LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2015-2016

pilldoc

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

With new additions the lineup could be as such.........

23 Leier 9 Bardreau 13 McDonald

28 Lindblom 37 Brent 73 Aube Kubel

24 Straka 42 Swavely 18 Martel

12 Goulbourne 27 Padakin 29 Radel Fazleev

3 Morin 2 Alt

71 Sanheim 43 Willcox

36 Comrie 4 Hagg

33 Ouellette

34 Knapp 

You know something, that fourth line has the potential to be a VERY good fourth line if they make the AHL playoffs. Those three are going to give opponents fits and they're going to be relentless checkers. They could be really fun to watch.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=877273

The goaltending depth is starting to get on par with the defensive depth. GREAT GREAT GREAT signing. Stolarz, Madsen, Sandstrom, Tomek, Fedotov and now Lyon. Hextall is building quite the pipeline.

Strong work, Hexie!!

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=877273

The goaltending depth is starting to get on par with the defensive depth. GREAT GREAT GREAT signing. Stolarz, Madsen, Sandstrom, Tomek, Fedotov and now Lyon. Hextall is building quite the pipeline.

Wow. I got my wish! Great signing!

Now sign the other two on my wish list!!!!

On 3/28/2016 at 1:10 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Alex Lyon could be a nice backup option to Stolarz for the Phantoms next year.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=114768

@flyercanuck

Just saying this should make 201!!!

BUMP!!!

@flyercanuck

@BobbyClarkeFan16

Nice call if i do say so myself. I guess Ron is reading my suggestions!!! Good for him! Now sign Troy and Drake!!!

16 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Who are the other two on your wish list?

This guy....

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=97396

and 

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=59042

Two of Hak's old pupils who are free agents by the way. Flyers could use both. Stecher is another right hand shot for the blueline.

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

BUMP!!!

@flyercanuck

@BobbyClarkeFan16

Nice call if i do say so myself. I guess Ron is reading my suggestions!!! Good for him! Now sign Troy and Drake!!!

OK. Stecher and Caggiula would be decent additions. I'm not sure if they'll crack the big club though or if they'll be AHL players. With that being said, you can't have enough people in the system who know what Hakstol wants and can help everyone else in the organization. From what I've read about Stecher, it seems like he might be a better version of Erik Gustafsson. As for Caggiula, he could be another Matt Read type of forward.

Just now, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

OK. Stecher and Caggiula would be decent additions. I'm not sure if they'll crack the big club though or if they'll be AHL players. With that being said, you can't have enough people in the system who know what Hakstol wants and can help everyone else in the organization. From what I've read about Stecher, it seems like he might be a better version of Erik Gustafsson. As for Caggiula, he could be another Matt Read type of forward.

Yes i won't say what or how high they can climb. Just sign as many good ones as you can the better the competition the better for all the kids.

You'll have a better chance to catch more fish when you take more than one rod with you.  

It is how i always fish, damn watching and waiting on just one.

On 4/6/2016 at 9:35 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Stecher and Caggiula would be decent additions

Flyers future LW :cool[1]:  Drake Caggiula scores the 1st two goals last night and finished with another helper on the GWer. 

So it's North Dakota vs. Quinnipiac for all the marbles. Should be a hell of a game. I give ND the edge from Cam Johnson (whom is also a free agent who may leave and sign somewhere) in net. 

He will look sweet in Orange and Black....

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Provorov 1g 1a 1st star in 5-2 Wheat Kings win.

I heard an interview with Ivan this week on Wpg sorts radio and I have to say I love his demeanor. His English is damn good. He's played in North America since he was 14, so no surprise I guess.

He loves the game comes across as very humble and grounded. 

Then they interviewed Kelly McCrimmon and he said that Ivan is as good a player as he's ever seen come through Brandon. He clearly also expects not only Ivan to make the Flyers, but to be a top 4 D-man

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I heard an interview with Ivan this week on Wpg sorts radio and I have to say I love his demeanor. His English is damn good. He's played in North America since he was 14, so no surprise I guess.

He loves the game comes across as very humble and grounded. 

Then they interviewed Kelly McCrimmon and he said that Ivan is as good a player as he's ever seen come through Brandon. He clearly also expects not only Ivan to make the Flyers, but to be a top 4 D-man

I heard that interview.(with MacCrimmon)  Also called him the best WHLer...which isn't surprising.

Just now, flyercanuck said:

I heard that interview.(with MacCrimmon)  Also called him the best WHLer...which isn't surprising.

Yeah it was very interesting interview. Can't wait to see Ivan in the Orange and Black. Brandon won again last night though so we may have to wait until next year.

This doesn't have a anything to do much with Flyer prospect actually but i thought i'd just put this here...

Voorhees native and son of former Flyer Kjell Samuelsson, Mattias Samuelsson, was drafted in the fourth round of the Ontario Hockey League draft by the Sarnia Sting, owned by ex-Flyer Derian Hatcher. Samuelsson has already committed to the University of Michigan and will play for the USA Hockey National Team Development Program next season.

Damn kid is huge at 16 already 6-3 198!!! He be a Flyer draft eligible in 2018!:ph34r:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=325127

Wow looking at the box score Sam Morin finished +4!!! Nice!

HOME: LEHIGH VALLEY
    PLAYERS Position  G   A  +/- SH PIM
   Alt, Mark D 0 1 +2 3 0
   Morin, Samuel D 0 1 +4 0 0
   Hagg, Robert D 0 1 -1 1 0
A  Drewiske, Davis D 0 0 -2 2 0
   Bardreau, Cole RW 1 0 +1 1 5
C 13   McDonald, Colin RW 1 0 -2 3 0
  18   Martel, Danick LW 0 0 -1 3 2
  21   Aube-Kubel, Nicolas RW 0 0 -1 0 0
  22   Conner, Chris LW 0 2 +1 0 0
  23   Leier, Taylor LW 0 1 +1 1 0
  24   Straka, Petr LW 0 0 -2 1 0
  26   Smith, Dalton LW 0 0 -1 1 0
  27   Padakin, Pavel RW 0 0 -1 0 2
  28   Lindblom, Oskar LW 2 1 +2 3 0
  36   Comrie, Adam D 0 0 -3 6 0
A 37   Brent, Tim C 0 0 0 0 0
  42   Swavely, Steven RW 0 0 -1 1 2
  43   Willcox, Reece D 0 0 -1 2 2
    TEAM   0       0
    TOTAL   4     28 13
     Goalies GA Mins SH SVS PIM
  34   Knapp, Connor - - - - -
  41   Stolarz, Anthony (L) 5 58:35 29 24 0

Sure i know it's just his 1st year of AHL play....

...but damn i can't helped but to be intrigued by the thought of him on the Flyer blueline in the 1st round instead of Manning.

Flyers blueline could surely use his hulking 6-7 230 pound frame skating around back there with his physical game and amazing Chara like reach with his stick....i can dream i guess.

Archived