It's Official

activestick

Simmonds for Saad doesn't get the Flyers anywhere.

I completely get your overall point, but Saad *might* at least get you speed and a left winger for Giroux/Voracek.  I think he would actually be a great help to the top line.  So would Hartnell for at least the immediate future.

But I agree with your overall point.  Okay, they're not the most talented group, but it seems like someone was at least thinking "okay, this piece has to go with that one" when building the team.

Because

"Trade half of our top six for half of their top six, and I don't think you move the needle for the Flyers at all, unless you bring over a complete line"  

I do agree with this ^^^

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why you can't just say it...2 wins from the 8th seed...i know you're a glass half empty guy. This isn't my first conversation with you.

I'm just enjoying being the devils advocate in this. 2 wins can change a lot of things. We'll save room on the bandwagon for you.  :ph34r:

They're 2 wins from the 8th seed.  There, I said it.  I can read the standings.  But I know what that means and I see the team on the ice.  I can't imagine how one thinks the elevator with the down light lit next to it is actually going up.  I mean, I suppose it's possible (there could be some malfunction or you're being punked or something), but the likelihood is that it's actually going down.

Top 5 draft pick.  Write that down.  Bookmark it.  I'll even let you rub it in my face if they have the 6th pick.  No "well, I was generally right" crap.  They pick #6 or lower I'll buy you a case of beer.   This isn't just a "they'll miss the playoffs" prediction.  Anyone can luck into being right about that.    Top 5 draft pick.  You pick the beer.

I'm starting to think I may be eating some pie regarding Jake Allen, though.

I got lucky...I drafted himn for my FHL..then dropped him....got really lucky no one picked him up off waivers.  Reacquired him and currently reaping the benefits.. (#dodgingabullet)

I got lucky...I drafted himn for my FHL..then dropped him....got really lucky no one picked him up off waivers.  Reacquired him and currently reaping the benefits.. (#dodgingabullet)

In Nahana, he went undrafted, I think.  Ladyneat picked him up and DROPPED him for Neuvirth (who she also dropped).  He just sat there on the waiver wire for about 10 days before Jammer picked him up and traded him along with Saad for Taylor Hall.    Even then I was still "meh" on Allen.  Now i wish I had had the good sense to grab him while he was sitting there.  Even just for the trade value Jammer got.

But I know what that means and I see the team on the ice.  I can't imagine how one thinks the elevator with the down light lit next to it is actually going up.  I mean, I suppose it's possible (there could be some malfunction or you're being punked or something), but the likelihood is that it's actually going down.

unless you are riding this... :P

twilight-zone-tower-of-terror-00.jpg?200

I've ridden that damn thing.  I'm still too damn scared to go back and collect my balls.

LOL!!!! ... We leave for Disney World next Saturday for vacation and celebrating my daughter's birthday.  It will be out 3rd year in a row.  Can't wait!  My wife loves this ride!

They're 2 wins from the 8th seed.  There, I said it.

See i knew you could do it. Now don't you feel better?

It doesn't change anything this is a really good team.

I know it.

The only bright spot is in goal.

Remember i never said they were going to make the playoffs. Just acknowledging they could. Just like they could be drafting 4th or 5th.

They have some good pieces. But i honestly don't think making the playoffs this year is the highest priority with this front office this year. They'll never say it.

Their number one priority is evaluating this roster while implementing Hak's system and while doing this evaluating who gets it and who doesn't. Like Rad (you) and i stated yesterday in another thread. Those who don't fit while be singled out and removed from the roster while collecting the most they can for them.

Sorry i enjoyed arguing the other side of the playoff equation hey it's a slow morning!!!!  :thumbsu:

See i knew you could do it. Now don't you feel better?

It doesn't change anything this is a really good team.

I know it.

The only bright spot is in goal.

Remember i never said they were going to make the playoffs. Just acknowledging they could. Just like they could be drafting 4th or 5th.

They have some good pieces. But i honestly don't think making the playoffs this year is the highest priority with this front office this year. They'll never say it.

Their number one priority is evaluating this roster while implementing Hak's system and while doing this evaluating who gets it and who doesn't. Like Rad (you) and i stated yesterday in another thread. Those who don't fit while be singled out and removed from the roster while collecting the most they can for them.

Sorry i enjoyed arguing the other side of the playoff equation hey it's a slow morning!!!!  :thumbsu:

LOL  Okay.  yeah, agree with most of that.

Bookmark the post anyway.  They pick 6th or lower I'll get you a case of beer.  You deserve the beer just for reading my posts. :)     Sorry aziz, due to budget cutbacks, no beer for you.  

LOL Okay. yeah, agree with most of that.

Bookmark the post anyway. They pick 6th or lower I'll get you a case of beer. You deserve the beer just for reading my posts. :) Sorry aziz, due to budget cutbacks, no beer for you.

All good, it's part of my court ordered restitution. Paying my debt to society.

LOL!!!! ... We leave for Disney World next Saturday for vacation and celebrating my daughter's birthday.  It will be out 3rd year in a row.  Can't wait!  My wife loves this ride!

I love it too, especially how they bring Rod Serling back to life....I like to use FastPass for this and the Rock N Roller Coaster when at Hollywood Studiios

Archived