great and can move the puck well. But you have to get the puck first. 

If you put Bort and Despres in this lineup instead of The Rev and Scuds THEN I'd give them a great chance this year.  As it is, Fleury's going to have to stand on his head.

But you also have Scuderi, Lovejoy and a defensive core whom can't move Peewee Herman from the from of the net.  Lovejoy and Scuds are just bad and take whatever talent that they are matched up with to cover for them.  But there is no physicality at all on the Pens blue line. The game plan is to back into the zone(heaven forbid they stand someone up at the blue line, or hit someone).  This is a clear change from the years of orpik, or even having Bortozzo and Despres around(I'll never forgive Rutherford for the LovejoyDespres trade. It will go down in my opinion as one of the worst trades in Penguins history).

They are setting themselves up to have another good regular season, and get knocked out early by a physical team.  Yes its great to have Letang, Maata and Doumolin who skate great and can move the puck well. But you have to get the puck first. 

If you put Bort and Despres in this lineup instead of The Rev and Scuds THEN I'd give them a great chance this year.  As it is, Fleury's going to have to stand on his head.

What it sounds like the Penguins need is a  physical D-Man like Zach Bogosian. Someone to stir things up.

Lovejoy and Scuds are just bad and take whatever talent that they are matched up with to cover for them. But there is no physicality at all on the Pens blue line.

A lot of people never really gave much thought to Scott Harrington being tossed into that trade for Kessel, but he was a really nice skating defensive d-man with some physicality to his game. He was a bigger loss than most thought. He was rarely mentioned when discussing that deal, Kapanen got all the press, but Harrington will be missed....a quality d-man with a good head on his shoulder and very nice feel for the game.

He is not a first-line material. It is quite obvious based on the first 6 games of the season...  :ph34r:

Yes, this thread seems like a joke, but 5 games is his worst pointless streak. Ever. In addition to that, he wasn't even a ppg player during the second half of last season. So I think this thread is justified.

do know if the Pens have their first round pick in the 2016 draft?

Crosby is no longer pointless, yet he has still only accumalated points in one game, pointless in 7 out of 8 games.

Crosby is no longer pointless, yet he has still only accumalated points in one game, pointless in 7 out of 8 games.

It's the Kessel curse I tell ya, he has secretly poisoned that team from the inside on out......LOL!

It's the Kessel curse I tell ya, he has secretly poisoned that team from the inside on out......LOL!

we' ll give you Kessell for a peanut butter and jelly sammich and we will also throw in Fleury for a chocolate chip cookie! Would you like to make this a deal? :)

Archived