Ghost!

Lunatic

He even made Manning look like a serviceable d-man. How long has it been since the Flyers have had a d-man that could actually skate the puck out of the zone to start a rush? I can't wait to see Medvedev back on the ice and paired with another guy with skills.

Agree, but to Manning's credit the two were the #1 defensive pair of the Phantoms last year prior to Ghost's injury.  And speaking of Medvedev's concussions I wonder if anyone knows how many he has had in his career?

He even made Manning look like a serviceable d-man. How long has it been since the Flyers have had a d-man that could actually skate the puck out of the zone to start a rush? I can't wait to see Medvedev back on the ice and paired with another guy with skills.

So what you're saying is scratch Schultz....right? It's what i say. Like HF said Ghost and Manning are familiar with playing together so just scratch the weakest link.

I'm looking at you Nick Schultz!!!!

I only saw the highlights but man the way Ghost received that cross ice pass ON HIS BACKHAND!!!!

I thought you were being sarcastic at first with this comment but I'm glad you weren't. Receiving as pass sounds like something simple and stupid to be excited about, but it's something that most flyers can't do and it hurts their rushes up the ice. It seems like every first pass out of the zone explodes off the receiver's stick. There's never a clean pass. I actually have been thinking about trying to count first pass attempts out of the zone and see how many are made cleanly so that the player can keep momentum up the ice. I bet it's lower than 25%

I thought you were being sarcastic at first with this comment but I'm glad you weren't. Receiving as pass sounds like something simple and stupid to be excited about, but it's something that most flyers can't do and it hurts their rushes up the ice. It seems like every first pass out of the zone explodes off the receiver's stick. There's never a clean pass. I actually have been thinking about trying to count first pass attempts out of the zone and see how many are made cleanly so that the player can keep momentum up the ice. I bet it's lower than 25%

That is what was so impressive about it he just calmly took it on the bqck hand as it was magnet just attracting some metal i didn't see any bounce and then off he went faking out the Dmen and then skating down low to fire a shot!!!

After seeing them fumble so many passes and very rarely handling them cleanly it just stuck out to me. And yes they can use more of that.

Mark Friedman a sophomore at Bowling Green that is it.

I think Friedman could be a real wildcard. He could be a steal, don't know where he could sneak into a spot, but if he is good enough, the Flyers will find a way.

Archived