2015-16 Coyotes Season: 1 Man Thread

Yotes Jackets

Pittsburgh+Penguins+v+Arizona+Coyotes+GR

Only yotes fan on here I've been told so I get my own thread :P

10-9-1 with this roster? What??? Was thinking we'd be gunning for the #1 pick again although it's a long season and I suspect we will be by the end.

The young guns are looking good (Domi, Duclair) and the tending has been serviceable. Tippet working his magic yet again with a rag tag bunch of guys.

ow ow owww

2 points away from tying the forever mediocre Panthers, and were both the only fans of our own team on this forum.... Btw, how is Shane Doan's performance? He is in his late 30s if I recall correctly.

10 points through 20 games for the 39 year old. Not too shabby.

He's the rock of this team, always has been. Past few years I've hoped he would get traded so he can get his Stanley cup but he may end up being a Coyotes lifer. Love me the Doaner

10-9-1 with this roster? What??? Was thinking we'd be gunning for the #1 pick again although it's a long season and I suspect we will be by the end.

The young guns are looking good (Domi, Duclair) and the tending has been serviceable. Tippet working his magic yet again with a rag tag bunch of guys.

ow ow owww

When the always made of glass Hanzal and Boedker can stay healthy, it helps too. Smith is also a pretty good goalie, despite last year.

Mike Stone is never going to be a top pairing guy, but he has a wicked shot.

OEL is of course, a franchise level Dman and will be for years

When the always made of glass Hanzal and Boedker can stay healthy, it helps too. Smith is also a pretty good goalie, despite last year.

Mike Stone is never going to be a top pairing guy, but he has a wicked shot.

OEL is of course, a franchise level Dman and will be for years

Stone is a darkhorse favorite of mine, if he was playing in New York he would be Girardi, the kid never quits on the play and hits and sacrifices his body to block shots like they used to before big money made players hesitant. Simply love the kid.

As far as the Yotes, Domi and Duclair have great chemistry and the health of Hanzal and Gretel, I mean Boedker is key. The goaltending is still a nightly roller coaster, Smith follows a great game with a good one and then a wretched one. Overall the team has the look and feel of a club that has turned the corner and is on the way back up.

Stone is a darkhorse favorite of mine, if he was playing in New York he would be Girardi, the kid never quits on the play and hits and sacrifices his body to block shots like they used to before big money made players hesitant. Simply love the kid.

As far as the Yotes, Domi and Duclair have great chemistry and the health of Hanzal and Gretel, I mean Boedker is key. The goaltending is still a nightly roller coaster, Smith follows a great game with a good one and then a wretched one. Overall the team has the look and feel of a club that has turned the corner and is on the way back up.

Stone's irredeemable weakness is his skating. But Wicked shot the kid has

@Yotes Jackets

You know, when you look at this team's record to this point, first impulse may be to say "Oh well, they are in the middle of their division with a middling .500 record"......

But then you consider the actual make up of the roster (tons of young players and vets who other teams may consider simply secondary players) AND you factor in that this team has had a TON of road games to this point in the season...the fact that they DO have a .500 record is pretty impressive in itself.

Coming off their most recent road trip, where they lost 3 of 4, they've had a rough go of it.

They are getting a brief home stand for 3 games (Ana, Cgy, Ott), before heading off on the road again for another 5 straight.

Point being, if this young and somewhat eclectic team can be .500 still under those circumstances, I just wonder what they could do when they are at home, have the fans behind them, and are much more rested.

Mid Dec, Jan and Feb look to be the most 'home friendly' for this group of Yotes players.

There's actually a no redwings policy in this thread :P

@Yotes Jackets

You know, when you look at this team's record to this point, first impulse may be to say "Oh well, they are in the middle of their division with a middling .500 record"......

But then you consider the actual make up of the roster (tons of young players and vets who other teams may consider simply secondary players) AND you factor in that this team has had a TON of road games to this point in the season...the fact that they DO have a .500 record is pretty impressive in itself.

Coming off their most recent road trip, where they lost 3 of 4, they've had a rough go of it.

They are getting a brief home stand for 3 games (Ana, Cgy, Ott), before heading off on the road again for another 5 straight.

Point being, if this young and somewhat eclectic team can be .500 still under those circumstances, I just wonder what they could do when they are at home, have the fans behind them, and are much more rested.

Mid Dec, Jan and Feb look to be the most 'home friendly' for this group of Yotes players.

Arizona Coyotes fans? Never heard of their existence before

:ph34r:

If anything, they will be discouraged by the LACK of fans supporting them.

Arizona Coyotes fans? Never heard of their existence before

:ph34r:

If anything, they will be discouraged by the LACK of fans supporting them.

oh, come now....you and I both know how loud echoes of 4,000 cheering fans bouncing off empty seats can sound!

Yotes have PLENTY of support in home games! 

All joking aside, Coyotes fans, like Panther fans, may not be numerous at the arena....but those that DO follow the team, do so pretty vehemently.

If they didn't F up the stadium location you'd see a lot more fans in the seats. All the hockey people are in the east valley and they put the barn all the way west so

excuses I know but an hour drive there and back on a work night is tough

Yeah, I've never been there, but everything I've read says that the location is terrible. It's a long drive as it is, and then factor in traffic, and it's apparently prohibitive to drive.

Back to the topic of the Coyotes' season....say what you want about their home attendance, but it appears this most recent homestand did them well.

Arizona swept all three games in the homestand, beating Anaheim, Calgary and Ottawa....and the Flames and Sens were beaten on back to back nights too.

Special teams during that span left much to be desired (just 1 for 7 on the PP, and just 8 for 12 on the PK), but somehow, someway, the Yotes got it done.

In that last game against the Sens, they staved off a 38 shot barrage.

The 5 on 5 offense is making things happen and, at least for this homestand, that was enough.

NOW comes the hard part....

An 8-day, 5-game road trip that kicks off tonight in Nashville, TN... then goes on to Detroit, MI,  Buffalo, NY, Raleigh, NC, and ends in St. Louis, MO.

Good luck to the Yotes....especially since I picked up Michael Stone for my FHL team this week.  ;)

10-9-1 with this roster? What??? Was thinking we'd be gunning for the #1 pick again although it's a long season and I suspect we will be by the end.A belated welcome aboard! I'm hoping your team does well on the ice(except against the Pens) and at the box office!

ow ow owww

10-9-1 with this roster? What??? Was thinking we'd be gunning for the #1 pick again although it's a long season and I suspect we will be by the end.A belated welcome aboard! I'm hoping your team does well on the ice(except against the Pens) and at the box office!

ow ow owww

ow ow owww

Unfortunately, the Coyotes are playing like baby hyenas right now....

I had to drop Michael Stone as quickly as I picked him up in FHL....

Yotes have one more brutal road game in St. Louis before returning to the friendly confines of their home arena where they seem to play better.

6 consecutive home games waiting for them in fact.

Archived