Ghost!

Lunatic

I can't comment i'm stuck at work and couldn't watch. I hope you're right. He couldn't be worse defensively that Streit was good lord he is horrible in bis own zone.

I hope he comes back healthy so they can move him for a 1st round pick and leave Ghost up. Worst case they move him in the offseason.

The kid was alright. He moved the puck smartly. I had the Carolina feed--the announcers were impressed. He is a keeper.

Howie

I only saw the highlights but man the way Ghost received that cross ice pass ON HIS BACKHAND!!!!

WOW!

That was impressive as hell before he faked out the player in his face and then fired it on net! This kid has some skill for sure they need.

Nice win. Only 5 points out of a wild card spot. Keep it going.

I was most impressed by the play where he led a rush and distributed the puck to the front of the net and then got on his horse to get back into position.  Too many times I've seen Del Zotto attempt a similar play but he keeps hanging around the net while the puck is moved out of the zone to a 2 on 1 going the other way.  

defensively reponsible? no. He stills looks suspect without the puck, but I still think he should be in the line-up here on out. Learn on the job.

I agree.  Even with his growing pains he is not going to hurt the team any more defensively than who he would be replaced by.  The key is he has NHL speed and better than average offensive skill for a D-man.   The rest is really decision making and positioning.  I don't think the AHL can really prepare him any further along because that league can't replicate the skill and speed that he is going to have to take into account for making the right decisions with the puck and positioning without the puck.  

So how was he defensively? We know he's got the talent with the puck. I just saw the highlights, nice play on the goal. But it was against one of the only teams that may have a worse lineup than Philly does. Kings are up next...be a better team to evaluate whether he's ready to play against an actual NHL team. Obviously he can skate with the big boys.

What about Leier?

So how was he defensively? We know he's got the talent with the puck. I just saw the highlights, nice play on the goal. But it was against one of the only teams that may have a worse lineup than Philly does. Kings are up next...be a better team to evaluate whether he's ready to play against an actual NHL team. Obviously he can skate with the big boys.

What about Leier?

Carolina's defense played pretty well especially since they were short handed for 2 periods.Did the Flyers even break 20 shots? That kid Hanifin is going to be pretty decent too. As far as Leier goes, he seemed to play a fairly cautious game so for the most part he went unnoticed for good or bad plays. Gostisbehere seems to be ready to step up but someone will need to be moved moneywise to make room for him after Streit heals up.

What about Leier?

he looks slight but has a quick active stick, he gets into guys pretty quickly and speeds up their decision making.  He's not going to overpower many guys but the puck looks like it's on a string attached to his stick.  even when he doesn't possess it, you feel like it's only a matter of time until he does. I did not notice him in the corners, so i don't have "take" about that portion of his game.

Leier has a high compete level and good speed, he was out with Gagne some and on the fourth line with PEB and White ,  he's around the puck a lot, he seems smart ,  i thought he looked tentative early on he seemed to me to be better offensively when he was with Gags....he drew the only penalty of the night by going to the net on the rush, it was a smart play made by a player with some quickness,  he's got pretty decent hands too.

he looks slight but has a quick active stick, he gets into guys pretty quickly and speeds up their decision making.  He's not going to overpower many guys but the puck looks like it's on a string attached to his stick.  even when he doesn't possess it, you feel like it's only a matter of time until he does. I did not notice him in the corners, so i don't have "take" about that portion of his game.

Leier has a high compete level and good speed, he was out with Gagne some and on the fourth line with PEB and White ,  he's around the puck a lot, he seems smart ,  i thought he looked tentative early on he seemed to me to be better offensively when he was with Gags....he drew the only penalty of the night by going to the net on the rush, it was a smart play made by a player with some quickness,  he's got pretty decent hands too.

Thanks mojo....sounds like both players came as advertised. In Ghosts defence in the corners, at this stage of his career I only want his stick in there. 

I only saw the highlights but man the way Ghost received that cross ice pass ON HIS BACKHAND!!!!

WOW!

That was impressive as hell before he faked out the player in his face and then fired it on net! This kid has some skill for sure they need.

