LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2015-2016

pilldoc

15 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Friedman is just a sophomore some i think he'll get signed after next year.

Why would you say Willcox won't even get signed?

He is a stay at home Dman and a right hand shot....he will get signed. 6-4 200 yeah i expect him to be a Phantom.

Just havent read much about the Flyers being interested in signing Willcox. As for Friedman, he's 20 now, so I expect the Flyers to push hard to sign him this summer.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/8/2016 at 9:05 AM, RJ8812 said:

Just havent read much about the Flyers being interested in signing Willcox. As for Friedman, he's 20 now, so I expect the Flyers to push hard to sign him this summer.

I thought Hextall said they weren't going to rush Friedman and that they'd wait the four years for him. Right now, he's getting a boat load of ice time, plays in all situations and special teams and is refining his defensive game. I don't know if the offense will translate at the NHL level, but he could certainly end up being a Timonen-like player in the defensive zone.

Last night - Phantoms leading Scranton/Wilkes-Barre 5-2 with less than 10 minutes left in game.  Lose it 6-5 in OT.  Morin -1 again last night and Stolarz falls apart once more.  I pray they find some actual talent for the Phantoms for next year.  Watching this is worse than a season ticket to the Iron Pigs.

4 minutes ago, Poconono said:

Last night - Phantoms leading Scranton/Wilkes-Barre 5-2 with less than 10 minutes left in game.  Lose it 6-5 in OT.  Morin -1 again last night and Stolarz falls apart once more.  I pray they find some actual talent for the Phantoms for next year.  Watching this is worse than a season ticket to the Iron Pigs.

Well considering there was only two + players on the entire roster I don't think it's fair to blame the rookie defenceman for being -1. 

On 3/8/2016 at 9:05 AM, RJ8812 said:

Just havent read much about the Flyers being interested in signing Willcox.

Yeah and i never have read where they weren't interested. When he was drafted he said graduating was key for him they said he needed time to develop.

So he took the 4 year to do that. I've never read a bad word or review about the kid. He is a stay at home guy who they say skates well and is a right hand shot and he is said to have a heavy shot from the point he just needs to start using more.

But is solid in his own zone and could use some time to put a little more size on and work on his physical game a little more. Just what the AHL is for.

As far as Friedman goes he has struggled some this year from what i've read but he is young still and is suppose to have a nice upside...and also another right hand shot.

He will have to be signed next year after his junior year since he has spent some time in a development league before going to college.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Well considering there was only two + players on the entire roster I don't think it's fair to blame the rookie defenceman for being -1. 

True.

The Phantoms needs some more skill for sure losing guys they were thinking would be around hurts...Laughton, Cousins and Ghost not being there hurts from the skill stand point as well...but either way they can use some size at forward. They have a whooping 2 forwards who are at least 6-1. Colin Mcdonald and Phil Desimone and neither of those guys are anything special and have really no upside and are AHLers at best.

So they are basically a bunch of smurfs!!!

10 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

But that's the line for Morin all too often.  One of the worst plus/minuses on the team yet his usual defensive partner, Mark Alt, is +9.   To me he's been the biggest disappointment in an extremely disappointing Phantoms' season.  I should've known after all these years not to believe the front office's hype.  Certainly not a bust (yet) but I fail to see any reason to believe this guy is a franchise cornerstone.  Too nice a kid.  He doesn't have that nasty/obnoxious streak the great defensive defensemen possess.

24 minutes ago, Poconono said:

But that's the line for Morin all too often.  One of the worst plus/minuses on the team yet his usual defensive partner, Mark Alt, is +9.   To me he's been the biggest disappointment in an extremely disappointing Phantoms' season.  I should've known after all these years not to believe the front office's hype.  Certainly not a bust (yet) but I fail to see any reason to believe this guy is a franchise cornerstone.  Too nice a kid.  He doesn't have that nasty/obnoxious streak the great defensive defensemen possess.

