Please stop the madness

Jmdodgesrt4

Couturier was caught looking the other way, Zac pretty much blindsided him. It was a dick move totally unnecessary. I love Zac's big open ice hits when they're clean. This was him using his forearms right to Couturier's face and squashing him along the boards for good measure.

I hope he's not concussed. The more we learn about brain injuries the worse the prognosis gets for quick recovery.

Couturier was engaged in a puck battle with another player.  of course he was "looking the other way" .  i thought that hit was dirty dirty dirty.  

Made me wonder if Zac and Sean didn't get along when Zac played for us....that just looked too deliberate to me. 

Poor judgement at the very least and this has been his problem since he entered the league.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Couturier was engaged in a puck battle with another player.  of course he was "looking the other way" .  i thought that hit was dirty dirty dirty.  

Made me wonder if Zac and Sean didn't get along when Zac played for us....that just looked too deliberate to me. 

Poor judgement at the very least and this has been his problem since he entered the league.

Obviously it was deliberate but I don't think it was horribly filthy dirty....more like unnecessary and stupid, warrants a suspension mostly bc Rinaldo is a repeat offender so he deserves to sit some games. It sure wasn't the worst hit he's delivered, I hope Shanahan doesn't go too crazy dealing out justice.

Frankly I don't care what he gets I'm more concerned with Couturier, getting him back in the lineup.

Coots is not a 2c. Pretty apparent 5 games in and why is manning still playing over schenn?

Coots most definitely is a 2c. Let him get acclimated to the role before considering it a bust after 5 games. Coots was a guy who was given nothing but crap defensive assignments his entire time in Philadelphia. It's going to take some time for him to re-learn his offensive role and to think more about offense than defense. And from what I've seen, he definitely hasn't looked out of place. If you want to start laying blame, lay blame at the 16.5 million dollar players who have only showed up in a few glimpses so far this year.

Coots most definitely is a 2c. ... It's going to take some time for him to re-learn his offensive role and to think more about offense than defense.

Exactly. How about giving the guy a full season, or (god forbid) even two? This is what developing a player looks like; it's what most of us say we want, for the Flyers  to "grow their own" and quit eating their young.

Couturier turns 23 in December. If Hakstol (and his staff) are committed to developing his offense this is a great time to do it. He's young, the team is young, Hextall is shedding dead weight, etc. Give him whatever time it takes and maybe - if the hockey gods are good to us - maybe when he's a reliable 2C, producing points regularly so also will the team be tighter, more mature and ready to seriously compete for the Cup.

Archived