LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2015-2016

pilldoc

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason he made the team was because he had decent camp and is on a cheap contract

Yes. But just looking back over Homer's tenure as GM and the start of Hextall's how have the Dmen worked out???

Kevin Marshall

Luca Sbisa- traded away to soon it seems.

M.A. Bourdon

I know he wasn't pick by the Flyer but boy wouldn't John Carlson been a great draft pick for the Flyers in this draft. Just what the need a 6-2 218 right handed shot!!!! But nope they traded the pick away for Steve friggin Eminger!!! DAMN THAT STILL PISSES ME OFF!!!

Simon Bertilsson

Oliver Lauridsen

Nick Luukko-career AHLer it seems 

Ricard Blidstrand

Colin Sullentrop

Shayne Gostisbehere-in the AHL

Fredrik Larsson

Reece Willcox-senior in college

Valeri Vasiliev-minors in the KHL-didn't even know they had minors...not looking good

Sam Morin-AHL

Robert Hagg-AHL

Terrence Amorosa-sophomore in college

David Drake-sophomore in college

Travis Sanheim-junior...pretty sure he'll be in the AHL next year

Mark Friedman-sophomore in college

Jesper Pettersson-AHL

Ivan Provorov-juniors maybe one more year after this one...not sure.

And as you can see it's a extensive list...and i didn't even add the undrafted free agents Homer signed that didn't make it. But some are still in college at the end of the list or still in juniors and the jury is out on them but most are bust and never even got a chance in the NHL. So in reference to Alt i was just wondering which pile he will be tossed into....if he even gets a chance.

He is in the last year of his entry level contract and with the sad shape of this blueline if the kid isn't given a chance even then it's more than likely the trade Homer made that included him was just a garbage trade. But he had some great scouting reports and i was hope eventually he could help till the rest of the kids arrive. After watching the current turds on the blueline i'd like to see him get a game in when the cap situation allows it.

Manning (who was a free agent signing) is garbage.

This is the first i heard of Sanheim being hurt...not sure how serious it is.

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN  23m23 minutes ago Calgary, Alberta
Hextall wanted to see prospect Travis Sanheim play but he was injured last night

@OccamsRazor

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2016/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Patrik-Laine

Patrik Laine

Ht/Wt: 6' 4"/210 lbs
Position: RW
Team: Tappara (SWE)

Elite Propects 2014Laine is a towering forward with a knack for scoring goals. A good skater, albeit not the most agile forward in traffic. Has a set of soft hands combined with good vision, but prefers to use his heavy shot. Sometimes dangles too long. Likes to play physical, but doesn't get carried away by hitting the opponents.

• Drafted 2015, round 2 #36 overall by Dinamo Riga in the KHL Draft
  • Drafted 2015, round 1 #24 overall by Sarnia Sting in the CHL Import Draft

http://scouting-factory.blogspot.com/2015/04/patrik-laine.html

Patrik Laine
Team: LeKi Patrik%2BLaine.jpg photo by iltalehti.fi

League: Mestis
Position: RW
Born: 19th April 1998
Height: 6.4       
Weight: 209
Draft eligible for NHL Draft 2016

Size/Strength Excellent
Skating
Average
Shot/Scoring
Good
Puckhandling
Good
Physical Play
Good
Offensive Play
Good
Defensive Play Good
Hockey Sense
Good
Competitiveness
Good
 Report Card – Excellent, Good, Average, Below Average, Poor

Strengths
1. Puckhandling
2. Size/Strength
3. Good Defensive Mind

Area’s For Improvement
1. Skating Agility
2. First Steps
3. Explosiveness

Scouting Report:
A towering power forward who uses his size to protect the puck and winning corner battles. Has good vision and an accurate shot. Is a very good puckhandler and very calm while carrying the puck, never panicks. Doesn't need a lot of space and keeps calm also with defenders pressuring him. A good pass receiver, able to handle inaccurate passes and bouncing pucks. Plays a responsible role in his own zone. Needs to work on his skating agility and is not an explosive skater. Possesses a good hand-eye coordination. Laine will be eligible for the 2016 draft, where he should be considered a top prospect. Plays good in all three zones and understand the game very well.             

NHL Potential: Power Forward, who has a great size and is good in both zones.

http://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-draft-patrik-laines-stock-is-rising/

NHL Draft: Patrik Laine’s Stock Is Rising Is He a Top 3 Prospect?

While Matthews and defenceman Jakob Chychrun are the first and second overall picks in most of the rankings, the race for the third overall spot seems to be more open currently. By end of last season Finnish forward Jesse Puljujarvi looked like a safe third overall in most of the rankings. As of now some scouting agencies have Laine slipped into the top three. Hockeyprospect for example has him at number three in their September update, while FutureConsiderations sees him still behind Puljujarvi at number four. ISSHockey listed him at number six in their October list.

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/feature-story/youngblood-preliminary-2016-nhl-draft-rankings-2/

7. Patrik Laine, RW (Tappara, Liiga)

The 2016 draft class is trending towards players combining above-average size, power, strength, as well as skill and Patrik Laine meets all of that criteria. The burly winger owns a shoot-first mentality yet remains a viable playmaker with slick puckhandling ability. His skating remains a work in progress and while there appears to be plenty of questions regarding his character, work ethic and defensive commitments, Laine’s package of brute strength, hockey sense and feared shooting abilities earn him top 10 consideration. The Sarnia Sting own his CHL rights after selecting him in the 2015 Import Draft so it’ll be interesting to follow whether they’ll be able to lure him from overseas in future seasons. For now, Laine looks to establish himself as a threat in Finland’s top professional league.

@pilldoc

You see that Doc, it says he is a RW.

Bobby and i were discussing that in the other thread that was locked but the mock i posted and some of the video shows him playing LW. I'm guessing he is a guy who can play either wing.

So if he is to be drafted by the Flyers i hope it's with the intentions of him being a LW because they are thinnest there i think and they could use a kid who is already 6-4 218 i think so i'd like that.

They are already loaded so to speak at RW. So whomever let it be a LW. The could use a center with the 2nd rounder after that.

(smacking my head) duh.. I missed that .... thanks for pointing that out to me.....

It's ok many of the scouting reports had him listed as either not sure which he'd say he prefers. Just thought it was weird.

I know he wasn't pick by the Flyer but boy wouldn't John Carlson been a great draft pick for the Flyers in this draft. Just what the need a 6-2 218 right handed shot!!!! But nope they traded the pick away for Steve friggin Eminger!!! DAMN THAT STILL PISSES ME OFF!!!

Homer's worst move IMO. There was no reason to trade a 1st for Eminger. When Homer offered that to WSH,I bet they laughed at first 

@RJ8812

So i see Labarbera got the start again and they lose...hey but there was some positives...he finally didn't give up 4 goals...only 3 so hey he is getting better they lost 4-2. Still can't figure why he is starting over Stolarz.

http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/video/lehigh-valley-phantoms-vs-hershey-bears/13635

Phantoms lose again 2-1 Mcdud scores the only goal yet goes -2 him and Ghost. Damn can't catch a break. I can't comment much on it i'll watch the lowlights in the morning when i get home i'm stuck at work till 7am.

:(

Archived