I don't think anyone projected him to be a franchise cornerstone. His draft projection was 2nd pairing defenseman as a ceiling. 

Provorov is a different story. He has the pedigree to be a true number 1.

24 minutes ago, Poconono said:

I know you watch the Phantoms, and have seen Morin play more than I have over the past season.

But you have to remember, the kid is 20. He's a rookie trying to figure out the pro game. He was drafted as a project. That means it was assumed he would take longer than your averaged sized player because he's a big galoot who needs to get used to being 6'7" 230-240-250 lbs or whatever he ends up being. 

Again, he's 20. If he still looks bad at 23, I'll start being concerned. 

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Oh and Happy Birthday...he's all of 19 today.

And not in the NHL yet??

What a bum just like Morin!!!!

Why do the Flyers always get the busts!!!!!!!

I figured Morin's name should've been in the Norris conversation this year.....just goes to show you...............................he is suk!!!!:56ce531864bc1_PostAwardsm:

Provorov 2 a 2nd star last night. (5g 6a 11 pts +14 over last 5 games opposition has 9 total goals ....Appleyard)

Sanheim 1g 1a 2nd star

Fazleev 1a

Konecny 1g 1a 1st star

Aube-Kubel 3a 1st star

Not a bad night for Flyer prospects.

.@JonCheddar Good call. I thought Reece Wilcox from Cornell was a junior...but this was his senior season and they were just eliminated.

Reece Wilcox of Cornell was Rd 5 selection of Flyers in 2012. Cornell is outside realistic contention for NCAA at-large. Will be interesting

If they don't get an at large bid he could be joining the Phantoms soon.

Oskar Lindblom's season is over as well wonder if he'll be coming over???

On 2/26/2016 at 8:45 AM, flyercanuck said:

Konecny 2g 1a 2nd star (what does he do this every single game since the trade?)

Sorry to use this old quote.

Not my choice on my phone this automatically pops into the box.

Can't figure ouy how to delete old quote but it let me delete my original response just so i could add this one.

So i know there is along way to go to even secure a playoff spot but i was still wondering. If the Flyers are going to do some damage if they make it they are going to need some more skill than what they have.

So the only way they can add a Provorov or say a Sanheim or even Koenecny for the playoffs their junior team needs to be out of the playoffs and done for year right?

SSom

Sarnia win tonight claim the west title...so no TK on the Phantoms or Flyers for awhile.

http://new.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/sting-seize-west-division-title

Ivan with 3 assist in their win. I  think he will now lead all WHL dmen now.

Travis one assist in their win.

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sorry to use this old quote.

Not my choice on my phone this automatically pops into the box.

Can't figure ouy how to delete old quote but it let me delete my original response just so i could add this one.

So i know there is along way to go to even secure a playoff spot but i was still wondering. If the Flyers are going to do some damage if they make it they are going to need some more skill than what they have.

So the only way they can add a Provorov or say a Sanheim or even Koenecny for the playoffs their junior team needs to be out of the playoffs and done for year right?

SSom

Yes, and Sarnia could very well make at least the Western Conference Finals.

Provorov, IMO is going to the Memorial Cup. Sanheim should be available earlier. Not that that's going to save us.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Not that that's going to save us

Yes you're right.....but man looking at his competition he sure would be upgrade over Manning and i'm sure he could help the struggling PP.  

A 3A, +2 game for Provorov tonight. Now has 72 PTS (21 G, 51A) and is +63 in 60 GP. Two RS games left for Brandon.

With assist on twin brother Taylor's SHG, Travis Sanheim now at 65 PTS (14-51-65); same as last yr (15-50-65) but in 17 fewer GP this yr.

Between 67s & Sting this season, Konecny has 96 PTS (7+21G, 38+30A, 51+45 PTS) in 59 GP (29+30). Has 3 RS games left to hit 100-PT level.

Archived