Radko Gudas - 3 Game Suspension

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 games for a first time offender......

breaks down to 1 game for the hit and two games for the JERSEY....

Now there's a history 5 and 10 for each after ...

anyone else in the league would have gotten a fine or a warning ...

I M O .

I wish I could call you crazy but I can't. Cause you're not.

Not from behind but I call this boarding. Surprised no penalty. Laughton was in a vulnerable position and Chiasson smashed him into the boards.

This is the problem. The league refuses to protect our players. It's not ok. Why hasn't anyone called them on it?

so if you're playing a contact sport, each and every time you hit someone you want them to be injured ? 

Injured in this context meaning not able to return to playing the game for the game/week/month/season.

Not, "I want that guy to think twice before contesting the puck/ball"  you want to injure them ?

i can understand in contact sports wanting the opponent to physically pay a price to succeed, but i can't understand wanting to injure someone every time there is contact.

was it lonely as a kid after everyone you played with was injured and couldn't play anymore ? 

"sorry NRH, Timmy can't shoot hoops until spring since you dislocated his elbow last week "

Are you just being stupid unironically now or is this a comical thing you guys get together in PMs to do?

How do you get career ending injury out of I want to hurt this guy with a check into the boards so he makes mistakes later.

Don't even answer, because jesus christ it's like you intentionally go way out of your way to convoluted stances of arguments to make a big fuss about something you clearly understood in later posts with someone else perfectly fine.

This is the problem. The league refuses to protect our players. It's not ok. Why hasn't anyone called them on it?

It depends on how you'd want them protected

What rules would you impose to discourage hits like this on players out of even the realm of accident occurrences?

well, tyson barrie, for starts.  little hop into a shoulder to the head by a guy with no previous suspensions (and averaging less than 30 PIMs/season) makes a nice companion to gudas' deliberate elbow to the head.  both 3 games, too.  

then we have landeskog and stone and demers and nesterov, so far this season.  dubinsky, too, but that was on crosby so that lands in a whole other world of victim-ness.

i'm gonna go ahead and guess you have reasons that none of those are comparable to gudas, and they totally deserved what they got, should probably have gotten more.  because:  reasons.

it's ok.  every team has homers that like to wail and gnash their teeth at how put upon their team is by a league that hates them specifically and singularly, and evidence to the contrary never applies.  because, again:  reasons.  super valid and incredibly minute reasons.

"He only slightly left his feet"

Are you just being stupid unironically now or is this a comical thing you guys get together in PMs to do?

How do you get career ending injury out of I want to hurt this guy with a check into the boards so he makes mistakes later.

Don't even answer, because jesus christ it's like you intentionally go way out of your way to convoluted stances of arguments to make a big fuss about something you clearly understood in later posts with someone else perfectly fine.

It depends on how you'd want them protected

What rules would you impose to discourage hits like this on players out of even the realm of accident occurrences?

clearly you missed the point of my question.  which centered more around intent. It's a contact sport injuries and accidents happen. 

The outcome of the Gudas hit was the opponent did not return to the game because of concussion symptoms...there's playing a heavy game and then there's being Matt Cooke.  you see what i'm saying here ?

the question i asked was when you make contact in sport is your intention to end your opponent's night et al ?  there are guys that play who act like this, even in beer league,  it's not convoluted or even a stretch to ask for a little clarification.

You said you don't like the question of intent , but I think it's important, there's playing the game and there's slew footing a guy in the corner,  making a check with your elbow leading the way,  your statement said simply you want to hurt the guy... 

Archived