Nice win. Only 5 points out of a wild card spot. Keep it going.

It gives long-suffering

fans some hope. It also reminds us that Chris Pryor and his ab staff are good at what they do.

Howie

@flyerrod

Thanks Rod. Carolina does have a couple of really good young Dmen. Glad to hear the two young Flyers didn't look out of place.

I won't get too excited about beating a horrible team in OT.

We should FC, I think the last time we beat a horrible team was what, 2013? ;)

I went to the Phantoms game on Friday night and made it a point to watch Ghost and Morin.  Ghost looked real good, fast, creative.  Morin is massive, but needs to figure out how to use his size.  He had a couple good hits but when he does figure it out he will be a monster.

Giroux, Jake and Ghost are by far the best on the team with the puck on their sticks....everyone else at times just seem to fumble it too much.

Man i can't wait for the Flyers blueline to have Ghost, Sanheim and Provorov back there. That will make the games much more fun to watch. But we still have 2-3 years maybe before we get to see that.

Giroux, Jake and Ghost are by far the best on the team with the puck on their sticks....everyone else at times just seem to fumble it too much.

G and Ghost have been phenomenal on the PP especially. They've had chemistry in bunches all night.

Ghost in particular has been very impressive. The shots have been great and the passes very slick. I'm a fan.

So a potential blueline....

Sanheim-Provorov

Morin-Ghost

Hagg-Meyers

For those not aware Meyers is the free agent Dman that Hextall signed this past off season.

He is 18 at 6-5 210 a right hand shot who is have an oustanding year so far. With 22 games 8 goals 9 assist 17 points +18.

And has been added to the Subway series roster.

Kid looks like a steal so far.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=223515

Man that future blueline looks super!!! Can't wait!!!!!

G and Ghost have been phenomenal on the PP especially. They've had chemistry in bunches all night.

Ghost in particular has been very impressive. The shots have been great and the passes very slick. I'm a fan.

Yes after watching him at Union and helping them win the title i just could not wait and prayed he would bring that in time to the NHL.

That game he played versus the Gophers was by far the best performance i've ever seen at the college level from anyone regardless of the position.......ever!

So a potential blueline....

Sanheim-Provorov

Morin-Ghost

Hagg-Meyers

For those not aware Meyers is the free agent Dman that Hextall signed this past off season.

He is 18 at 6-5 210 a right hand shot who is have an oustanding year so far. With 22 games 8 goals 9 assist 17 points +18.

And has been added to the Subway series roster.

Kid looks like a steal so far.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=223515

Man that future blueline looks super!!! Can't wait!!!!!

I haven't heard of Myers before -- worth a watch.

He's also from my hometown, so there's that. 

He's also from my hometown, so there's that.

Nice so check him out he is looking like a steal for Hextall so far a BIG righthand shot is what they need for the blueline becuase every other defenseman i named in the lineup is a lefty.

They also have Alt but i'm sure he'll ever get a sniff it ain't looking good for whatever reason they won't call him up.

The only other righthand shots are Reece Willcox a senior with Cornell this year and Mark Friedman a sophomore at Bowling Green that is it.

So a lot could be riding on Meyers...hope he pans out.

Nice so check him out he is looking like a steal for Hextall so far a BIG righthand shot is what they need for the blueline becuase every other defenseman i named in the lineup is a lefty.

They also have Alt but i'm sure he'll ever get a sniff it ain't looking good for whatever reason they won't call him up.

The only other righthand shots are Reece Willcox a senior with Cornell this year and Mark Friedman a sophomore at Bowling Green that is it.

So a lot could be riding on Meyers...hope he pans out.

Yeah, righties are gold!

I'll tell you what. Ghost sure made that a fun game to watch. I think his creativity brought out the best in others that can keep pace, like G/Jake/MDZ. I saw movement on the PP! Great goaltending too, both goalies.

He even made Manning look like a serviceable d-man. How long has it been since the Flyers have had a d-man that could actually skate the puck out of the zone to start a rush? I can't wait to see Medvedev back on the ice and paired with another guy with skills.

Archived