Game #30 - Flyers at Stars - Dec 11 2015 - 8:30 ET

brelic

Missed the whole game my company Christmas party was last night.....and i drank waaaaaaay to much.

Terrible they squandered a great game by Neuvy from what i read but this club is going through some growing pains and i guess they have played better of late but aren't out the woods yet. More ups and downs i'd expect for the rest of the season.

It will be a long hard fight if this group wants to make the playoffs.

I can't call this team. A lot of good pieces but they are still missing some pieces.

One true missing element is just one good true scorer.

G and Jake are really playmakers set up guys they need a guy who can find the net. Consistently. All you need to know how bad they miss a sniper!!!???

In only 14 games Ghost is 4th on the team in goals scored (one behind Brayden for 3rd on the team).

So a LW who can find the twine in #1 on Santa's wish list!!! 

Neuvirth: "We need to be tougher around our net."

Nice to hear him speak up and call it like it is. This team will not make the playoffs with the likes of Manning and Schultz in this lineup on a nightly basis. Till it changes and they gets some more true help on the backend they will continue to struggle. And no Mcdud is not even in the conversation. I never want to see him in orange and black again.......ever!

I'll agree with your top 3. Bottom three against the stars...yeah the whole team played like a team that is at a lower level. But compared to each other, who were the worst ones on the ice?

From the first two periods, I would say

1. Couturier

2. Simmonds

3. Umberger

Some might flip flop 1 and 2 but I thought simmonds was up on his skates and he was more involved. Umberger also had a rare burst of speed that got him a scoring chance.

I'd say Giroux and Medvedev were their usual solid selves. Everyone else was pretty close to garbage. I think Simmonds was probably the worst of the bunch. Two useless penalties in the first period sets him apart in a sea of bad.

I think there's clearly something to be said for the competition. The Stars are foolishly good. At its most basic, the Flyers were railroaded by a far superior team. It was easily one of if not the most lopsided game this year in my opinion.

TLDR version: The Stars are sick good; the Flyers are not. The better team won. Handily.

It's obvious the Flyers have trouble with speed.

It's funny you should say the team the last beat in regulation (Blues) just shutout the team they just lost to in regulation (Stars) 3-0 last night.

So i think they can hang with some of the best teams in the NHL. It's they just need to find more confidence and just more scoring in general.

I mean technically Neuvy should have 4 shutouts this season. In relief of Mason the other night even though it don't count he pitched a shutout and then lost in OT.

I can't believe they gave Medvedev and shot in the shootout instead of Ghost whom i'd love to see some of his moves.

Sorry my 3 shooters i'd roll out in the shootout... Giroux, Bellemare and Ghost and my 1st 3 shots. 

Sorry my 3 shooters i'd roll out in the shootout... Giroux, Bellemare and Ghost and my 1st 3 shots.

Belly? Don't get me wrong, I like Belly quite a bit. I'm not sure about the shootout though. Gagner is actually quite good at shootouts.

Belly? Don't get me wrong, I like Belly quite a bit. I'm not sure about the shootout though. Gagner is actually quite good at shootouts.

Sure why not none of the other "scorers" can seem to score. It's worth a try dude has a nasty wrister. He has never got a chance since he has been with the Flyers.

Remember nothing ventured nothing gained.

It's funny you should say the team the last beat in regulation (Blues) just shutout the team they just lost to in regulation (Stars) 3-0 last night.

So i think they can hang with some of the best teams in the NHL. It's they just need to find more confidence and just more scoring in general.

I mean technically Neuvy should have 4 shutouts this season. In relief of Mason the other night even though it don't count he pitched a shutout and then lost in OT.

I can't believe they gave Medvedev and shot in the shootout instead of Ghost whom i'd love to see some of his moves.

The Blues beating the Stars has zero to do with how the Flyers fare against speed.

Which they generally don't very well.

They do seem to get up for good teams. 

The Blues beating the Stars has zero to do with how the Flyers fare against speed.

Which they generally don't very well.

They do seem to get up for good teams. 

No i know that i thought it was just funny how the Flyers just beat the Blues and then lose to the Stars and then the Blues beat the Stars. Just goes to show you there aren't any gimme games in this league really anymore....any given night another team can beat you if you don't bring it.

Dave Isaac ‏@davegisaac  3h3 hours ago

Looking like 12-89-10; 93-14-17; 76-78-25; 24-21-20 with 15-3; 55-82; 23-53 on the back end. 32 and 22 practicing w/ team also.

Maintenance day for Giroux?

nevy should play against the canes not because of the way he's playing but the way the team is playing around around him, yes they lost against dallas but they played hard with him, with mason in goal, they seem to not play hard. just play the hot hand until he flops and go back to mason.

Archived