LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2015-2016

pilldoc

That's good, but you expect a 19 year old NHL-draftee to be having a great season in junior as a 19 year old

Maybe, but Hextall doesn't seem to think so. He seems genuinely impressed that his 6th round pick is leading his team.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So great to have good young talent how ever it's sad they don't seem to know what to do with it like how they don't play Stolarz. And now Mcdud will be taking up a spot on the Phantoms a young defenseman could be playing in for the next couple of years...maybe.

Nice win for the Phantom's last night. 6-3

Stolarz picks up his 4th win of the season. Nice. Labarbera only has 1 win.

Mark Alt +3.

The 3 G's pick up a goal as well...Goulbourne, Ghost and Goumas!!

Straka (EN), Brent and Cousins (1g 1a) with the other goals. Cousin's 1st game back in about 5 i think.

Please leave Labarbera on the bench ride Stolarz...he gives them the best chance to win.

game highlights  http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/video/binghamton-senators-vs-lehigh-valley-phantoms/13663

Phantoms skating with 7 Dmen.

@OccamsRazor

Thanks for posting the highlights.

No problem.

Stolarz i know would like to have the 1st two back but it looks like he settled in after that.

If the Phantoms want to get these kids some confidence and maybe make the playoff he needs to be in goal.

Of course give Labarbera the 2nd game in the back to back games but Stolarz needs to play to work on his game.

It's the only way he is going to develop. Sure he will have his ups and downs but let him work through it.

Tyrell Goulbourne with 4 goals this season so far firing at a 30% shooting rate and two 1 punch KOs!!! the LW sniper the Flyers may be looking for...

...that is just a joke!!! :blink[1]:

Glad to hear Stolarz is playing steady.

Yes and if he continues to play and grow it is possible by the time Mason and Neuvy's contract is to expire (after next year) he will be ready and give Hexy some options/leverage in negotiations with Mason or Neuvy or both.

Time will tell.

And by then maybe Sandstrom will be ready to come over and replace Stolarz...a lot of what if but it's nice to have those what ifs than not having them...

@OccamsRazor  At this point, I'd rather see Cousins than Vandevelde....the team cannot score, why not give the kid an chance, see if he can add some offensive punch to the line up...unless they think he is not ready.

I agree now that MDV is healthy again i would waive Manning so you could call him up.

Manning brings no value and noone will claim him and if they do i don't care they need to start injecting some get up and go into this lineup and Cousins might provive that. Then i guess you could scratch someone to make room for him VV would be fine with me.

Just don't ice Vinny anymore. I'm done with him and his 6 minutes MEH!

@OccamsRazor  At this point, I'd rather see Cousins than Vandevelde....the team cannot score, why not give the kid an chance, see if he can add some offensive punch to the line up...unless they think he is not ready.

Or Straka who just scored to make it 7-1 with his 8th goal of the year. He is a true LW might look good with G and Jake.

It looks like the Phantoms are starting to round into shape after they got nipped with the injury bug to start the season.  Cousins and Hagg are back in the lineup and Colin McDonald is close to returning.  Conner has been putting up a PPG so far.  Leier is starting to get going now that he is playing with more skilled linemates instead of goons like he was much of the year last season.  Straka has been steady and Tim Brent has been a nice addition chipping in offensively and being a veteran leader.   Stolarz has been great so far, its just a shame they have swiss cheese LaBarbara backing him up and the way they play many 3 games in 3 nights he is going to have to get starts.   

Stolarz has been great so far, its just a shame they have swiss cheese LaBarbara backing him up and the way they play many 3 games in 3 nights he is going to have to get starts.

Its a shame they do not have someone better to push Stolarz. Labarbera is supposed to be an emergency goalie for the NHL but whats he going to do he is giving up 4 goals a night in the A. So if they ever need him they are screwed.

Its a shame they do not have someone better to push Stolarz. Labarbera is supposed to be an emergency goalie for the NHL but whats he going to do he is giving up 4 goals a night in the A. So if they ever need him they are screwed.

Zepp is still a FA.  He's nothing special but he has to be better than Labarbera.    

I'm glad Hexy decided to throw Chris Porter on waivers. He probably knew that there was a real good chance he gets claimed. All Porter would have done was take up a Phantoms spot that could have been given to a young developing kid. You can't have all kids, but the Flyers have the right mix of vets and 1st and 2nd year players down there.

I'm glad Hexy decided to throw Chris Porter on waivers. He probably knew that there was a real good chance he gets claimed. All Porter would have done was take up a Phantoms spot that could have been given to a young developing kid. You can't have all kids, but the Flyers have the right mix of vets and 1st and 2nd year players down there.

Good point about taking up a kid's spot in that case i'm ok with Labarbera then if they had Zepp they would play him more like they did last year. I'd rather Stolarz play.

Good point about taking up a kid's spot in that case i'm ok with Labarbera then if they had Zepp they would play him more like they did last year. I'd rather Stolarz play.

I think the reason they played Zepp more last year was because it was Stolarz 1st professional season and they wanted to ease him in a bit and not overwhelm him but let him develop by seeing the game on and off the ice.  I think with a full season under his belt and the way he is performing he would be getting more of the starts if Zepp were still here.  

Archived