Questioning the Pegula's ownership?!?

flyerrod

I just saw an article from some guy in the Buffalo news questioning the Pegula's worth as team owners. I am not a Buffalo fan by any stretch of the imagination but this just seems farcical to me. He has turned the Sabres and Bills into a watchable product as well as invigorating the entire town. Yes the Bills missed the playoffs but they also put a team on the field that was worth watching. The guy sounds rather petty to me with an axe to grind. Any Buffalo people with some incite on this? Article is linked below.

http://buckyandsully.buffalonews.com/2015/12/29/bucky-gleason-pegulas-may-be-in-over-their-heads/

We can question Rex Ryan, but the Bills are trending in the right direction.

The Sabres embarked ona full tear down and rebuild. That doesn't turn around in 2-3 years. They have nice pieces in place and the ability to add more.

If the Pegulas are over their heads it's becauee the hole they bought was so deep.

But IMO they've worked to fill that hole since they arrived.

I lost interest in NFL but the Sabres are a team on the rise. They've got some really good young D, a 1-2-3 punch down the middle second to nobody when it comes to youth.. 

I agree 100% on this. I am more curious why this writer feels the need to belittle the progress made by the Pegulas. From an outside point of view, these people should have made sainthood for what they have done with the Buffalo teams and surrounding areas. They have also brought Hockey to Penn State by building a facility there. I have never been a Buffalo fan but these owners IMHO are making the right moves to right the ship that was the Titanic( Bills and Sabres)and deserve better from the collective press personnel in Buffalo.

I lived in Buffalo for almost 10 years and I can tell you Bucky Gleason is one of those contrarian writers that finds fault with everything and generally bashes both teams unless they are in the finals. Most Buffalo sports fans would tell you not to put much stock in this article considering the source. I am anti-Sabres due to the perpetually poor treatment I received from their fans while there but reluctantly have to agree that they are likely on the rise.

I read the article.  He has gone too far on the topic of the Sabres.  I just wrote him.  Buck Gleason. As for the Bills, they need to fire Ryan the idiot that he is.  He tanked our season.  The Sabres are in good shape as far as the rebuild and the glaring question will be who is in goal.

Let us know if he writes you back.

Archived