Sabres and Coyotes brawl at the end of the game

yave1964

The Sabres bested the Coyotes 2-1 last night but at the end of the game it got out of hand. 

It got testy, Shane Doan had run Ryan O'Reilly who is a brilliant and skilled but somewhat soft player who usually has maybe 6 to10 PIMs all year. Bogosian News Photo : Zach Bogosian of the Buffalo Sabres warms up...took exception and drilled Doan right before the game ended, Doan went berserk, on a head hunting mission looking for any sabre to tussle with until the ref pulled him away.

That is when things got bad.

Duclair ran his mouth to the gigantic Bogo who drilled him over and over as the ref was pulling Duclair out of the way by his jersey, duclair was unable to get his hands up because of the ref and Bogosian made him pay. OEL came to the kids rescue, Bogosian got the better of him all the while Doan had broke free of the ref and was looking for a smaller player to tangle with.

Bogosian ended up with 17 penalty minutes, all together 61 were handed out at the end of the game.

Doan is an idiot, I have always proclaimed him the most overrated player in the game he has the hockey IQ of a gnat and takes bad penalties at the absolute wrong time and has a long history of roughing up smaller skilled players. I am glad that Bogosian got revenge, not on Doan for his stupidity but on two of his skilled teammates, Duclair and OEL.

Good character win for the Sabres.

59 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

...and the Final Jeopardy question is "What is the highlight of the Arizona Coyotes and Buffalo Sabres respective seasons?"

For Arizona: "What is sitting in a guaranteed playoff spot?"

For Buffalo: "What is having one fewer win than the Flyers?"

I'll take "Teams doing better than you might think" for $500, Alex

:ph34r:

29 minutes ago, radoran said:

For Arizona: "What is sitting in a guaranteed playoff spot?"

For Buffalo: "What is having one fewer win than the Flyers?"

I'll take "Teams doing better than you might think" for $500, Alex

:ph34r:

We'll see in April what happens for all 3 of these teams. The Flyers have a better shot at the playoffs than either of them.

16 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

We'll see in April what happens for all 3 of these teams. The Flyers have a better shot at the playoffs than either of them.

Well, certainly than Buffalo. The Sabres aren't really expecting to do much.

But Arizona has the benefit of playing in a fairly terrible Pacific Division. They're (tied for) third in the Pacific but would be sixth in the Central. That said, if they're not top three in the Pacific, they ain't going. As it stands, both wild cards are coming from the Central.

On 2016-01-21 at 0:37 PM, radoran said:

Well, certainly than Buffalo. The Sabres aren't really expecting to do much.

But Arizona has the benefit of playing in a fairly terrible Pacific Division. They're (tied for) third in the Pacific but would be sixth in the Central. That said, if they're not top three in the Pacific, they ain't going. As it stands, both wild cards are coming from the Central.

Not much of a lead in Central. A whole 2 games. No guaranteed the Wild cards comes from Central.

A lot of the pacific teams are starting to play the way they can, while Central teams are Slumping. Still half a season to go.

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Not much of a lead in Central. A whole 2 games. No guaranteed the Wild cards comes from Central.

A lot of the pacific teams are starting to play the way they can, while Central teams are Slumping. Still half a season to go.

Well, that's why I said "as it stands"

:drool:

On 1/19/2016 at 8:36 AM, yave1964 said:

Doan is an idiot, I have always proclaimed him the most overrated player in the game he has the hockey IQ of a gnat and takes bad penalties at the absolute wrong time and has a long history of roughing up smaller skilled players. I am glad that Bogosian got revenge, not on Doan for his stupidity but on two of his skilled teammates, Duclair and OEL.

I used to admire Doan for his perseverence on a club that has struggled over the years in the West.  He could have left for a greater chance to win the cup, but he stayed moreso for helping stabilize a franchise no FA wanted to play for.  But then his play on the ice is more often on the edge of thruggery.  He'll never win a lady bing award.

10 hours ago, hf101 said:

I used to admire Doan for his perseverence on a club that has struggled over the years in the West.  He could have left for a greater chance to win the cup, but he stayed moreso for helping stabilize a franchise no FA wanted to play for.  But then his play on the ice is more often on the edge of thruggery.  He'll never win a lady bing award.

Doan is one of the biggest whiners in the game, he will go into the corner and come out with the other guys jersey on his stick and a couple of teeth on the ice and when called for hooking or high sticking he mocks it up and acts the fool as if he is the wounded party, not the poor schlep in the corner. And another thing, he does not go after the Abdelkader or the Schenn types, he goes after the Dylan Larkin or the Ryan O'reilly's of the world, soft, skilled players. With the Wings in the West I saw quite a lot of that from him. I am not a fan of Bososian, never think of him much but watching him give the Coyotes a bit of what Doan dishes out by drilling OEL and Duclair was a comeuppance towards Doan's action of going after O'Reilly. Bogo is now a favorite of mine.

Archived