Please stop the madness

Jmdodgesrt4

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think schenn will make a difference.

Maybe.......but Manning (-2 tonight)sure did he gave the Stars the 1st goal with his misplay of the puck..yeah maybe Mase should have stopped that...but...ah f**k it there goes two points pissed down the drain...Niemi is a thorn in the side again...

They still only had one goal. And that one wasn't really a "shot" either. I'm beginning to think the offense isn't any better then the defence.

Now I'm not saying "trade everything" but I think Hexy must know this offense is not meshing well and something needs to change.

I wouldn't be saying this this early in the season, but it was the same crap last year.

"offense isn't any better than the defense."

The team defense is actually doing pretty good. The offense sucks. The forwards are helping out on defense and doing well with it, but they will scare no one on offense.

It's going to be a long season of trying to beat teams 2-1,2-0,or 1-0. If they're feeling really saucy, they'll score a third (probably empty net). But that's what it's going to be this year.

There's simply no fire power there. We don't have forwards in the system, we've got millions sitting in the press box, and nowhere to go with the cap. I'm afraid we have to wait it out watching the Philly Devils probably through next year.

They still only had one goal. And that one wasn't really a "shot" either. I'm beginning to think the offense isn't any better then the defence.

Now I'm not saying "trade everything" but I think Hexy must know this offense is not meshing well and something needs to change.

I wouldn't be saying this this early in the season, but it was the same crap last year.

The lack of goals is concerning but I'm not ready to hit the panic button just yet.  They are still only 5 games into this with a new coach and a very tough early season schedule.   I don't see what type of change right now could really spark anything long term.  The dead weight you would want to move is unmovable and there is no sense trading a younger player since the franchise is still in the toddler stage of rebuilding and not in any position to contend.  I know its frustrating but for now they just need to stay the course.  

And the top line is based upon two guys who have scored more than 25 goals twice in 14 combined seasons?

You don't say...

Exactly. And, really, look at their 5v5 last year and zero production this year. I'll warn you: it ain't pretty.

And that's the BEST they've got. It's a long walk between G&V and the rest of the team. If they play as a cohesive unit, they'll steal some games, but they are still a lottery team.

It's a long walk between G&V and the rest of the team.

Really? Yeah I guess it's a long look up. They both have a combined 1 point. I think the team is carrying those two. Hopefully they plan on earning that combined 16+ million....

I've been very encouraged by what I've seen out of them defensively since the game in Florida vs. the Panthers. They are playing physical, and smart brand of defensive hockey and are for the most part letting Mason and Neuvirth see the puck. The stats don't lie, however. This team is what it is, a one-line team with a little help from Simmonds.  You know the saying "You can't get blood from a stone." The scoring is extremely limited, and they are still learning a new system. They have to un-Berube themselves.The defense isn't going to help ignite any offense for long stretches, either. They have three games coming up, at home versus the Bruins, in NYC versus the Rangers, and then versus Eichel and the Sabres in Buffalo. If the defense continues to play well, they should win two of those games. 

Really? Yeah I guess it's a long look up. They both have a combined 1 point. I think the team is carrying those two. Hopefully they plan on earning that combined 16+ million....

In terms of skill, not results. Even results actually when comparing history vs. history. I know some others have scored one or two this year, but no one is looking up or down at anyone this year (except VLC, who isn't even good enough to play in this **** heap).

Speaking of Vinny, what would it hurt (probably a lot on defense)?

Well I'm shocked that a team with VLC/Umberger/McDuds contracts wasting $14 million in capspace and a defence that scares nobody and with Michael Raffl as your top LWer isn't kicking ass and taking names around the NHL.

Shocked I tell ya!  :blink[1]:

Archived